Stopping Gore

Aristotle22

Reaction score
I am hoping that there is an answer to those quick up the middle runs that Gore has hurt us with in the past. It seemed like we had the niners bottled up and then WHAM, Gore up the middle for big gains.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I dont think they can stop that, just limit it. Tackling at first contact. Which is way easier said then done.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
True, second level tackling has to be on point, putting a hat on him is sometimes not enough, wrap him up ...

I'm not too worried though, we have speed and we'll be hungry, bringing the wood baby !!!

MrCarey

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but we just can't stop Gore. Nobody can. He is a monster and we can only hope we hold him to about 150.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
150 !?!?!

We held (him) to 131 in SF and I think we're a better team now, IMO

I dunno, I can see him cracking 100 but I don't see 150 ...

MrCarey

Reaction score
150 is being nice. Maybe 300. Kaepernick is going to throw for 300 and 5 TDs, as well.

Russell Wilson is going to play HORRIBLE and my jersey purchase is going to be a regret. Probably going to sell my season tickets because we are going to be a laughing stock.

Gonna play so bad and not win anymore games.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
SEC FAN":mvc5arcq said:
Where is Levon Kirkland when you need him!

Wow !!! Haven't heard that name for a while, ...

LB who was 6-1 and anywhere from 270 -295 !!!

That's a whole lot of man right there :shock:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkHouse":16b9i3wz said:
150 !?!?!

We held (him) to 131 in SF and I think we're a better team now, IMO

I dunno, I can see him cracking 100 but I don't see 150 ...

He's only cracked 100 yards 3 times this season. He can be contained. Especially when we're up 28 by the end of the 1st quarter again. (i dont really expect that to happen, but it would be amazing!)

Largent80

Reaction score
They pulled the trap trick on us the last game. So, we trap the trapper and Gore ain't getting much.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm honestly not worried about Gore. I'm worried about whoever's running the rock behind that line. We need to find a way to contain their run blocking. Their run blocking is ranked #1 in the league, per Football Outsiders. :(

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3s6kcx8d said:
hawks4thewin":3s6kcx8d said:
I just want our 3rd fiddy burger
Ain't going to happen, but man that would be awesome!

Most likely not. I give us a 3-5% chance of accomplishing it. If we do get it, though...Man. Look out, NFC; we're steamrolling you to the Super Bowl.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The Seahawks will stop Gore by jumping out to a large lead and making the niners have to pass the ball to try to come from behind.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Theyre going to run the ball well, you can't do much about that. I think the important thing is to be able to stop it with your front & base D and not have to commit an extra guy to it. If we have to go down that road, I think we are SOL. Kap moves outside too well and they have too many weapons downfield to compromise your pass D to stop the run. I know this rings true in any game, but this is the first game in a LONG time where it's a real concern for our D.

hawker84

Reaction score
i'm concerned about their recieving weapons.. how we going to contain, Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, Walker, and the one that scares me the most V. Davis.. with a depleted secondary...