Are we going to smoke SF Sunday night?

A

Anonymous

Provided we are all still here Friday afternoon, I'd say the planets are aligned quite nicely for a Seahawks victory.

As I mentioned in another thread, it's really a game that will be a very tough one for the Niners to eek out a victory in. So many conditions favor the Hawks it's not even fair. Home at the Clink, nationally-televised, last game before Christmas, the whole league will be watching, the 12's will be a force, and we've got Wilson.

One thing's for sure, it'll be a question of how many interceptions Kaerpenick will throw. Optimus will be on his game, Lane is looking better, ET is all over the place, we've got KJ Wright playing sweet coverage from the LB spot, and Kam is, well, just Kam. If we contain Gore and cover the deep ball, we're good.

hawker84

Reaction score
is Sherman playing.. that's the key for me... if we lose him, we're going to be in a tough spot.. and as far as i'm concerned niners did what they needed to do in a very tough game... hat's off to their victory... but you will not be facing a weak Patriots defense this sunday, you'll be facing a top 5 D in the most hostile stadium in the league.... in the elements... you can cut that 41 pts in half, maybe more. 24 - 17 hawks

60niners

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1e17br31 said:
Provided we are all still here Friday afternoon, I'd say the planets are aligned quite nicely for a Seahawks victory.

As I mentioned in another thread, it's really a game that will be a very tough one for the Niners to eek out a victory in. So many conditions favor the Hawks it's not even fair. Home at the Clink, nationally-televised, last game before Christmas, the whole league will be watching, the 12's will be a force, and we've got Wilson.

One thing's for sure, it'll be a question of how many interceptions Kaerpenick will throw. Optimus will be on his game, Lane is looking better, ET is all over the place, we've got KJ Wright playing sweet coverage from the LB spot, and Kam is, well, just Kam. If we contain Gore and cover the deep ball, we're good.
I'm curious how the bolded favors the Seahawks? Our last match was nationally televised as well. Home field advantage definitely favors the Hawks, but I really don't see how those others are advantages.

My personal opinion is that this game will come down to how well Seattles offense can play against the Niner defense. They aren't going to play like they did against the Cards and Bills... But how well or badly they play will really set the tempo for the game me thinks. Seattles defense should play better than in the first meeting, but so should the 49er offense.

amill87

Reaction score
I think an advantage Seattle has is Wilson has played against a top ranked defense where Kaep has yet to face a defense like ours.

At home, I think our defense is the best in the league. Hell we are only one point behind the Niners in points allowed.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
60niners":1sr94sf0 said:
I'm curious how the bolded favors the Seahawks? Our last match was nationally televised as well. Home field advantage definitely favors the Hawks, but I really don't see how those others are advantages.

Who tops the list of MNF win percentage? :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Nig ... _standings

Even in our bad years, we've had a strikingly high number of MNF wins. We seem to thrive in prime time spotlight. Obviously, yes, the 49ers are 3rd on that list; but a lot of those games were during your glory years.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
49fansince70":3vqyksyp said:
Thanks for the unbiased reporting. All this time I thought the 49ers won a game nobody thought they could win, on the road, against a consistently top ranked team, with a QB making his 6th NFL start, with weather that helped the home team, but now I realize it was all luck.

What's amazing is you come to a Seahawks fan forum and expect everyone to pat your head and tell you how great the 49ers are. Come on, dude.

lukerguy

Reaction score
The 49ers have a better D then we do...They are also a D built for having the lead unlike any other. Their pass rush between Smith&Smith is not even fair.

We have many advantages on offense (IMO), but if we can improve an interior pass rush an get someone anywhere near Justin Smith then we will be up to par with them. I see our secondary/LB core as comparable- it's really only our Dline that is inferior.

BayAreafbfan

Reaction score
Hawker":oqdrzmae said:
RolandDeschain":oqdrzmae said:
BayAreafbfan":oqdrzmae said:
A good pass rush will slow down any offence dude, even the unstopable Russel Wilson. :roll:

I actually think you'd probably be better off keeping a spy on Wilson and not blitzing heavily. Wilson has beaten a lot of blitzes by just taking off, or escaping and throwing a 20-yard pass on the run to someone.

It did seem, though, that the Bills game-planned for Wilson's maneuverability by keeping a safety/LB close to spy Wilson, but too often they leaned left or leaned right and Wilson caught them by running opposite that defender. Or so I saw it. Seems like our QB now knows teams will have a man on him and looks for that in his progressions.

If I were SF, I'd have to believe the best way to stop Wilson is to limit his approach - and by backing off on the blitzing packages they do just the opposite by way of leaving him the run-option with room to carry. That is where the Bills failed, aside from the opening play of the game.

There is no denying that RW is a speedy QB that can burn teams with the run option. SF does however have quality linebackers that are quite fast and mobile. Do I think we are going to completely shut down the RW scrambles? No. But in no way on God's green earth are we going to allow three rushing touchdowns by Russel Wilson like the Bills did on Sunday..

Hamhawk

Reaction score
I expect a close game on Sunday,....I just hope we don't get Mike Carey and his officiating crew,...could be a big factor in a hard fought close game,...

