Who would you rather play? Kaepernick or Alex Smith?

OP
OP
USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper

Reaction score
mikeak":1qt6tll7 said:
USArmyParatrooper":1qt6tll7 said:
I know Wilson is good, but the 49ers have beat quarterbacks who are almost as good. You know, guys like Rogers, Brady and Brees.

and the Seahawks have beat quarterbacks that are much better than Kap. You know guys like Rogers, Brady, Newton heck I even put Cutler in there

Um... you can scratch Rogers from that list.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
USArmyParatrooper":3sw3pqm7 said:
mikeak":3sw3pqm7 said:
USArmyParatrooper":3sw3pqm7 said:
I know Wilson is good, but the 49ers have beat quarterbacks who are almost as good. You know, guys like Rogers, Brady and Brees.

and the Seahawks have beat quarterbacks that are much better than Kap. You know guys like Rogers, Brady, Newton heck I even put Cutler in there

banhammer.gif

OK Mods, he's trolling now. Can we please?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
USArmyParatrooper":3bhxm9go said:

Hey Junior, go watch that game again and see where, on the Packers' only TD drive of the game, on 3rd down, Kam Chancellor gets a 100% obviously bogus PI call against him that extends the drive, when the Packers should have punted. It led to their only TD. Fix officiating across the board in that game, and we win no matter what. Suck it.

OP
OP
USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2x32eyh0 said:

Pointing out the replacement refs blew the game winning call with no time left isn't trolling.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
USArmyParatrooper":15ow90yq said:
Pointing out the replacement refs blew the game winning call with no time left isn't trolling.

Way to ignore my reply to you; and the way you replied with it is trolling.

OP
OP
USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":3qiohoab said:
USArmyParatrooper":3qiohoab said:
Scottemojo":3qiohoab said:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.co...y-mob-golden-tates-touchdown-was-legit/17706/

I'll take the official statement by the NFL after officials reviewed the play, thank you.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -touchdown

While the ball is in the air, Tate can be seen shoving Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields to the ground. This should have been a penalty for offensive pass interference, which would have ended the game. It was not called and is not reviewable in instant replay.

OP
OP
USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1t3khpqs said:
USArmyParatrooper":1t3khpqs said:

Way to ignore my reply to you; and the way you replied with it is trolling.

I opined that I wouldn't include Rogers to the list. Because you don't like my opinion doesn't de facto make it "trolling."

There are lots of bad calls that keep scoring drives alive, it happens. However, with 11 and a half minutes left in the game, even if that call wasn't blown, it was still anyone's game. No doubt the Seahawks may have won, but so might he Packers.

With no time left on the clock, giving the Seahawks an unearned touchdown was literally and irrevocably game changing.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
USArmyParatrooper":28ljfm1v said:
CurryStopstheRuns":28ljfm1v said:
Yeah, I was attempting to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that that civility began to dissipate around post #10. Admitting that he was talking out of his ass was the straw that broke the camels back.

Whatever excuse you two lovebirds need. I show the same level of civility I'm shown.

You're in our house, in our main forum. You show us some respect or you can find somewhere else to post.

ALL the 9er fans showing up this week can consider that theyre warning.

edit: Now that I read the rest of the thread, he will have to find somewhere else to post

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Good work Absolut. This guys sole intention was to troll. He was just able to conceal it for about 10 posts. That may be a record for withholding, but I am glad that he is gone. My ignore list is growing too large.

themunn

Reaction score
I don't think Smith is a good QB.
But the 49ers have an 8-3 record against us with him as a starter

Ninerguy

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":39mld2lc said:
USArmyParatrooper":39mld2lc said:
AF_Hawk":39mld2lc said:
Being that we have little to no pass rush, having Kaep run towards us can only benefit us, no? J/k, but we do need to figure out how to get a pass rush against the Niners outstanding offensive line.

Wha?? Our offensive line is horrible. They played well against the Patriots, though.

You honestly think the 49ers have a horrible offensive line? Wow.

I think he is either confused or hasnt been paying attention for the 8 years before Harbaugh got to the niners and the actual horrible olines we had then...this line is very good!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Ninerguy":27m8y2sn said:
I think he is either confused or hasnt been paying attention for the 8 years before Harbaugh got to the niners and the actual horrible olines we had then...this line is very good!
I am convinced that some of the pass rush issues were tied to some read slowness by Alex as much as anything. Like the Hawks, your O-line is drafted to run block first, pass block second, but they are hardly terrible at pass blocking, and I think we all know how good they are at run blocking.

Rufus

Reaction score
Kaepernick or Alex Smith? I'd rather face Kaepernick for all the reasons already posted: he's inexperienced, he's never played in the Seahawks' house, he's fumble prone right now and he makes some bad choices and errant deep throws.

But I think we'll get a chance to compare them both Sunday night... I predict we'll see Alex Smith before the game is over.

[edit: My bad, Kaep is 2nd year, not a rookie]