9ers fans

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I've always loved opponent team fans coming here as long as they were intelligent and respectful. Even good-natured smack talk was welcome. Trolls will always be zero tolerance here as they should be. I enjoy the take of those who are diehard fans of our opponents. It's so easy to get caught up in our own little world of diehard-itis, I love the insight from others on their team and how we are perceived outside of Seahawks Nation.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Maybe it's because we're the only two relevant teams in the division the last few years ? You always check up on your rival.

I've said it in other threads, but most of the Niners fans here don't bother me, and I enjoy talking football. I follow other teams as well (not really root for them as much as follow), and I just enjoy football in general. The game is much more fun when there are a bunch of outside factors (kinda like the Niners getting better....it's more fun than just steamrolling everyone like we did in the mid 2000's), instead of "OMG, them Hawks RAWK. We're the best ever. We smash all." all the time. (No, no, I'm not saying that's what this board is, just the exaggerated opposite end of the spectrum).

As for not posting, here's my thing: I know no team is perfect, and I'm probably more critical of my team than most Niners fans are in some ways. Since I know they're not perfect, I don't get butt hurt if a Niners fan comes on here and dares to mention that anything about their team could be better than ours. And hell yes, I've seen it, and it's ridiculous. I've seen some fans get pissed for another team's fan writing something that a Seahawk fan has written, and the Hawks fan jumps all over them.

To other fans: Talk football. Be critical, tout your team, try not to be overly homeristic and troll, and I'm fine with you. You can debate me, correct me, disagree with me, it's all good. I appreciate other viewpoints.

RUN CMC

Reaction score
Shaz":2ly6l1p1 said:
This has to be the dumbest thread in here at the moment

We're Rivals, it happens

My Lawdy.....................

And THAT'S what it's all about. Well put. With both of the teams peaking, this is bound to be one hell of a game.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
This week so far has been unbearable to come to this forum. I know there's a lot of good, knowledgeable Niners fans, like Box, but holy hell where'd all the d-bags come from? You're not going to get anything rational from an irrational fanatic. Yall can suck off your respective teams until your jaws lock, but I for one, thinks it's retarded. If you're not bringing anything to the table besides "5 rings!", "Harbaugh owns Pete", "Pete's a cheat", etc. then move the f on!

HawkHouse

Reaction score
I always try and represent with class when talking to other fans and I'm more inclined to engage others who do the same.

Echoing the recurring theme, intelligence is key ... albeit rare, it still is a per-requisite, lol

This game should be epic ...

Sprfunk

Reaction score
I like when fans come here from other teams. Just be respectful.

I went to the Raiders forum to respectfully give them my view of Curry after the trade (they probably see it my way now). 50% of the fans were dirt bags.

We are classier than that.

MrCarey

Reaction score
I welcome them. It means we have a legitimate rivalry. You don't see Rams or Cards fans here. You see Niners fans, because they respect that our team isn't shitty. They actually do look forward to our games, because they will always mean something for years to come.

Accept that they are going to be here. They don't make terrible posts (usually), and they bring new content to the boards.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
are there Rams and Cards fans?

I think it's cool to get other teams fans on here. Most of the 9ers fans that get on here are cool (same goes for fans of other teams I've seen come across). Always good when opposing fans can bring us back down to earth and vice versa. Good to have different perspectives.

Also this is the best fan forum of ALL TIME, so I see it as a good thing.

BayAreafbfan

Reaction score
Well I've stepped over the edge once early in the season and I was given a four week ban..So at least here they have parole before getting the electric chair on a first conviction...LOL!!

As for why I post here is to engage with folks on their take of the upcoming game as well as NFL discussions in general. It can be constructive to have a debate on a rivals forum providing both arguments have some merit. I find posts with no substance to be dreadful such as "We Are Going To Smoke Them On Sunday" and thats it. Perhaps follow that quote up with a break down of the match up or something.

The 49erswebzone threads are too full of "One Liners". A bunch of kids posting up cheap shots with no substance. The moderaters there need to clean that site up a bit and create a kids only section.

hawker84

Reaction score
here here, well put.. i will go to other sites, but will only engage on the niners board because, of the ridiculous attacks you get.. i find it amusing to challenge the fools , and ask them for explanations or proof of their attacks.. just to get another attack.. eventually they go away and you can have meaninful debates about the upcoming game..

the last two week have been Boooooorrrring on the Cards and Bills boards.. quote.. our team sucks, cut the QB, fire the coach, oh by the way i think we have a game this sunday.. we're going to get killled..

so it's nice for a change to go on an apponent fan board that actually know's they have a game and they think they can win.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
I enjoy seeing their fans here, just like I enjoy when other teams fans come and bring some friendly banter. The more diversity in fandom the better if you ask me, it brings a bunch of new topics of discussion and sometimes limits the usual "fire (insert coach name here)" or "the end is nigh for the Seahawks" threads.

sam1313

Reaction score
49elite":4qfho0sy said:
I hate the Seahawks but I think this is the best message board in the league and I've been on a lot. The folks here are generally on point. I really like the layout of this board and if I was a hawks fan, I'd def donate some cash here

What a cool post. Thanks for compliments on this board 49elite. I feel the same way.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Don't worry. They only post here when they win. So look forward to a break from them after thier next loss which hopefully will be this Sunday.

Tundra

Reaction score
Largent80":i6gpipm9 said:
It's because were cool and everyone wants to be around us. :pimp:

That and they secretly enjoy seeing a dog shit on their logo.
Now that is funny right there, I don't care who you are!

ScarScream

Reaction score
Shaz":eal33p2q said:
This has to be the dumbest thread in here at the moment

We're Rivals, it happens

My Lawdy.....................

Come on Shaz, come back to the Redzone! It's so much more fun! ;)

The Radish

Reaction score
Being a moderator gives you a different slant on things. I've never understood anyone's passion to go to another teams site and trash talk. I think its beyond stupid, the kind of stuff people not old enough to be in kindergarten do. Yes, I'm including some of our own people.

Sadly we see that a lot with the "newer" posters. The older groups know each other pretty much and are friends. The new people could care less about family, & team loyalty. They want to say what they want, when they want, and want no consequences.

I get really pissed at our own member bashing a fan from another team who is just here to talk football. Box & several others have been around here a long time and are accepted.

A good example is probably this sites favorite "other team" member, that would be Guido. He's been posting here since 05 I think and we are all glad to see him. He talks football, so do we. We felt bad for what happened with his team and coaches during the bountygate & he knew he could talk to us about it without getting bashed.

What better way to find out about another team than from their fans?

:les:

Sac

Reaction score
@Radish, so did you not approve of me trolling Niner camp when I went over the summer?

Latest posts