Russell Wilson did NOT win Offensive Player of the Week.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Colin Kaepernick did.

Discuss.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• Sounds like SW media bias to me.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

• IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Colin Kaepernick did.

Discuss.

Kaepernick faced a tougher challenge, frankly, and he performed admirably. A good argument could have been made for either.

Let's hope Wilson sees this as another injustice and uses it to make Kaepernick's team pay this weekend.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• No one cares if the Hawks beat the Bills, we all know that. Kap pulled off a huge upset, people are going to be drawn to that over two smaller market teams in any scenario.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• A win over the Pats is more impressive.

RW has been doing it all year though.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• As the OP on the thread, don't interpret my post as saying I disagree. I just wanted discussion.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• I thought when I voted that Wilson wasn't even a choice?

I only saw him on the rookie vote.

EDIT:NM, this isn't the award that is voted on, my bad.
    DericLee
    NET Veteran

• Better story that will get more hits IMHO but what do i know
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• Well let's be honest it's the most impressive QB performance against the Patriots we'll see all year :roll:
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Fumbles >>> TDs.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• He beat the Pats on the road while playing pretty damn well dude. He deserved it this week and give credit where credit is due.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:He beat the Pats on the road while playing pretty damn well dude. He deserved it this week and give credit where credit is due.

If this is directed at me, please re-read my two posts in the thread.

IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:He beat the Pats on the road while playing pretty damn well dude. He deserved it this week and give credit where credit is due.

If this is directed at me, please re-read my two posts in the thread.

Dude, you can't ask for discussion then get all defensive any time anyone says anything like it's some kind of attack on you. TRJC's comments don't say anything about you. Get over yourself. :mrgreen:
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Kaepernick fumbles 4 times and the 49ers nearly blow a 31-3 lead to lose the game, but he's got player of the week.....bah.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Damn blueandgreen, exactly whose side are you on here?

j/k
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Third QB ever to throw for 4 TDs at Foxboro. The others are Brady and Manning. Sounds impressive to me.
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

• Silcon Valley has better voting bots....
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

• 400WattHPSHawk wrote:Damn blueandgreen, exactly whose side are you on here?

Well, accorinding to CANHawk, I'm on my side.

IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

400WattHPSHawk wrote:Damn blueandgreen, exactly whose side are you on here?

:angry017:
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

400WattHPSHawk wrote:Damn blueandgreen, exactly whose side are you on here?

Sounds to me like you're on the 49ers side here.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• Wasn't Russell Wilson the first rookie to rush for 3 tds and throw for 1 in a game since the 1950s? And that was all in the first half. I think I read that somewhere, but I could be wrong.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• he deserved it just as much i think.. better story.. fumbles were horrible, but he had some nice throws and runs for score.. who cares anyways, sunday's all i care about , then the playoffs and RW ROY... done deal.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• NorCal wrote:Third QB ever to throw for 4 TDs at Foxboro. The others are Brady and Manning. Sounds impressive to me.

I'm not sure how impressive it is, really; when's the last time the Patriots had an elite defense? Even when their defense was good under Belichick, DBs were their biggest weakness. DB has been the biggest weakness on the entire Patriots team for most of Belichick's reign there. Don't get me wrong, 4 passing TDs is a good QB showing regardless, but it's not like it's a challenge to throw against the Patriots defense. Hasn't been for a long, long time. It also hasn't been a challenge to run against them most of Belichick's career there, either.

Also probably the worst showing by the Patriots in a half (first half) ever. I couldn't believe all the mistakes, as well as pieces of luck here and there for the 49ers, that contributed to the make-up of that first half.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    NorCal wrote:Third QB ever to throw for 4 TDs at Foxboro. The others are Brady and Manning. Sounds impressive to me.

I'm not sure how impressive it is, really; when's the last time the Patriots had an elite defense? Even when their defense was good under Belichick, DBs were their biggest weakness. DB has been the biggest weakness on the entire Patriots team for most of Belichick's reign there. Don't get me wrong, 4 passing TDs is a good QB showing regardless, but it's not like it's a challenge to throw against the Patriots defense. Hasn't been for a long, long time. It also hasn't been a challenge to run against them most of Belichick's career there, either.

Also probably the worst showing by the Patriots in a half (first half) ever. I couldn't believe all the mistakes, as well as pieces of luck here and there for the 49ers, that contributed to the make-up of that first half.

No doubt. For all that Belichick gets a lot of pub for being some defensive mastermind, his defenses usually suck arse. Sure he's a good coach, but a lot of his resume comes courtesy of Tom Brady (and Lawrence Taylor).
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Kaep deserved it given the environment, how he performed and the team he was facing

Can't hate on that
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Shaz wrote:Kaep deserved it given the environment, how he performed and the team he was facing

Can't hate on that

You'd be singing a different tune if the 49ers were unlucky with the 4 Kaepernick fumbles, instead of lucky with them. If those had all gone to the Patriots instead?...lol.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Russell Wilson set records, so he probably should've been picked.

