9ers fans

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
9ers fans
Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:05 pm
  • I'm just curious, not to start any fighting, but why do 49ers fans come on our board and post messages? Can someone please explain this? Lol
    tifferradish
    NET Rookie

Re: 9ers fans
Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:08 pm
  • I went on their board to talk smack leading up to the game, I called them " whiners" they got all butt hurt and banned me. So they're not the only ones hah.
    Shadyhawk182
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:13 pm
  • Probably for the same reasons you post here. Because we have fingers and we're interested in your team.

Why do you guys create so many 49ers threads? Probably the same reason I bet.
    Disp
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:17 pm
  • Well I've just noticed quite a few 9ers fans posting on here, wasn't entirely sure why, I wouldn't go over to a 9ers board and start posting.
    tifferradish
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:18 pm
  • I would. It's fun to post on opponents' boards, particularly if it's a team you're interested in year in and year out. I love the resident out-of-towners and hope they feel free to be a part of our community, as long as they're constructive and intelligent.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• The same reason as me... They cant get enough of our future hall of famer QB
    TalonHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• It's funner than repeating the same crap over and over with your fellow fans.
    BayArea
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:19 pm
  • I did cause i cant stand the niners, no offense Disp.
    But i wanted to talk smack to them so on Sunday, after the hawks win it would be that much sweeter. Just for fun trash talk type of deal.
    Shadyhawk182
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:21 pm
  • is there a rule stating fans from other teams are not allowed here? ban the trolls, but if someone wants to actually discuss football it will be healthy for this board.
    GeorgeKush
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:29 pm
  • This has to be the dumbest thread in here at the moment

We're Rivals, it happens

My Lawdy.....................
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:29 pm
  • Fans from other teams post here all the time. There's no rule. In fact, we have fans from other teams that have been regular posters for like 6 or 7 years here and still come to this site because lots of the guys here know football, and many other teams sites are pretty weak. They just don't get much traffic, or it's a free-for-all where they don't actually talk about the sport. They just post gross GIFs and that sort of thing.

We've got fans from the Bears and Redskins that have been pretty loyal .Netters. I think there were some Steelers fans that came here for the Superbowl and posted regularly for a few years after that game and were liked by almost everybody.

That's why it's a shame that we've had certain teams (I won't name them) that seem to have the most uneducated and misinformed fans on earth. The board is a good place, and they could learn a lot and discuss matchups and the like and be treated like one of the gang, but they come here and talk crap and act like a five year old, get banned, and then go to their board and claim the mods here are "Nazis" which is just ridiculous. They are just starting stuff to start stuff and it's pretty pathetic. This board is a good place, and I've been on lots of boards and put in lots of posts in my day. This is a great board. Other fans should be so lucky, and fans of other teams are more than welcome to post as long as they don't try to push people's buttons. That's not allowed of Seahawks fans towards each other, why would it be allowed for a fan of an opposing team coming here? It's just wrong.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:31 pm
  • As a Niner fan I lurk here mostly to get a feel for how Hawks fans feel about the team in general. I don't get involved in some debates with Hawks fans here like some of the other Niners fans simply because this is YOUR place and I am just a guest here. To argue with a perceived homer fan on that fans forums is just about as retarded as it gets in my opinion. These forums are made for fans to be homers. So why would that bother me. Some of the Niners fans here just make me shake my head with some of the things they post in response to "homers".
    frase32
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:42 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:as long as they're constructive and intelligent.

This rules out 99% of niner fans right there.
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:46 pm
  • the main niners message board (49erswebzone.com) is censored too much. They take down your post if it criticizes Jim Harbaugh or some of the star players. This is what happened to me and I am a Niners fan.

The other main Niners message board (which is sponsored by the 49ers, but I forget the URL) is even worse. They wont even let you become a member. I applied for membership as a Niner fan and they kicked me out 2 days later for no reason even though I hadnt even posted anything. I got an email from the moderator saying I wasnt qualified. I have no idea why.
    Last edited by Carhanu21 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Carhanu21
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:49 pm
  • I hate the Seahawks but I think this is the best message board in the league and I've been on a lot. The folks here are generally on point. I really like the layout of this board and if I was a hawks fan, I'd def donate some cash here
    49elite
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:58 pm
  • I like most of the Niner fans, but a few of you...
    Same goes for you hawk fans.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:01 pm
  • It's because were cool and everyone wants to be around us. :pimp:

That and they secretly enjoy seeing a dog shit on their logo.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:02 pm
  • frase32 wrote:As a Niner fan I lurk here mostly to get a feel for how Hawks fans feel about the team in general. I don't get involved in some debates with Hawks fans here like some of the other Niners fans simply because this is YOUR place and I am just a guest here. To argue with a perceived homer fan on that fans forums is just about as retarded as it gets in my opinion. These forums are made for fans to be homers. So why would that bother me. Some of the Niners fans here just make me shake my head with some of the things they post in response to "homers".

