Who would you rather play? Kaepernick or Alex Smith?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
USArmyParatrooper":3so3whtk said:
In terms of pass protection, yes. Absolutely.

Poor pass protection doesn't exclusively mean the line is "horrible". They are excellent in run blocking. You have invested a lot of draft capital and in free agency to build that line - I think most teams would trade for your line in a blink of an eye.

I'm not even sure I would agree you have poor pass protection. I think you might be a little spoiled by how good your team is. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1irzaza0 said:
USArmyParatrooper, you must be really nervous about this game. Why else would you come to a hawks forum. Enjoy getting blown out this week. You will be lucky to stay within 20.

lol

Will someone please sing me another song about 49ers fans who think the Seahawks are a guaranteed win? Anyone? Beuler?

I am a little nervous about the game because I respect the Seahawks. But seriously, you have to be a real knuckle dragger to think you're going to run the score against the 49ers defense.

OP
OP
USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":27jqhn9t said:
USArmyParatrooper":27jqhn9t said:
In terms of pass protection, yes. Absolutely.

Poor pass protection doesn't exclusively mean the line is "horrible". They are excellent in run blocking. You have invested a lot of draft capital and in free agency to build that line - I think most teams would trade for your line in a blink of an eye.

I'm not even sure I would agree you have poor pass protection. I think you might be a little spoiled by how good your team is. :th2thumbs:

If I'm not mistaken, until Kaepernick came in we took the most sacks in the league. Keapernick is a lot more illusive, so I'm sure that went down some. The run blocking is very good, so I'll give you that.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
USArmyParatrooper":1nj9dhhg said:
You know good D's force fumbles, right?

Too bad they didn't force any fumbles...we dropped wide open passes that would have likely gone for six...see Turbin, Robert and Tate, Golden for reference.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":22fn2txa said:
USArmyParatrooper":22fn2txa said:

Too bad they didn't force any fumbles...we dropped wide open passes that would have likely gone for six...see Turbin, Robert and Tate, Golden for reference.

Yep. Huge drop by Tate on the 3rd down slant. Moore dropped what would have been a long gainer down the sideline. Also, Obo had the long catch (30+ yds) but stumbled and it would have gone for a lot more.

OP
OP
USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":htrjoxd9 said:
Navyhawkfan187":htrjoxd9 said:
USArmyParatrooper":htrjoxd9 said:

Yep. Huge drop by Tate on the 3rd down slant. Moore dropped what would have been a long gainer down the sideline. Also, Obo had the long catch (30+ yds) but stumbled and it would have gone for a lot more.

Dropped passes are a part of the game. I couldn't watch the Niners - Seahawks game but I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners had dropped passes of their own.

Hopefully Carroll has a little respect for the Niners D as some of you seem to. But unfortunately he's not stupid.

But back to the point, the 49ers defense beat the Hawks. Not Alex Smith.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
USArmyParatrooper":funrfsva said:
Dropped passes are a part of the game. I couldn't watch the Niners - Seahawks game but I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners had dropped passes of their own.

Hopefully Carroll has a little respect for the Niners D as some of you seem to. But unfortunately he's not stupid.

You didn't even watch the game so you really shouldn't be commenting on it. Seattle had the most drops they've had all year vs SF. They literally "dropped" that game away. Turbin dropped a wheel route with nobody near him, Tate dropped open looks with NOBODY NEAR HIM. Young team nerves got the better of Seattle and Gore gashed our D all game long on traps and dives and kept our Offense off the field and unable to overcome our early mistakes. Your D would have looked like crap if our hands didn't look worse.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
USArmyParatrooper":h1mp1vuy said:

You didn't see the game, that's the problem. Even the commentators were saying that "the story of this game, if the Seahawks lose, will be the dropped passes". They were HUGE drops at critical times by WIDE OPEN receivers. At least 1 (Turbin's) would have been a TD for sure, and 1 (Tate's) would have been a 1st down close to FG range. One was a drop by Edwards in the end zone that would have been a tough catch but it was in his hands.

The 49ers D was beat on these plays, and the Hawks' players just could not make the plays for some reason.

