Who would you rather play? Kaepernick or Alex Smith?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote:Dropped passes are a part of the game. I couldn't watch the Niners - Seahawks game but I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners had dropped passes of their own.

Hopefully Carroll has a little respect for the Niners D as some of you seem to. But unfortunately he's not stupid.

But back to the point, the 49ers defense beat the Hawks. Not Alex Smith.

Funny that you are so comfortable speaking of something of which you know nothing about.

He isn't here for debate or discourse. So, talking out his ass about a nationally televised game he didn't watch is only natural. Eff him, it's the ignore list for him.

Yeah, I was attempting to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that that civility began to dissipate around post #10. Admitting that he was talking out of his ass was the straw that broke the camels back.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Funny that you are so comfortable speaking of something of which you know nothing about.

Wilson thew for 39%, 0 TD, and 1 INT. Right, it's not that the Niners D beat the Seahawks.
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad

• CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Yeah, I was attempting to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that that civility began to dissipate around post #10. Admitting that he was talking out of his ass was the straw that broke the camels back.

Whatever excuse you two lovebirds need. I show the same level of civility I'm shown.
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad

• USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:

Wilson thew for 39%, 0 TD, and 1 INT. Right, it's not that the Niners D beat the Seahawks.

For a game you didn't even watch you sure do like to talk out your a$$. Here is a nice write up on how the drops killed us.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/seahawks-d ... --nfl.html

Oh and if it weren't for those drops, Wilsons numbers would have looked much better obviously.
    Last edited by AF_Hawk on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

CurryStopstheRuns wrote:

Factor in the drops (which you want to excuse, because it sandbags your drool for the 49ers defense) and it would have been 69% completion and a TD factored in. Wilson is outstanding, but he can't catch the passes he throws. Bringing up his stats in that game reveals your ignorance.

And you are kidding yourself if you think the October Russell Wilson you faced the first time is the same Russell Wilson you will see this week, especially in our House.

You all better bring your A+ game. We'll be waiting.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• USArmyParatrooper wrote: Keapernick is a lot more illusive, t.

illusive we can deal with. Elusive is tougher for us.

Russell Wilson is pretty elusive so that should help us
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote: Keapernick is a lot more illusive, t.

illusive we can deal with. Elusive is tougher for us.

Russell Wilson is pretty elusive so that should help us

Adj. 1. illusive - based on or having the nature of an illusion; "illusive hopes of finding a better job"; "Secret activities offer presidents the alluring but often illusory promise that they can achieve foreign policy goals without the bothersome debate and open decision that are staples of democracy"
    illusory
    unreal - lacking in reality or substance or genuineness; not corresponding to acknowledged facts or criteria; "ghosts and other unreal entities"; "unreal propaganda serving as news"

Great catch, AK. Turns out the trooper was spot on. hehe.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• FlyingGreg wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:

Factor in the drops (which you want to excuse, because it sandbags your drool for the 49ers defense) and it would have been 69% completion and a TD factored in. Wilson is outstanding, but he can't catch the passes he throws. Bringing up his stats in that game reveals your ignorance.

And you are kidding yourself if you think the October Russell Wilson you faced the first time is the same Russell Wilson you will see this week, especially in our House.

You all better bring your A+ game. We'll be waiting.

Both sides played great defense and in a game that close both teams have should have could haves. The game by no means will be easy, but it's not so much "October Wilson" as it is "Cardinals and Bills" Wilson. I seem to remember out second string quarterback having record breaking games against both those teams.

I know Wilson is good, but the 49ers have beat quarterbacks who are almost as good. You know, guys like Rogers, Brady and Brees.
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad

• This time, at home, Kaepernick. Smith can win in Seattle. He has several times.

