12 Flag on SNF

cacksman

Reaction score
Macklemore would be awesome! Such a great rep to the NW.

hawker84

Reaction score
Hell no.. big game needs big name... Ken Griffey Jr. has he ever done it? can't remember.

dunceface

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1x2cj2b9 said:
Which song of his is played with touchdowns?

The song is called "Can't Hold Us"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsXmuQD ... ata_player

And Hawker I would have to say Macklemore is a big name...he just finished his international tour for his independent album, The Heist, which held the #1 spot on iTunes for almost a week and I've seen him perform on Jimmy Fallon and Ellen and like other have mentioned HE REPS HARD FOR THE NW!

CANHawk

Reaction score
dunceface":10tlnjup said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":10tlnjup said:
Which song of his is played with touchdowns?

The song is called "Can't Hold Us"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsXmuQD ... ata_player

And Hawker I would have to say Macklemore is a big name...he just finished his international tour for his independent album, The Heist, which held the #1 spot on iTunes for almost a week and I've seen him perform on Jimmy Fallon and Ellen and like other have mentioned HE REPS HARD FOR THE NW!

I think Macklemore is going to be a real big name real soon. Dude is phenomenal.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I don' think so. very mediocre, at best. Even Trent Dilfer is better than this.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Shaz":n2wfn1rm said:
Who the hell is Macklemore? Sounds like a terrible putz

I just watched his lame video....and remembered how bad rap really is. :pukeface:

If the hawks want a musician to raise the flag Sunday get a real one. That dude is a wangster.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Hawker":1ynohx71 said:
I'm a fan of Macklemore. If you haven't heard, "Thrift Shop" yet, or "My Volvo" youtube it now. This coming from a country guy. I'm alright if he's our anointed flag man Sunday evening.

My Volvo isn't by Macklemore.. That's Grynch's song.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":3hw4h2ce said:
I don' think so. very mediocre, at best. Even Trent Dilfer is better than this.

But then again is your opinion even worth anything when its terrible?

Largent80

Reaction score
Seriously, I think this is reaching the ridiculous level. I thought the flag raising used to be special but now? This is the best they can come up with?

How about Ann and Nancy Wilson who's band Heart just went into the rock n roll hall of fame.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":p8vgubim said:
Seriously, I think this is reaching the ridiculous level. I thought the flag raising used to be special but now? This is the best they can come up with?

How about Ann and Nancy Wilson who's band Heart just went into the rock n roll hall of fame.

Or maybe we can get MAAAAAAAATLOOOOOOOOCK!

:les:

RockHawk

Reaction score
Once again, it breaks into a fight about musical preferences. If they have Heart as Rob says, half the place would be screaming about "old" and "they haven't been relevant since the 80's" and "they suck", but if you have a current artist, you have the exact opposite stances.

Fact is; Raising the 12th man flag isn't about who's cool, or who's music you prefer folks. It's about representing us; the Seahawks nation and our community. This guy bleeds blue and green, and gives our community a voice. He's an excellent choice to represent me by raising our flag, regardless of how much I like or dislike rap.

/Rant

RockHawk

Reaction score
Oh, and you seriously said Ken Griffey JR?!? Seriously? The guy that rode through town and waved goodbye to Seattle with a middle finger and fist full of cash, only to return for his swan song and make everything ok again? What's next, Alex Rodriguez to raise it? Screw that. Compare them to Gary Payton or Walter Jones, who lives, loves, and breathes Seattle and Seattle sports.

Ken Griffey Jr can go to hell and raise their flag. I don't want him anywhere near my 12th man material. /Rant again

redhawk253

Reaction score
RockHawk":zzyugsij said:
Oh, and you seriously said Ken Griffey JR?!? Seriously? The guy that rode through town and waved goodbye to Seattle with a middle finger and fist full of cash, only to return for his swan song and make everything ok again? What's next, Alex Rodriguez to raise it? Screw that. Compare them to Gary Payton or Walter Jones, who lives, loves, and breathes Seattle and Seattle sports.

Ken Griffey Jr can go to hell and raise their flag. I don't want him anywhere near my 12th man material. /Rant again

Jr took less money to go play in his hometown where his dad was coaching........

Basis4day

Reaction score
[youtube]NOhn4Zbpr7g[/youtube]

How about a Russell Wilson tribute to Macklemore's music?