ScarScream

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3r6l5ybe said:
60niners":3r6l5ybe said:

Who tops the list of MNF win percentage? :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Nig ... _standings

Even in our bad years, we've had a strikingly high number of MNF wins. We seem to thrive in prime time spotlight. Obviously, yes, the 49ers are 3rd on that list; but a lot of those games were during your glory years.

So what's the stat on SNF? Cause MNF is off subject here..

jlwaters1

Reaction score
60niners":1wibq7n7 said:
HoustonHawk82":1wibq7n7 said:

My personal opinion is that this game will come down to how well Seattles offense can play against the Niner defense. They aren't going to play like they did against the Cards and Bills... But how well or badly they play will really set the tempo for the game me thinks. Seattles defense should play better than in the first meeting, but so should the 49er offense.

I think it all comes down to Kaepernick. He's had 7 passing TD's in his 6 games he's played. 6 of which have come in 2 games- 4 against the PATS, and 2 against the Saints- Both have very suspect defenses. Will he play like he did against the PATs and connect on several TD passes or will he play like he did against the Dolphins and Rams (both with good defenses) and only manage a single rushing TD? If it's the latter than SF WILL NOT win the game. Kaepernick will have to be able generate more than 17 points to win this game. If RW keeps up his trend of not turning the ball over- 1 INT all season at home, than that will force SF to drive significant distances for scores. I not sure they can do that all game long.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
BayAreafbfan":dh43ap03 said:
There is no denying that RW is a speedy QB that can burn teams with the run option. SF does however have quality linebackers that are quite fast and mobile. Do I think we are going to completely shut down the RW scrambles? No. But in no way on God's green earth are we going to allow three rushing touchdowns by Russel Wilson like the Bills did on Sunday..

I'd say that's pretty likely considering that Buffalo was the first time RW has made it into the endzone. It should be a really fun game and I would expect the intensity to be off-the charts and feel like a playoff game. Last Christmas Eve game was that way, very entertaining. The good news is we don't have T-Jack leading the charge.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ScarScream":ekrocfy3 said:
So what's the stat on SNF? Cause MNF is off subject here..

Prime time is prime time, but I could only find stats on Sunday Night Football games since NBC took over in 2006. We're 5-3 on them, and the 49ers are 2-1. So, you guys have the better percentage by a small margin, but that's a pretty damned small sample size, and I'm not sure it should count on its own, here; but I don't want you to think I'm trying to "run away" from it, but perhaps it should be lumped into the MNF numbers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBC_Sunday ... %93present)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
BayAreafbfan":2eqxokvq said:
I cannot remotely see any of these two teams dominating each other on the scoreboard on Sunday unless there are some freakish turn of events like a floodgate of turnovers. The way Kap was miss handling the ball from center better be worked out come Sunday Night because it's always a wet one in Seattle this time of year. I expect a close game and whoever screws up late in the game is going down.

Pretty much my take on it. If both teams play clean, it will be really tight.

That's the whole thing about the avalanche. The Cards had it bad, where really in Buffalo the Hawks had some serious scoring going on, then the catch-up mistakes started happening,

With SF, both teams are capable of scoring and stopping. Certainly a tough one to pick.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
I believe it will be another close game. The turnovers will be key. Also, I believe special teams will be an x factor in this game.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
I would like to think that our team just shifted into another gear. Yeah you can argue that we just played two craptastic teams, but we beat them handily like we were supposed to. Another 50bomb would be mindboggling acceptable. I believe.

hawker84

Reaction score
60niners":c4y6j3vo said:
HoustonHawk82":c4y6j3vo said:

see this is what kills me, i see this so much on your guys board.. you act like the only offensively productive games were against the Bills and Cards.. we had pretty good games against the cowboys , pats and bears as well, jets and vikings..

hawker84

Reaction score
fact of the matter is, IMO those games against the Cards and Bills , were just the result of really bad teams playing really horrible football, on top of our good offensive production... no one on here thinks that our offense is elite or even close based on those two vicotories.. heck i was embarrassed for the fans of those teams, for how pathetic their teams played.. not giddy over our offense.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
In the first game Hawks did not play efficient football. Several dropped passes killed drives and put the SF O back on the field. That is not the case now. The Hawks O is clicking and moving the ball the bast they have all year. The 9rs have a great D yes, but efficient, smart, mistake free football will nullify that.

On the other hand, the Hawks D got burned for some long gains in the first meeting, I believe they are also playing more efficient football and should play much more disciplined. I don't believe the 9rs will get 100 on the ground in this game. I like the Hawks chances with Keap throwing the ball, and I fully expect Keap to scramble until Chancellor blows him up a couple times.

It's a hard game to call, but I'm confident the Hawks are ready to make a statement!

60niners

Reaction score
hawker84":11dh9jqm said:
60niners":11dh9jqm said:
HoustonHawk82":11dh9jqm said:

see this is what kills me, i see this so much on your guys board.. you act like the only offensively productive games were against the Bills and Cards.. we had pretty good games against the cowboys , pats and bears as well, jets and vikings..
Was just using those two games as an example because there's a lot of chest thumping going on about how the Seahawks are unstoppable. Different caliber of opponent definitely makes a difference.