I don't recall any drops by the 49ers in this game. If there were any, they were not critical drops.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
USArmyParatrooper":1b61zsr4 said:
Navyhawkfan187":1b61zsr4 said:
USArmyParatrooper":1b61zsr4 said:

Funny that you are so comfortable speaking of something of which you know nothing about.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":39gwo219 said:
USArmyParatrooper":39gwo219 said:
Navyhawkfan187":39gwo219 said:

Funny that you are so comfortable speaking of something of which you know nothing about.
He isn't here for debate or discourse. So, talking out his ass about a nationally televised game he didn't watch is only natural. Eff him, it's the ignore list for him.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2c7d2pn0 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":2c7d2pn0 said:
USArmyParatrooper":2c7d2pn0 said:

He isn't here for debate or discourse. So, talking out his ass about a nationally televised game he didn't watch is only natural. Eff him, it's the ignore list for him.

Yeah, I was attempting to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that that civility began to dissipate around post #10. Admitting that he was talking out of his ass was the straw that broke the camels back.

OP
OP
USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1ma7lb6j said:

Wilson thew for 39%, 0 TD, and 1 INT. Right, it's not that the Niners D beat the Seahawks.

OP
OP
USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3fus7s43 said:
Yeah, I was attempting to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that that civility began to dissipate around post #10. Admitting that he was talking out of his ass was the straw that broke the camels back.

Whatever excuse you two lovebirds need. I show the same level of civility I'm shown.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
USArmyParatrooper":1yc9dwyu said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1yc9dwyu said:

Wilson thew for 39%, 0 TD, and 1 INT. Right, it's not that the Niners D beat the Seahawks.

For a game you didn't even watch you sure do like to talk out your a$$. Here is a nice write up on how the drops killed us.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/seahawks-d ... --nfl.html

Oh and if it weren't for those drops, Wilsons numbers would have looked much better obviously.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
USArmyParatrooper":36orn8ut said:
CurryStopstheRuns":36orn8ut said:

Factor in the drops (which you want to excuse, because it sandbags your drool for the 49ers defense) and it would have been 69% completion and a TD factored in. Wilson is outstanding, but he can't catch the passes he throws. Bringing up his stats in that game reveals your ignorance.

And you are kidding yourself if you think the October Russell Wilson you faced the first time is the same Russell Wilson you will see this week, especially in our House.

You all better bring your A+ game. We'll be waiting.

mikeak

Reaction score
USArmyParatrooper":2sbnl5xi said:
Keapernick is a lot more illusive, t.

illusive we can deal with. Elusive is tougher for us.

Russell Wilson is pretty elusive so that should help us

Scottemojo

Reaction score
mikeak":10rbb8eb said:
USArmyParatrooper":10rbb8eb said:
Keapernick is a lot more illusive, t.

illusive we can deal with. Elusive is tougher for us.

Russell Wilson is pretty elusive so that should help us
Adj. 1. illusive - based on or having the nature of an illusion; "illusive hopes of finding a better job"; "Secret activities offer presidents the alluring but often illusory promise that they can achieve foreign policy goals without the bothersome debate and open decision that are staples of democracy"
illusory
unreal - lacking in reality or substance or genuineness; not corresponding to acknowledged facts or criteria; "ghosts and other unreal entities"; "unreal propaganda serving as news"

Great catch, AK. Turns out the trooper was spot on. hehe.

OP
OP
USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":28x0q9hi said:
USArmyParatrooper":28x0q9hi said:
CurryStopstheRuns":28x0q9hi said:

Factor in the drops (which you want to excuse, because it sandbags your drool for the 49ers defense) and it would have been 69% completion and a TD factored in. Wilson is outstanding, but he can't catch the passes he throws. Bringing up his stats in that game reveals your ignorance.

And you are kidding yourself if you think the October Russell Wilson you faced the first time is the same Russell Wilson you will see this week, especially in our House.

You all better bring your A+ game. We'll be waiting.

Both sides played great defense and in a game that close both teams have should have could haves. The game by no means will be easy, but it's not so much "October Wilson" as it is "Cardinals and Bills" Wilson. I seem to remember out second string quarterback having record breaking games against both those teams.

I know Wilson is good, but the 49ers have beat quarterbacks who are almost as good. You know, guys like Rogers, Brady and Brees.

nanomoz

Reaction score
This time, at home, Kaepernick. Smith can win in Seattle. He has several times.

Beyond this game, I'd rather play Smith.

mikeak

Reaction score
USArmyParatrooper":3rcu7vgf said:
I know Wilson is good, but the 49ers have beat quarterbacks who are almost as good. You know, guys like Rogers, Brady and Brees.

and the Seahawks have beat quarterbacks that are much better than Kap. You know guys like Rogers, Brady, Newton heck I even put Cutler in there