RUMOR: Tebow requesting trade/release after season is over

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13

  • That's about as obvious as it gets. Jets are going to release him whether he wants to or not, and I'm sure he 100% agrees.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18815
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:That's about as obvious as it gets. Jets are going to release him whether he wants to or not, and I'm sure he 100% agrees.


    Jaguars maybe?

    Or Cardinals? :mrgreen:
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5231
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


  • Jacksonville. Tebow comes home.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11266
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • You know it's bad when Mr Happy Clappy doesn't want to play for them anymore.
    User avatar
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 790
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 am


  • He's probably a good guy and teammate, but his skill set just isn't in high demand in the NFL. His only hope is to get with a coach that can be more creative than running him into the line of scrimmage five times a game, but even then I've always hated splitting QB reps.

    The Jets...man, they are a mess. Did they have no idea it was a terrible idea from the beginning?
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

    Jack Dempsey
    User avatar
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1575
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:10 pm


  • I believe their owner is the guy who decided to bring him in.
    I doubt the head coach ever made that decision.
    The coaching staff watching him in practice ... and they were even more shocked he can't play as a QB.
    Bring him in as a punt returner? or a Tight-end. But can he even block? Can he run routes?
    Tebow is a waste, unless the coaching staff commits to him 100%.
    Joe
    Fuzzman55 wrote:He's probably a good guy and teammate, but his skill set just isn't in high demand in the NFL. His only hope is to get with a coach that can be more creative than running him into the line of scrimmage five times a game, but even then I've always hated splitting QB reps.

    The Jets...man, they are a mess. Did they have no idea it was a terrible idea from the beginning?
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*
     
    Posts: 947
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm


  • Got to be the Jags! Only team that makes sense. Now if he wants to play TE or FB then maybe other teams take advantage of it. I could see good ol' Bill B taking advantage of this and bringing him to the Pats too. They'd probably set him up as RB or something. He just can't play QB in this league. Talented guy, not a good QB.
    User avatar
    aredub
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 143
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:58 pm


  • Whew.....I was worried you were gonna suggest the Seahawks trade for him. I actually like Tebow as a person, but I really don't want him on our football team.
    Image
    User avatar
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 9010
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm


  • I still find it hard to believe that people believe he is a viable option long term at the qb position. Teach him how to block and make him a TE and we could have something. Just because someone played qb in college doesn't mean they should do so in the NFL. You can have a good career at another position if you put your mind to it. Michael Robinson is a perfect example. He played QB in college, came into the NFL to be a RB and ended up being a pro bowl FB. Tebow has skills, they just don't include throwing the ball well.

    The way the Jets are using him is just bad bad bad. You can't switch quarterbacks several times in each drive. It is not a formula that will work in the NFL.
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14045
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • It's about this time when Michael Robinson should call Tebow up and tell him, "Dude, yeah, stop with the QB thing. You're a fullback. I know."
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15451
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • If Tebow was serious about being a QB in this league he'd quit adding muscle and work on his god awful throwing motion. Until he does that he'll never be a viable QB in this league, and any coach who is smart wouldn't want Tebow anywhere near his team if they have the potential for QB controversy. Tebow isn't the answer to anybodies QB problem.
    User avatar
    razor150
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1823
    Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:22 am


  • I hate talking about this guy as he is the most over hyped person in the history of the planet, but I can't help but think he would be phenomenal as an H-back TE. He's got the ideal build and athleticism for it. I don't know if he can catch or not, but even if he was semi-consistent with his hands he'd be an asset. You could get real creative with a guy like that on the field.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11436
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • Wow. The Jets made Mark Sanchez a worse QB, I can't imagine how bad Tebow is now.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1881
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm


  • Tebow sells Jerseys, which makes plenty of ca$$ for the NFL Teams ...
    They need to keep him around for a while, just for the $$$ and the ratings ... and the controversies.
    They just need to find a team, with the cult following (somewhere in the South, preferably) to join his cult.
    Jacksonville is one place.
    Tennessee would be another one. (Jake Locker doesn't have it)
    Not sure if the Bills and Buffalo can embrace him ...

    CANHawk wrote:I hate talking about this guy as he is the most over hyped person in the history of the planet, but I can't help but think he would be phenomenal as an H-back TE. He's got the ideal build and athleticism for it. I don't know if he can catch or not, but even if he was semi-consistent with his hands he'd be an asset. You could get real creative with a guy like that on the field.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*
     
    Posts: 947
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm


  • joeseahawks wrote:Tebow sells Jerseys, which makes plenty of ca$$ for the NFL Teams ...
    They need to keep him around for a while, just for the $$$ and the ratings ... and the controversies.
    They just need to find a team, with the cult following (somewhere in the South, preferably) to join his cult.
    Jacksonville is one place.
    Tennessee would be another one. (Jake Locker doesn't have it)
    Not sure if the Bills and Buffalo can embrace him ...

    CANHawk wrote:I hate talking about this guy as he is the most over hyped person in the history of the planet, but I can't help but think he would be phenomenal as an H-back TE. He's got the ideal build and athleticism for it. I don't know if he can catch or not, but even if he was semi-consistent with his hands he'd be an asset. You could get real creative with a guy like that on the field.


    Well, if that's the case it's really too bad. Dude is a great athleate and could potentially have a long and even productive career with a position change, but people really need to stop the Tebowmania side show and stop telling him he's a quarterback.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11436
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • Tebow, pull your head out buddy. Sign with Seattle, and learn from Rob how to play your new spot. Tebow could easily be a 6'4 255lbs fullback with decent speed and make a good living for a 8-10 years. Or stay a QB and be out of the NFL in 1-2 years.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2230
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:I love a running back who can legitimately throw the ball, because it adds an extra layer of threat.


    Well, that rules out Tebow.
    User avatar
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2152
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 pm


  • CANHawk wrote:
    joeseahawks wrote:Tebow sells Jerseys, which makes plenty of ca$$ for the NFL Teams ...
    They need to keep him around for a while, just for the $$$ and the ratings ... and the controversies.
    They just need to find a team, with the cult following (somewhere in the South, preferably) to join his cult.
    Jacksonville is one place.
    Tennessee would be another one. (Jake Locker doesn't have it)
    Not sure if the Bills and Buffalo can embrace him ...

    CANHawk wrote:I hate talking about this guy as he is the most over hyped person in the history of the planet, but I can't help but think he would be phenomenal as an H-back TE. He's got the ideal build and athleticism for it. I don't know if he can catch or not, but even if he was semi-consistent with his hands he'd be an asset. You could get real creative with a guy like that on the field.


    Well, if that's the case it's really too bad. Dude is a great athleate and could potentially have a long and even productive career with a position change, but people really need to stop the Tebowmania side show and stop telling him he's a quarterback.


    I wonder if he had less love from fans he would have ever switched from QB to FB? Just the fans loved him so much, that he must be a "star" and stay at QB.

    Fame backfires sometimes.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5231
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington




It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online