Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: RUMOR: Tebow requesting trade/release after season is over
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:18 pm 
NET Veteran

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/v ... p?t=507953

Quote:
@MMehtaNYDN
Next domino in Jets QB situation: Tim Tebow will request to be traded/released after season assuming McElroy starts last 2 games, per source

Post subject: Re: RUMOR: Tebow requesting trade/release after season is over
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:34 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

That's about as obvious as it gets. Jets are going to release him whether he wants to or not, and I'm sure he 100% agrees.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:37 pm 
NET Veteran

Seahawk Sailor wrote:
That's about as obvious as it gets. Jets are going to release him whether he wants to or not, and I'm sure he 100% agrees.

Jaguars maybe?

Or Cardinals? :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:46 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Jacksonville. Tebow comes home.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:34 am 
NET Veteran

You know it's bad when Mr Happy Clappy doesn't want to play for them anymore.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:55 am 
NET Veteran

He's probably a good guy and teammate, but his skill set just isn't in high demand in the NFL. His only hope is to get with a coach that can be more creative than running him into the line of scrimmage five times a game, but even then I've always hated splitting QB reps.

The Jets...man, they are a mess. Did they have no idea it was a terrible idea from the beginning?

Jack Dempsey

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:43 am 
*The Prophet*

I believe their owner is the guy who decided to bring him in.
I doubt the head coach ever made that decision.
The coaching staff watching him in practice ... and they were even more shocked he can't play as a QB.
Bring him in as a punt returner? or a Tight-end. But can he even block? Can he run routes?
Tebow is a waste, unless the coaching staff commits to him 100%.
Joe
Fuzzman55 wrote:
He's probably a good guy and teammate, but his skill set just isn't in high demand in the NFL. His only hope is to get with a coach that can be more creative than running him into the line of scrimmage five times a game, but even then I've always hated splitting QB reps.

The Jets...man, they are a mess. Did they have no idea it was a terrible idea from the beginning?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:12 am 
NET Rookie

Got to be the Jags! Only team that makes sense. Now if he wants to play TE or FB then maybe other teams take advantage of it. I could see good ol' Bill B taking advantage of this and bringing him to the Pats too. They'd probably set him up as RB or something. He just can't play QB in this league. Talented guy, not a good QB.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:16 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Whew.....I was worried you were gonna suggest the Seahawks trade for him. I actually like Tebow as a person, but I really don't want him on our football team.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:24 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

I still find it hard to believe that people believe he is a viable option long term at the qb position. Teach him how to block and make him a TE and we could have something. Just because someone played qb in college doesn't mean they should do so in the NFL. You can have a good career at another position if you put your mind to it. Michael Robinson is a perfect example. He played QB in college, came into the NFL to be a RB and ended up being a pro bowl FB. Tebow has skills, they just don't include throwing the ball well.

The way the Jets are using him is just bad bad bad. You can't switch quarterbacks several times in each drive. It is not a formula that will work in the NFL.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:35 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

Jazzhawk wrote:
Whew.....I was worried you were gonna suggest the Seahawks trade for him. I actually like Tebow as a person, but I really don't want him on our football team.

You know, we really don't need him, as we have Robinson, who I assume would be our "third" quarterback since we don't carry one. But other than that, he'd actually be a great addition as a backup quarterback to Wilson. He's got the run option that we could feed him all day and not change our offence much at all in the case Wilson went down. I wouldn't want to use him like the Jets did at the beginning of the year, because they used him horribly, but if he did see the field, putting him in for five plays - whether we used him or not - the defense would assume we would, and would compensate for it. Using him as a blocker in those cases would be a great "trick" play, even if it wasn't what's traditionally known as a trick play. Turning him into a running back would actually be the smarter option, and I could see him doing it for a guy like Pete Carroll, but it probably won't happen. What can I say? I love a running back who can legitimately throw the ball, because it adds an extra layer of threat.

A smart team with a mobile quarterback will pick him up as the backup and have a solid enough backup quarterback. Although the skill sets are different, I see him as a T-Jack sort of guy. Some use on the team, but not the guy you want to be first string quarterback if you have a better choice.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:41 am 
* NET Philistine *

It's about this time when Michael Robinson should call Tebow up and tell him, "Dude, yeah, stop with the QB thing. You're a fullback. I know."

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:04 am 
NET Veteran

If Tebow was serious about being a QB in this league he'd quit adding muscle and work on his god awful throwing motion. Until he does that he'll never be a viable QB in this league, and any coach who is smart wouldn't want Tebow anywhere near his team if they have the potential for QB controversy. Tebow isn't the answer to anybodies QB problem.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:13 pm 
* Gangnameister *

I hate talking about this guy as he is the most over hyped person in the history of the planet, but I can't help but think he would be phenomenal as an H-back TE. He's got the ideal build and athleticism for it. I don't know if he can catch or not, but even if he was semi-consistent with his hands he'd be an asset. You could get real creative with a guy like that on the field.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:55 pm 
NET Veteran

Wow. The Jets made Mark Sanchez a worse QB, I can't imagine how bad Tebow is now.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:00 pm 
*The Prophet*

Tebow sells Jerseys, which makes plenty of ca$$ for the NFL Teams ...
They need to keep him around for a while, just for the $$$ and the ratings ... and the controversies.
They just need to find a team, with the cult following (somewhere in the South, preferably) to join his cult.
Jacksonville is one place.
Tennessee would be another one. (Jake Locker doesn't have it)
Not sure if the Bills and Buffalo can embrace him ...

CANHawk wrote:
I hate talking about this guy as he is the most over hyped person in the history of the planet, but I can't help but think he would be phenomenal as an H-back TE. He's got the ideal build and athleticism for it. I don't know if he can catch or not, but even if he was semi-consistent with his hands he'd be an asset. You could get real creative with a guy like that on the field.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:38 pm 
* Gangnameister *

joeseahawks wrote:
They need to keep him around for a while, just for the $$$ and the ratings ... and the controversies.
They just need to find a team, with the cult following (somewhere in the South, preferably) to join his cult.

CANHawk wrote:

Well, if that's the case it's really too bad. Dude is a great athleate and could potentially have a long and even productive career with a position change, but people really need to stop the Tebowmania side show and stop telling him he's a quarterback.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:09 pm 
NET Veteran

Tebow, pull your head out buddy. Sign with Seattle, and learn from Rob how to play your new spot. Tebow could easily be a 6'4 255lbs fullback with decent speed and make a good living for a 8-10 years. Or stay a QB and be out of the NFL in 1-2 years.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:58 am 
NET Veteran

Seahawk Sailor wrote:
I love a running back who can legitimately throw the ball, because it adds an extra layer of threat.

Well, that rules out Tebow.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:31 pm 
NET Veteran

CANHawk wrote:
joeseahawks wrote:

CANHawk wrote:

Well, if that's the case it's really too bad. Dude is a great athleate and could potentially have a long and even productive career with a position change, but people really need to stop the Tebowmania side show and stop telling him he's a quarterback.

I wonder if he had less love from fans he would have ever switched from QB to FB? Just the fans loved him so much, that he must be a "star" and stay at QB.

Fame backfires sometimes.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]