:th2thumbs:

I like you already.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:03 pm
  • I love everybody. <3
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:06 pm
  • Where the cards and rams fans at?
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:08 pm
  • I've always loved opponent team fans coming here as long as they were intelligent and respectful. Even good-natured smack talk was welcome. Trolls will always be zero tolerance here as they should be. I enjoy the take of those who are diehard fans of our opponents. It's so easy to get caught up in our own little world of diehard-itis, I love the insight from others on their team and how we are perceived outside of Seahawks Nation.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:14 pm
  • Maybe it's because we're the only two relevant teams in the division the last few years ? You always check up on your rival.

I've said it in other threads, but most of the Niners fans here don't bother me, and I enjoy talking football. I follow other teams as well (not really root for them as much as follow), and I just enjoy football in general. The game is much more fun when there are a bunch of outside factors (kinda like the Niners getting better....it's more fun than just steamrolling everyone like we did in the mid 2000's), instead of "OMG, them Hawks RAWK. We're the best ever. We smash all." all the time. (No, no, I'm not saying that's what this board is, just the exaggerated opposite end of the spectrum).

As for not posting, here's my thing: I know no team is perfect, and I'm probably more critical of my team than most Niners fans are in some ways. Since I know they're not perfect, I don't get butt hurt if a Niners fan comes on here and dares to mention that anything about their team could be better than ours. And hell yes, I've seen it, and it's ridiculous. I've seen some fans get pissed for another team's fan writing something that a Seahawk fan has written, and the Hawks fan jumps all over them.

To other fans: Talk football. Be critical, tout your team, try not to be overly homeristic and troll, and I'm fine with you. You can debate me, correct me, disagree with me, it's all good. I appreciate other viewpoints.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:07 pm
  • If I was a 49er fan I'd wanna learn how to be a seahawk fan as well.
    Minne
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:11 pm
  • They are here because we are relevant.
    end/story.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:15 pm
  • Shaz wrote:This has to be the dumbest thread in here at the moment

We're Rivals, it happens

And THAT'S what it's all about. Well put. With both of the teams peaking, this is bound to be one hell of a game.
    Who's got it better than us?!? NOOOOBODY!!!!!

21Sanders&Moss84
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:17 pm
  • This week so far has been unbearable to come to this forum. I know there's a lot of good, knowledgeable Niners fans, like Box, but holy hell where'd all the d-bags come from? You're not going to get anything rational from an irrational fanatic. Yall can suck off your respective teams until your jaws lock, but I for one, thinks it's retarded. If you're not bringing anything to the table besides "5 rings!", "Harbaugh owns Pete", "Pete's a cheat", etc. then move the f on!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:23 pm
  • Pstark3 wrote:Where the cards and rams fans at?

Good one
    Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore -peachesenregalia, jan 5, 2013
    seahawksfanatic000
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:53 pm
  • I always try and represent with class when talking to other fans and I'm more inclined to engage others who do the same.

Echoing the recurring theme, intelligence is key ... albeit rare, it still is a per-requisite, lol

This game should be epic ...
    I reject your reality and substitute my own
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:33 pm
  • I like when fans come here from other teams. Just be respectful.

I went to the Raiders forum to respectfully give them my view of Curry after the trade (they probably see it my way now). 50% of the fans were dirt bags.

We are classier than that.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:40 pm
  • I welcome them. It means we have a legitimate rivalry. You don't see Rams or Cards fans here. You see Niners fans, because they respect that our team isn't shitty. They actually do look forward to our games, because they will always mean something for years to come.

Accept that they are going to be here. They don't make terrible posts (usually), and they bring new content to the boards.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:48 pm
  • are there Rams and Cards fans?

I think it's cool to get other teams fans on here. Most of the 9ers fans that get on here are cool (same goes for fans of other teams I've seen come across). Always good when opposing fans can bring us back down to earth and vice versa. Good to have different perspectives.

Also this is the best fan forum of ALL TIME, so I see it as a good thing.
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:15 pm
  • Well I've stepped over the edge once early in the season and I was given a four week ban..So at least here they have parole before getting the electric chair on a first conviction...LOL!!

As for why I post here is to engage with folks on their take of the upcoming game as well as NFL discussions in general. It can be constructive to have a debate on a rivals forum providing both arguments have some merit. I find posts with no substance to be dreadful such as "We Are Going To Smoke Them On Sunday" and thats it. Perhaps follow that quote up with a break down of the match up or something.

