Update: McGrath move; Evan Moore released

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Update:
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree
Pete Carroll said move to elevate TE Sean McGrath was due to need to get special teams contribution from that spot. "Good chance" to play.

Danny O'Neil ‏@dannyoneil
#Seahawks expected to release TE Evan Moore on Tuesday.

Move with Moore likely made to add TE John McGrath from practice squad. @Curtis_Crabtree first reported McGrath promotion.

Strike that. John McGrath is a Tacoma News Tribune columnist, SEAN McGrath is the #Seahawks TE.
[/quote]

Best news of the day so far?

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Thank goodness. Evan needs to wake-up and get himself out of mediocrity. Hope he has success elsewhere on another team.

I guess they didn't like Shiancoe???

iigakusei

Reaction score
Moore was good in Cleveland....dont know what happened to him here...but wasnt bringing anythign to the table.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
iigakusei":1yae8bmx said:
Moore was good in Cleveland....dont know what happened to him here...but wasnt bringing anythign to the table.
... or to the football field either.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":22zi3ybv said:

If this was week three, Shiancoe might be a better fit. But it's too late to integrate a new TE into our system.

Still makes me wonder how well Winslow would have done this season if he accepted the pay cut. I think he could have done some good things, bad knees and all.

JKent82

Reaction score
Well there goes my bold prediction for Evan Moore breaking out this week. Just like I predicted last week. And the week before.

But hell yeah Sean McGrath! He looked damn good in the preseason.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Not much of a loss. I always have hope for a player when we bring them in, but Moore hasn't shown us anything at anytime since he's been here. Luckily we've had our TE's staying fairly healthy this season, so as our third option it hasn't had a huge affect on us one way or the other. Hope this "next guy up" works out better.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Good riddance. The guy showed no fire and just doesn't seem to have any football smarts. He's got the size and athleticism but it takes a whole lot more than that to succeed in the NFL.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Moore gave us nothing. It's too bad because he has the tools. I wonder if Winslow would take the minimum to be part of a playoff team?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
God speed Evan. Had what we wanted in a receiving TE, just never seemed to show during games.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
Move with Moore likely made to add TE John McGrath from practice squad. @Curtis_Crabtree first reported McGrath promotion.

Haha, John McGrath! I've have met John before, a cool guy and I like his writing. But not exactly tight end material.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Maybe the stress got to him. I don't think he ever caught a ball. He is young and I suspect will get some calls for camp in '13

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1xbyd0xq said:
HunnyBadger":1xbyd0xq said:

If this was week three, Shiancoe might be a better fit. But it's too late to integrate a new TE into our system.

Still makes me wonder how well Winslow would have done this season if he accepted the pay cut. I think he could have done some good things, bad knees and all.

Shiancoe played 4-5 seasons in Bevell's offense in Minn.

cdallan

Reaction score
JKent82":2qyf87go said:
Well there goes my bold prediction for Evan Moore breaking out this week. Just like I predicted last week. And the week before.

But hell yeah Sean McGrath! He looked damn good in the preseason.

Don't worry, given the fact that you are named after Jordan Kent, I don't think any of us were relying upon your powers of prediction.

endzorn

Reaction score
I hope they bring back Portis. He made a great throw in the preseason one time.

aku

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":111cp30c said:
They might have just brought him in to make sure they have a plan C if something goes wrong with McGrath.

12evanf

Reaction score
My days of pretending to be a 6'6 TE for the Seahawks are over.

Latest posts