Beyond this game, I'd rather play Smith.
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• USArmyParatrooper wrote:I know Wilson is good, but the 49ers have beat quarterbacks who are almost as good. You know, guys like Rogers, Brady and Brees.

and the Seahawks have beat quarterbacks that are much better than Kap. You know guys like Rogers, Brady, Newton heck I even put Cutler in there
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote:I know Wilson is good, but the 49ers have beat quarterbacks who are almost as good. You know, guys like Rogers, Brady and Brees.

and the Seahawks have beat quarterbacks that are much better than Kap. You know guys like Rogers, Brady, Newton heck I even put Cutler in there

Um... you can scratch Rogers from that list.
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad

mikeak wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote:I know Wilson is good, but the 49ers have beat quarterbacks who are almost as good. You know, guys like Rogers, Brady and Brees.

Um... you can scratch Rogers from that list.

OK Mods, he's trolling now. Can we please?
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• USArmyParatrooper wrote:Um... you can scratch Rogers from that list.

Hey Junior, go watch that game again and see where, on the Packers' only TD drive of the game, on 3rd down, Kam Chancellor gets a 100% obviously bogus PI call against him that extends the drive, when the Packers should have punted. It led to their only TD. Fix officiating across the board in that game, and we win no matter what. Suck it.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Scottemojo wrote:
    OK Mods, he's trolling now. Can we please?

Pointing out the replacement refs blew the game winning call with no time left isn't trolling.
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad

• USArmyParatrooper wrote:Pointing out the replacement refs blew the game winning call with no time left isn't trolling.

Way to ignore my reply to you; and the way you replied with it is trolling.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote:Pointing out the replacement refs blew the game winning call with no time left isn't trolling.

Way to ignore my reply to you; and the way you replied with it is trolling.

I opined that I wouldn't include Rogers to the list. Because you don't like my opinion doesn't de facto make it "trolling."

There are lots of bad calls that keep scoring drives alive, it happens. However, with 11 and a half minutes left in the game, even if that call wasn't blown, it was still anyone's game. No doubt the Seahawks may have won, but so might he Packers.

With no time left on the clock, giving the Seahawks an unearned touchdown was literally and irrevocably game changing.
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad

CurryStopstheRuns wrote:

Whatever excuse you two lovebirds need. I show the same level of civility I'm shown.

You're in our house, in our main forum. You show us some respect or you can find somewhere else to post.

ALL the 9er fans showing up this week can consider that theyre warning.

edit: Now that I read the rest of the thread, he will have to find somewhere else to post
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• Good work Absolut. This guys sole intention was to troll. He was just able to conceal it for about 10 posts. That may be a record for withholding, but I am glad that he is gone. My ignore list is growing too large.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• I don't think Smith is a good QB.
    But the 49ers have an 8-3 record against us with him as a starter
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    AF_Hawk wrote:Being that we have little to no pass rush, having Kaep run towards us can only benefit us, no? J/k, but we do need to figure out how to get a pass rush against the Niners outstanding offensive line.

Wha?? Our offensive line is horrible. They played well against the Patriots, though.

You honestly think the 49ers have a horrible offensive line? Wow.

I think he is either confused or hasnt been paying attention for the 8 years before Harbaugh got to the niners and the actual horrible olines we had then...this line is very good!
    Ninerguy
    NET Starter

• Ninerguy wrote:
    I think he is either confused or hasnt been paying attention for the 8 years before Harbaugh got to the niners and the actual horrible olines we had then...this line is very good!

I am convinced that some of the pass rush issues were tied to some read slowness by Alex as much as anything. Like the Hawks, your O-line is drafted to run block first, pass block second, but they are hardly terrible at pass blocking, and I think we all know how good they are at run blocking.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Kaepernick or Alex Smith? I'd rather face Kaepernick for all the reasons already posted: he's inexperienced, he's never played in the Seahawks' house, he's fumble prone right now and he makes some bad choices and errant deep throws.

But I think we'll get a chance to compare them both Sunday night... I predict we'll see Alex Smith before the game is over.

[edit: My bad, Kaep is 2nd year, not a rookie]
    Rufus
    NET Rookie

Previous

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information