Browner question

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Even tho he's serving his 4 game suspension, does that keep him from practicing with the players at the VMAC?

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
On the latest Real Rob Report a bunch of the players are giving BB a few shout outs, since he cant be there.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I've always thought it was the wrong thing to keep the players away from the facility during a suspension. If, for instance a player is suspended for illegal drug use (i.e. Meth), then doesn't it seem better to keep him around the team where he's getting support and not going out partying and getting in more trouble? Anyway, my 2 cents.

mikeak

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":z4m13gor said:
I've always thought it was the wrong thing to keep the players away from the facility during a suspension. If, for instance a player is suspended for illegal drug use (i.e. Meth), then doesn't it seem better to keep him around the team where he's getting support and not going out partying and getting in more trouble? Anyway, my 2 cents.

I would agree when it comes to drug use such as that or alcohol (see current Dallas situation) but this is a PED - it is cheating he was deemed guilty of it and doesn't belong on the team for the lenght of the suspension

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
BB is going to come back all rusty. This sucks.

drdiags

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":23ewplwi said:

This is my thought as well. Yes, if the team makes the playoffs they get him back, but after being off for a month what will his conditioning be like? He probably pulls a hammy just like Thurmond, who had 4 weeks after coming off PUP before playing. Guess those young pups Maxwell and Lane will have to step up.

kidhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1zikssay said:
ProckHawks":1zikssay said:
Bummer, I was hopeing that he'd be there giving advice to his temporary replacement.

I'm not too concerned about this. Honestly I have no idea what type of "coach" he'd make. I do think though, the coaches we have can handle the role of advice givers :)

Seahwkgal":1zikssay said:

This comes down to his own personal work ethic. I am hoping he works hard during his suspension time and comes back ready to go, but if this isn't the case, the league generally allows for roster exemptions if a team doesn't feel a player is ready to activate right away when the suspension is over. Similar to how it works when they come off the PUP list. So if he's not ready, Pete doesn't have to make room for him to come back right away.

Galen96

Reaction score
BB has worked his tail off to get where he is, you think he's lounging on the couch for a month? come on...

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I am still mad at both Browner and Sherman for even messing with a known PED, although Sherman's case is not completely known. BB owned up. This really sucks and the timing is bad.

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Galen96":2ywltv2u said:
BB has worked his tail off to get where he is, you think he's lounging on the couch for a month? come on...
I asked about his suspension as maybe having an effect on the team for not having him in there playing, or giving advice.
I never expected that he would see this time off as a chance to kick back, on the contrary, I would think he'd want to work even harder to reclaim his place on the team, because he wouldn't want to give any impression letting up, or that he's not the warrior that Pete and John hired for the job.