Russell Wilson & Pete Carroll NFL on FOX interview

redhawk253

Reaction score
does anyone know if this love for the seahawks was already pre-established and if his dad was a seahawk's fan or from around here or something? seems like from some of his comments this was his most desired destination. "i think my dad prolly nudged pete.." "i saw the seahawks coming up and i was really hoping.." i tried googling it but couldn't find anything that touches on it.

sc85sis

Reaction score
They always tell guys during the draft process not to fall in love with a team because it may not be where they end up. In spite of that warning, sometimes it's hard for a guy not to get excited when he interviews/works out for a team and feels like he's a great fit, likes the coach, etc. I wonder if that happened with Russell and is the reason he was hoping to be picked by Seattle.

drdiags

Reaction score
His father was a final cut for the Chargers. Not sure which NFL team his dad pulled for but would think Redskins due to location as a guess.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
When He played minor legue baseball he played for the Tri-City Dust Devils maybe thats where its from

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Wilson's not stupid. He saw Pete start players in their freshman years at USC, and that he has the "always compete" mantra with the Seahawks. He knew his best shot at winning the starting role in the entire NFL was the Seahawks. Why wouldn't he want to be drafted by us, honestly? We were the most likely candidates to overlook his height in terms of his chances at becoming a starter. If I had to guess, I'd guess he truly does love the Seattle Seahawks.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Starting quarterback: Tarvaris jackson.

What college QB wouldnt want to be drafted by that team?

(although i love me some TJack)

Bakergirl

Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me why Russell Wilson was happy the Seahawks called him up on draft day. I'm just glad they did, I'm glad it's where he wanted to go and it's where he is happy playing.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
Seahawksfan425":1nexteiu said:
Must see

[youtube]yNHrbL_9f4M[/youtube]

2:23 - "Yeah, being picked in the first round would have been a dream come true, but my dream's already come true. I'm a Seattle Seahawk."

I just melted into a blue and green puddle.