The 49erswebzone threads are too full of "One Liners". A bunch of kids posting up cheap shots with no substance. The moderaters there need to clean that site up a bit and create a kids only section.
    BayAreafbfan
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:08 am
  • here here, well put.. i will go to other sites, but will only engage on the niners board because, of the ridiculous attacks you get.. i find it amusing to challenge the fools , and ask them for explanations or proof of their attacks.. just to get another attack.. eventually they go away and you can have meaninful debates about the upcoming game..

the last two week have been Boooooorrrring on the Cards and Bills boards.. quote.. our team sucks, cut the QB, fire the coach, oh by the way i think we have a game this sunday.. we're going to get killled..

so it's nice for a change to go on an apponent fan board that actually know's they have a game and they think they can win.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:22 am
  • I enjoy seeing their fans here, just like I enjoy when other teams fans come and bring some friendly banter. The more diversity in fandom the better if you ask me, it brings a bunch of new topics of discussion and sometimes limits the usual "fire (insert coach name here)" or "the end is nigh for the Seahawks" threads.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 am
  • 49elite wrote:I hate the Seahawks but I think this is the best message board in the league and I've been on a lot. The folks here are generally on point. I really like the layout of this board and if I was a hawks fan, I'd def donate some cash here

What a cool post. Thanks for compliments on this board 49elite. I feel the same way.
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:49 am
  • Don't worry. They only post here when they win. So look forward to a break from them after thier next loss which hopefully will be this Sunday.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:It's because were cool and everyone wants to be around us. :pimp:

That and they secretly enjoy seeing a dog shit on their logo.

Now that is funny right there, I don't care who you are!
    Doug Baldwin does nothing but Save QB's!
    TundraApe
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:39 pm
  • Shaz wrote:This has to be the dumbest thread in here at the moment

We're Rivals, it happens

Come on Shaz, come back to the Redzone! It's so much more fun! ;)
    ScarScream
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:04 pm
  • Being a moderator gives you a different slant on things. I've never understood anyone's passion to go to another teams site and trash talk. I think its beyond stupid, the kind of stuff people not old enough to be in kindergarten do. Yes, I'm including some of our own people.

Sadly we see that a lot with the "newer" posters. The older groups know each other pretty much and are friends. The new people could care less about family, & team loyalty. They want to say what they want, when they want, and want no consequences.

I get really pissed at our own member bashing a fan from another team who is just here to talk football. Box & several others have been around here a long time and are accepted.

A good example is probably this sites favorite "other team" member, that would be Guido. He's been posting here since 05 I think and we are all glad to see him. He talks football, so do we. We felt bad for what happened with his team and coaches during the bountygate & he knew he could talk to us about it without getting bashed.

What better way to find out about another team than from their fans?

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:16 pm
  • @Radish, so did you not approve of me trolling Niner camp when I went over the summer?
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:37 pm
  • Have you guys seen their thread about us over there?

There's a dude crying about how we banned their guy trolling. And he's keeps posting the link here like it's his job.
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:41 pm
  • Pstark3 wrote:Where the cards and rams fans at?

They're both at work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:49 pm
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    Pstark3 wrote:Where the cards and rams fans at?

They're both at work.

LMAO, that's gold right there !!!
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:03 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:@Radish, so did you not approve of me trolling Niner camp when I went over the summer?

Don't worry, sac; I did. Tremendously.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:05 pm
  • High five.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:05 pm
  • I just went to 49ers Webzone and some of the the hate is unreal, some of them saying they want to punch Russell Wilson's wife in the throat !?!?!

Some of them are saying that's a little over the line but most seem to be jumping in and loving it ...

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... ad/page42/

Wow ...
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:12 pm
  • What's with Niners fans and violence? Overcompensation for their city's reputation?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:32 pm
  • All fans message boards have its fair share of idiots and trolls. I ignore all jabs directed to my niners, But I will talk football when it is educated. I do not get involved with the schoolyard name calling like both boards have on it time from time. There are good people that heve respect for others. Its sad to see someone get off on the name calling its childish. Talking about punching someones wife in the throat is irrational and immature. So off my soapbox sorry. Here is to a great game with no injuries. Both teams are great and it will not be a easy game for either. good luck and hopefully we will see each other in the playoffs

Go Niners.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:38 pm
  • rlkats wrote:All fans message boards have its fair share of idiots and trolls. I ignore all jabs directed to my niners, But I will talk football when it is educated. I do not get involved with the schoolyard name calling like both boards have on it time from time. There are good people that heve respect for others. Its sad to see someone get off on the name calling its childish. Talking about punching someones wife in the throat is irrational and immature. So off my soapbox sorry. Here is to a great game with no injuries. Both teams are great and it will not be a easy game for either. good luck and hopefully we will see each other in the playoffs

Go Niners

The bolded part is the only part I disagree with! :lol:

Thanks for being classy man :th2thumbs: I'm hoping it's a great game too.

Go hawks! :)
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:20 pm
  • rlkats wrote:All fans message boards have its fair share of idiots and trolls. I ignore all jabs directed to my niners, But I will talk football when it is educated. I do not get involved with the schoolyard name calling like both boards have on it time from time. There are good people that heve respect for others. Its sad to see someone get off on the name calling its childish. Talking about punching someones wife in the throat is irrational and immature. So off my soapbox sorry. Here is to a great game with no injuries. Both teams are great and it will not be a easy game for either. good luck and hopefully we will see each other in the playoffs

Go Niners.

Speaking of which, I did not know that our run defense has slipped a bit, I was telling someone that Gore might get 100 but now I don't know .... come to find out that we have a tenancy to give that up that lately ... guess I was blinded by the "W" 's we were collecting
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Next

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information