None the less, Kaepernick was only selected because of context, so ehh, what are you gonna do?
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Shaz wrote:Kaep deserved it given the environment, how he performed and the team he was facing

Can't hate on that

You'd be singing a different tune if the 49ers were unlucky with the 4 Kaepernick fumbles, instead of lucky with them. If those had all gone to the Patriots instead?...lol.

Yeah, Kap did good and really deserves some credit, but those fumbles were horrible. He got straight up lucky to not have 4 really bad give aways.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• CANHawk wrote:Yeah, Kap did good and really deserves some credit, but those fumbles were horrible. He got straight up lucky to not have 4 really bad give aways.

He also threw a few bad ducks that at least one of which would have been picked off by our secondary, too.

I think Kaepernick's going to get exposed this Sunday. If SF wins, it'll be because of the ground game. That is, assuming our 3rd-string CB plays well like he did last week. Missing Browner is definitely a concern.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:Kaepernick fumbles 4 times and the 49ers nearly blow a 31-3 lead to lose the game, but he's got player of the week.....bah.

exactly what I thought. Sorry but I just don't see Kaepernickle and company barely not losing, as very impressive.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• sammyc521 wrote:A win over the Pats is more impressive.

RW has been doing it all year though.

Pretty much how I feel. A win over the Pats is gonna catch more peoples eyes, and deservedly so, than a win over the Bills. But really both QBs played great in their respective games regardless.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• We beat the Bills, they beat the Patriots on SNF. What do you expect?

And everyone hates the Seahawks.
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Starter

• Let Wilson go in the game with a chip on his shoulder
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Shaz wrote:Kaep deserved it given the environment, how he performed and the team he was facing

Can't hate on that

So should we also count terrible throws that are nearly picked out of a QBs rating?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    NorCal wrote:Third QB ever to throw for 4 TDs at Foxboro. The others are Brady and Manning. Sounds impressive to me.

You're bashing the Patriots defense, when Wilson tore up the BILLS defense.

Both guys played great. The end.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• NorCal wrote:Third QB ever to throw for 4 TDs at Foxboro. The others are Brady and Manning. Sounds impressive to me.

i'd say so but of course our friends here will overlook this lls
    VaSfan4life
    NET Practice Squad

• RolandDeschain wrote:

your kinda of making our point... if the Pats D is so terrible(and it is) then why doesn't everyone throw 4 TD's in foxboro... come on bro we can play this game all u want but we know what Kaep did in his 3rd road start against belichick on Sunday Night Football was impressive
    VaSfan4life
    NET Practice Squad

• volsunghawk wrote:
    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Colin Kaepernick did.

Discuss.

Kaepernick faced a tougher challenge, frankly, and he performed admirably. A good argument could have been made for either.

Let's hope Wilson sees this as another injustice and uses it to make Kaepernick's team pay this weekend.

He was also on national tv and we were in Canada
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Location: Victoria BC or my Galactic Stonghold on Nar Shaddaa

• I really don't understand why Kaep winning this is such a bad thing, he played a great game

Stop this crap, not every Seahawk is going to win every award
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• VaSfan4life wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

your kinda of making our point... if the Pats D is so terrible(and it is) then why doesn't everyone throw 4 TD's in foxboro... come on bro we can play this game all u want but we know what Kaep did in his 3rd road start against belichick on Sunday Night Football was impressive

well seemingly every man and his dog can put up 108 points against the Cardinals and Bills
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:So should we also count terrible throws that are nearly picked out of a QBs rating?

Yes, with the exception being balls that were tipped. I'd love to see that included, but it would HAVE to have some logical things put into it. Don't count cases where there is PI happening against the player on offense that is targeted, i.e., pushing a receiver down as the ball's getting thrown, turning what might have been a good pass into a bad one.

The more I think about it, this would be a tremendously difficult stat to quantify. I'm not sure it's possible with any degree of fairness, frankly; but I'd love it if it could be done. I'd also love it if they penalized QBs for passes the receiver has to adjust to, assuming the receiver is running a crisp/correct route.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• AF_Hawk wrote:Wasn't Russell Wilson the first rookie to rush for 3 tds and throw for 1 in a game since the 1950s? And that was all in the first half. I think I read that somewhere, but I could be wrong.

I saw this somewhere too, that Russell Wilson was the first QB ever to run for 3 TDs and throw for one in the first half of a game.
    chawx
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, Wilson's the first QB ever to do that. Not rookie, but QB, period. His game uniform's going up in Canton.

He's already got his foot in the door. I think I might have to buy plane tickets when the time comes to go to his enshrinement in about 20 years. :D

(Calm down, 49ers fans; I'm not expecting anything, just gleefully hoping, and making a semi-facetious remark based on Canton putting his uniform in the HoF for that game's performance.)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:45 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information