Votes: 63 25.7%
  • I kinda dislike them.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • I'm undecided.

Votes: 15 6.1%

• Total voters

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I love the gray pants - kind of a nod to our silver days. The gray top would work much better with the blue pants, imo.

I'm not as passionate one way or the other about them as I thought I'd be when I first saw them, though. I like them, but I still like our standard unis better. The all-white look is sharp as hell - really crisp and clean.

Reaction score
Don't care for the all greys. Just looks like a bad laundry day.

I DO like in order:

Home:
--Blue top, grey pants
--All blues

Away:
--White top, blue pants
--All white
--White top, grey pants

Aros, what alternative uni idea do you have? For me, utilizing the action green as a primary is not an option LOL

Superman509

Reaction score
Love my wolf grey Thomas jersey. Wear it every game day while the rest of the fam rocks the blue home jerseys.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The grey is just OK for me. I'd like em better without the neon green outlining of the numbers. Just doesn't work all that well.

rigelian

Reaction score
I think the all grey uniforms did not work against the very dull green color of the turf in Toronto. They blended into the background a bit too much. Maybe on a different field that was more green than grey.

Frankly the best road combination I've seen is the white jersey with the blue pants. They used that combo in the Denver preseason game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
rigelian":2edo00fq said:
I think the all grey uniforms did not work against the very dull green color of the turf in Toronto. They blended into the background a bit too much. Maybe on a different field that was more green than grey.

Frankly the best road combination I've seen is the white jersey with the blue pants. They used that combo in the Denver preseason game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Agreed...and edited my post to reflect that. Thanks for reminding me of that combo.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I've been pretty consistent in saying this, I don't dislike any of the colors, it's the combinations that I don't like. By that, I mean the single color pant/jersey combos. I Like any of the mixed combos together, just not the monotones. They just don't work for me.

As for the green shoes, I don't think they make the grey or any other uniform look bad, but the green shoes themselves do look bad no matter what they are worn with.

Finally, I really don't care. As long as the players like what they are wearing, and have no issues with them, then I say let 'em wear whatever combo they can.

We are undefeated in the Wolf Gray, that's all I care about

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
madbohem":30sbv3pk said:
Wolf Gray is in Canton now... so that works for me

Yep, this pretty much settles it. I've always loved the Wolf Grey as compared to the whites, and now there's no argument. :3:

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
I told my wife, for an indoor game in the month of December, they didn't work for me. Maybe in another environment (rain? snow? night game?) they would look sweet, but I was unimpressed. I love the blue top, white bottom combo.

schkoot

Reaction score
The fact that they were indoors sort of made the grey look weird. I see that in a lot of domes.

I remember how much different the Old Royal Blue looked at the Kingdome in person compared to on TV.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ao6o6fu said:
I've been pretty consistent in saying this, I don't dislike any of the colors, it's the combinations that I don't like. By that, I mean the single color pant/jersey combos. I Like any of the mixed combos together, just not the monotones. They just don't work for me.

As for the green shoes, I don't think they make the grey or any other uniform look bad, but the green shoes themselves do look bad no matter what they are worn with.

Finally, I really don't care. As long as the players like what they are wearing, and have no issues with them, then I say let 'em wear whatever combo they can.

We are undefeated in the Wolf Gray, that's all I care about

You and I are on the same page. The monochrome thing is what I don't care for. I also agree with others who say that playing in a dome with a dull background didn't help. The Toronto Stadium had a feel like a Tacoma Stars indoor soccer game from the 80's. The arena just didn't have a feel of a real NFL stadium.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the all grey's. I agree with some here that the grey jersey itself looks pretty awesome, however too much of that grey makes me feel like I'm watching Bastion Booger. Old wrestling fans will know who I'm talking about. And just because I hate you guys...

Bastion Booger   Michael Shaw 03 display image

I would prefer something like this, a darker gray like Aros says. Although I am biased...

460x

Regardless, I haven't once looked at a Hawks game this year and gone "damn, those jerseys are hideous!" So I'm good!

aku

Reaction score
I've always thought that they could have gone slightly darker with the grey all around. In the logo it's so light that in the wrong lighting it just looks white. I don't think I'd go all the way to #55, but a shade or two darker would have been ideal IMO.

Putting the grey jersey over grey pants didn't help, either. I've seen some photos of the grey jersey next to the white and blue jerseys, and using either of those colors next to it make it pop out a lot more as being "true" grey. That being said, I still really like them. I'm sure now that grey over blue will be my favorite color scheme. Hopefully they pull it out next year.

Oh, here, I found one of the pictures:

ZRV8e

The lighting's not great but I think you can see what I mean. Some contrast really brings it alive.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Grey on Blue would be perfect.

Not a big fan of Blue on White, Grey on White, or White on White.

Love our Blue on Blue home

and White on Blue away

Grey is awesome too and I love my grey #12 but I fell prouder rocking the home blue down here in Texas, it just pops with the contrast of green and blue

olyfan63

Reaction score
On TV they just look like white jerseys that are dirty. Especially non-HD TV. I was in a bar in Cleveland, Ohio watching the game (My daughter had her university graduation from Cleveland State U earlier that day) and they just looked dirty, especially in the lighting conditions in the Toronto stadium.

uncle fester

Reaction score
The grey look is a pants-left-in-wash kind of colour.

But I've decided I don't care anymore, as long as they're winning.

Latest posts