Update: McGrath move; Evan Moore released

mikeak

Reaction score
iigakusei":3j02bdzp said:
Moore was good in Cleveland....dont know what happened to him here...but wasnt bringing anythign to the table.

Typically teams don't release players that are doing good. On the other hand that Cleveland offense is lightning up all other NFL teams so maybe they are just so stacked on offense that they had to cut good players.....

No?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Let this be a lesson, when Cleveland releases someone. It's game over.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Maybe he never wanted to play in Seattle and just wanted a quick pay check? So he stunk it up on purpose?

I literally can't remember the guy catching a SINGLE pass. Sure I missed a couple, but WOW.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's official.

Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks
TE Evan Moore has been released & TE Sean McGrath has been signed from the practice squad to fill the 53-man roster.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Too bad it didn't work out we could use more size at receivers. The guy plays a bit soft for his size tho. Goes to show you size without determination doesn't cut it.

iigakusei

Reaction score
mikeak":zss1h98d said:
iigakusei":zss1h98d said:
Moore was good in Cleveland....dont know what happened to him here...but wasnt bringing anythign to the table.

Typically teams don't release players that are doing good. On the other hand that Cleveland offense is lightning up all other NFL teams so maybe they are just so stacked on offense that they had to cut good players.....

No?
Actually teams release good players all the time or trade them for nothing..due to scheme, off-field stuff etc.
We got our best pass rusher as a throw in to a trade.

NYCoug

Reaction score
For a depth/3rd TE move, I really like this move!

I was a big fan of McGrath in the preseason and I'm happy he's finally getting a shot. I try not to be too hard on these guys, but Moore was all kinds of awful.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Well it was painfully clear that Moore was a total non-performer here, in fact his contributions to the team were net zero. He caught no pass thrown to him and one was that wide open play against the 49ers that might easily have resulted in a TD that could have made a difference in that game was of course dropped. Beyond his drops which were several he did take a few mindless penalties but got a positive play from being interfered with in the endzone that gained yardage on one play. The play after resulted in a short yardage Lynch TD. That play netted a positive yardage gain of 5 yards or something similar. Moore was a significant disappointment here.

He played well at Cleveland previously and got good yardage as a move type TE there, but did diddly here and finally wore out his welcome. McGrath at least has dependable hands and must have been outplaying Moore in practice. This move was long overdue.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1hat66wk said:
Should have never let Winslow go.

As evidenced by all the other teams that have lined up to sign him, incluing the Patriots who didn't play him and cut him after 2 weeks.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
jammerhawk":nl6nqon1 said:
Well it was painfully clear that Moore was a total non-performer here, in fact his contributions to the team were net zero. He caught no pass thrown to him and one was that wide open play against the 49ers that might easily have resulted in a TD that could have made a difference in that game was of course dropped. Beyond his drops which were several he did take a few mindless penalties but got a positive play from being interfered with in the endzone that gained yardage on one play. The play after resulted in a short yardage Lynch TD. That play netted a positive yardage gain of 5 yards or something similar. Moore was a significant disappointment here.

He played well at Cleveland previously and got good yardage as a move type TE there, but did diddly here and finally wore out his welcome. McGrath at least has dependable hands and must have been outplaying Moore in practice. This move was long overdue.

Well, let's not TOTALLY trash him. He did have one catch -- 3rd down conversion against Miami (for like 4-5 yds).

:p

Jville

Reaction score
So ... :hmmmm: ... I see 54 players listed on .com's active list and only 7 players listed on their practice squad.

Wonder who is coming off the active roster ........ Winston Guy perhaps?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Jville":33cu35tw said:
So ... :hmmmm: ... I see 54 players listed on .com's active list and only 7 players listed on their practice squad.

I heard they had some kind of roster exemption for Guy and don't have to get down below the roster limit until they activate him to play... or something like that.

Jville

Reaction score
CANHawk":1w880qy2 said:
Jville":1w880qy2 said:

I heard they had some kind of roster exemption for Guy and don't have to get down below the roster limit until they activate him to play... or something like that.
Really? ...... that would be one heck of a deal. They could keep him shut down without the risk of exposing him or someone else to waivers and pick up on Winston's development next year. That's an option they can live with!