Stopping Gore

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Stopping Gore
Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:59 pm
  • I am hoping that there is an answer to those quick up the middle runs that Gore has hurt us with in the past. It seemed like we had the niners bottled up and then WHAM, Gore up the middle for big gains.
    Aristotle22
    NET Starter

Re: Stopping Gore
Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:01 pm
  • I dont think they can stop that, just limit it. Tackling at first contact. Which is way easier said then done.
    Shadyhawk182
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:05 pm
  • True, second level tackling has to be on point, putting a hat on him is sometimes not enough, wrap him up ...

I'm not too worried though, we have speed and we'll be hungry, bringing the wood baby !!!
    I reject your reality and substitute my own
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:09 pm
  • I'm sorry, but we just can't stop Gore. Nobody can. He is a monster and we can only hope we hold him to about 150.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:15 pm
  • 150 !?!?!

We held (him) to 131 in SF and I think we're a better team now, IMO

I dunno, I can see him cracking 100 but I don't see 150 ...
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:19 pm
  • Where is Levon Kirkland when you need him!
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:22 pm
  • 150 is being nice. Maybe 300. Kaepernick is going to throw for 300 and 5 TDs, as well.

Russell Wilson is going to play HORRIBLE and my jersey purchase is going to be a regret. Probably going to sell my season tickets because we are going to be a laughing stock.

Gonna play so bad and not win anymore games.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:24 pm
  • SEC FAN wrote:Where is Levon Kirkland when you need him!

Wow !!! Haven't heard that name for a while, ...

LB who was 6-1 and anywhere from 270 -295 !!!

That's a whole lot of man right there :shock:
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:25 pm
  • we are a good run defense when we play assignment correct. Lately we have been playing assignment correct. Have faith in our run D folks.......
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:28 pm
  • HawkHouse wrote:150 !?!?!

We held (him) to 131 in SF and I think we're a better team now, IMO

I dunno, I can see him cracking 100 but I don't see 150 ...

He's only cracked 100 yards 3 times this season. He can be contained. Especially when we're up 28 by the end of the 1st quarter again. (i dont really expect that to happen, but it would be amazing!)
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:32 pm
  • I just want our 3rd fiddy burger
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:42 pm
  • They pulled the trap trick on us the last game. So, we trap the trapper and Gore ain't getting much.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:44 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:They pulled the trap trick on us the last game. So, we trap the trapper and Gore ain't getting much.

yeah only 3 days prep will do that to you.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:51 pm
  • I'm honestly not worried about Gore. I'm worried about whoever's running the rock behind that line. We need to find a way to contain their run blocking. Their run blocking is ranked #1 in the league, per Football Outsiders. :(
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:00 pm
  • i'm more worried of lmj. he's just starting to get playing time and he's a big play waiting to happen.
    GeorgeKush
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:30 pm
  • hawks4thewin wrote:I just want our 3rd fiddy burger

Ain't going to happen, but man that would be awesome!
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:33 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:
    hawks4thewin wrote:I just want our 3rd fiddy burger

Ain't going to happen, but man that would be awesome!

Most likely not. I give us a 3-5% chance of accomplishing it. If we do get it, though...Man. Look out, NFC; we're steamrolling you to the Super Bowl.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:38 pm
  • The Seahawks will stop Gore by jumping out to a large lead and making the niners have to pass the ball to try to come from behind.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:08 am
  • Theyre going to run the ball well, you can't do much about that. I think the important thing is to be able to stop it with your front & base D and not have to commit an extra guy to it. If we have to go down that road, I think we are SOL. Kap moves outside too well and they have too many weapons downfield to compromise your pass D to stop the run. I know this rings true in any game, but this is the first game in a LONG time where it's a real concern for our D.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:12 am
  • i'm concerned about their recieving weapons.. how we going to contain, Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, Walker, and the one that scares me the most V. Davis.. with a depleted secondary...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:18 am
  • Stopping Gore will be key to winning I believe. I think we can handle there WR's. But if Gore gets holes to run in then we should really worry about the play action. That will kill us. It's going to be a battle. I think we are up for the challenge!
    aredub
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:30 am
  • Aristotle22 wrote:I am hoping that there is an answer to those quick up the middle runs that Gore has hurt us with in the past. It seemed like we had the niners bottled up and then WHAM, Gore up the middle for big gains.

There are those on this board that often discount explanations of the coaching staff as "coach speech". However, the coaching solution that has been given for those occasions where they have been gashed up the middle is ...... "gap discipline".
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:21 am
  • Jville wrote:
    Aristotle22 wrote:I am hoping that there is an answer to those quick up the middle runs that Gore has hurt us with in the past. It seemed like we had the niners bottled up and then WHAM, Gore up the middle for big gains.

There are those on this board that often discount explanations of the coaching staff as "coach speech". However, the coaching solution that has been given for those occasions where they have been gashed up the middle is ...... "gap discipline".

Watching the game, I believe this to be partially true because Bobby got caught several times on the wrong side of the center/Mebane. That said, our big D linemen were getting pushed around quite a bit, so even if Bobby didn't get trapped in the wrong gap, he is going to have to make difficult solo tackles against Gore. I hope that playing on our field (and not that muddy field in SF), our DL will look a lot better and force SF into smaller, more easily plugged gaps. I know I always hated playing on mud, and it certainly doesn't do our very quick D any favors. Anyway, telling myself this helps me sleep better at night until I think of playing these guys in SF in the playoffs (or any of the other natural turf fields for that matter - it seems like it causes our D to play poorly).

Fieldgulls just posted an article on this topic: http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/12/19/37 ... discipline
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:41 am
  • sam1313 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Aristotle22 wrote:I am hoping that there is an answer to those quick up the middle runs that Gore has hurt us with in the past. It seemed like we had the niners bottled up and then WHAM, Gore up the middle for big gains.

Watching the game, I believe this to be partially true because Bobby got caught several times on the wrong side of the center/Mebane. That said, our big D linemen were getting pushed around quite a bit, so even if Bobby didn't get trapped in the wrong gap, he is going to have to make difficult solo tackles against Gore. I hope that playing on our field (and not that muddy field in SF), our DL will look a lot better and force SF into smaller, more easily plugged gaps. I know I always hated playing on mud, and it certainly doesn't do our very quick D any favors. Anyway, telling myself this helps me sleep better at night until I think of playing these guys in SF in the playoffs (or any of the other natural turf fields for that matter - it seems like it causes our D to play poorly).

Fieldgulls just posted an article on this topic: http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/12/19/37 ... discipline

You know it's legit when it's by the Derek Stephens :mrgreen:

But great article! Made me feel quite a lot better about our run D.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:02 am
  • Nice find. Timely article. :th2thumbs: http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/12/19/37 ... discipline
    sam1313 wrote:
    Jville wrote:

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information