Hypothetically...who would you rather face in the playoffs?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • As the #5 seed we would have play Washington, but our 1st round opponent would most likely be from the NFC East. A possible scenario could be @Dallas, and then @ ATL...

If the 49ers would have won last night, and we would have won next week we would have had a home game vs WSH, Dal, NYG, Min, but then gone to GB.

I would personally rather have the #5 seed than the #3 seed even though it means two road games instead of one. I don't think there is a much better match up for us than ATL.

Which 2 game schedule would you prefer:
    Scenario #1:
    vs #6 (WSH, NYG, Dal, Min)
    @ GB

Scenario #2:
    @ #4 (WSH, NYG, Dal, Min)
    @ #1 ATL

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• I want Green Bay!

Edit:and to quote Jimmy Johnson "I wanna kick their ass!!!"
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Yup. I want a Playoff home game against anyone in the world (aka. a huge win)... and then Green Bay... and then San Francisco... and then anyone in the AFC.

We'll beat 'em all!
    chawx
    NET Veteran

• I agree with OP, playing at DAL or WAS I could see us being favored if we win out. I also could see us destroy either team and roll into Atlanta and stomp them cause they are soft.

I cannot see us in any scenario walking into GB and do anything other than give it our all and hope to squeak out a victory. Would it be awesome, heck yeah, I'd love to take the pack down but realistically GB and SF need to be super bowl favorites without wearing my seahawks colors glasses I'd expect that to be the NFC championship game. so if we have an opportunity to let them knock each other around then I'm for it. I'd love for SF vs SEA NFC championship more than anything even if it was at SF. NFC West Guarenteed a SB spot.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• I figure we will be the 5 seed.. I kind of hope Chicago or Minnesota get the 6 seed, because that would probably mean SF and GB face each other in the divisional round, while a Wild Card win sends us to Atlanta for a much more favorable second-round matchup. (I'm sorry, but the Falcons are not the 49ers or Packers).

The Giants getting the 6 seed opens up a very real possibility that they upset the Niners or Packers (two teams they've already smoked) and get the trip to Atlanta leaving us to face the 2 seed on the road.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• I want RG3!!! Rookie battle
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

• 425HawkSpark wrote:I want RG3!!! Rookie battle

Playoff wishlist:

Smack down RG3, end the hype fest for him.

Smack down Green Bay in the wildcard round, end all the talk of the fail mary game.

Smack down the 9ers in the NFC championship, cause THEY F*CKING DESERVE IT.

Win the Superbowl over the Steelers, cause payback's a b*tch.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• hawksfan515 wrote:
    425HawkSpark wrote:I want RG3!!! Rookie battle

Playoff wishlist:

Smack down Green Bay in the wildcard round, end all the talk of the fail mary game.

:13: couldn't have said it any better... too bad the Steelers won't make it that far...
    Position Before Submission
    The Grouch
    NET Practice Squad

• any scenario would be fine with me. I want our team to anyone, no matter how hot or cold they are, and make a huge statement. I have a great feeling about the rest of the year from here on out. Like they can beat anyone. Not saying they will, but I think they can.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• Beating RGIII in the wild card round and then beating Luck and the Colts in the SB, that's my wish. Shut up all these lovers of the top two picks overall. That, would cement RW as a stud, not that he isn't already. I am just sick of the love fest of those two...it is nice to see Russell getting more appreciation, though I believe he deserves more.
    IowaSeahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• Or beating Mr. you aren't good enough for me Petyon Manning in the Superbowl with a rookie quarterback who broke your
    rookie touchdown record(assuming he does).
    Waterhawk1
    NET Rookie

• hawksfan515 wrote:
    425HawkSpark wrote:I want RG3!!! Rookie battle

Playoff wishlist:

Love the idea only problem is i don't think the logistics would work I don;t think there is any scenario where we could play GB and SF the #2 and #3 seeds. If we are the 5th seed we could play #4 and #1(unless 6th seed beat #3) , if we are the 6th seed we can play #3 and #1
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• Green Bay for sure, w/all the whining about the "failed Mary" blah blah blah. It would be incredible to just knock them out in their own stadium. I can't say I wouldn't love to do that exact same thing to the Niners on their turf though. My hatred for the Niners runs very very deep.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• hawksfan515 wrote:Smack down the 9ers in the NFC championship, cause THEY F*CKING DESERVE IT.

Why exactly is this?
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

• 60niners wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:Smack down the 9ers in the NFC championship, cause THEY F*CKING DESERVE IT.

Why exactly is this?

because it's the niners? I can't tell if this is a serious question....
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• peachesenregalia wrote:
    60niners wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:Smack down the 9ers in the NFC championship, cause THEY F*CKING DESERVE IT.

Why exactly is this?

because it's the niners? I can't tell if this is a serious question....

Just wondering if there was some substance behind such a statement... silly me.

At any rate; really excited for this Sunday's game. Should be a death match... just hoping my team comes out healthy!
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

• anyone anytime, if i could hand pick a team, i'd say dallas then atlanta. but with sherm probably out this week, and two games into the playoffs, gonna be tough to beat anyone on the road IMO.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Almost every scenario has us at the #5 seed at this point. If we win 1 game, we are pretty much getting the 5 seed no matter what. With 2 losses the situation becomes either 6th seed or out completely...

Our first opponent is still very much in the air - assuming we are the 5th seed it will be the NFC east winner, but that has yet to be determined.

Our second round opponent will almost certainly be Atlanta, if we make it that far. There are very few scenarios where Atlanta is NOT our second round opponent, but they include Atlanta losing out and GB winning out.

Our third round opponent will most likely be SF or GB. The chances of us playing both of them in the playoff is VERY small. One of them will knock the other off. I think whoever sneaks in at the 6th seed will likely be out in the first round, I mean you never know but its a safe bet that if we make it that far, the NFC championship will be vs SF or GB. I suppose one possible scenario is Redskins win the division, and NY becomes 6th seed. I could see the giants making a little run.

One thing for sure - root like heck for the 6th seed. The best thing possible would be for the 6th seed to catch fire and take care of GB and SF for us. Guess what that means? NFC championship at the CLINK.

Given this, my ideal scenario?

Go to Washington, RG3 vs Wilson, battle of rookie QBs.
    Go to Atlanta, be the team that continues Matt Ryans one and done legacy
    Go to Green Bay, and settle the golden gate thing once and for all (no need to prove we can beat SF, if we do it next week)
    Play the Colts in the Superbowl, Wilson beats the OTHER rookie QB and is the undisputed ROTY, having beat both others in the playoffs.

:)
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• CaptainSkybeard wrote:
    Play the Colts in the Superbowl, Wilson beats the OTHER rookie QB and is the undisputed ROTY, having beat both others in the playoffs.

Aren't the regular season awards, like OROY and DROY voted on before the Playoffs start?

I believe that they are.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• CaptainSkybeard wrote:
    Go to Washington, RG3 vs Wilson, battle of rookie QBs.
    Go to Atlanta, be the team that continues Matt Ryans one and done legacy
    Go to Green Bay, and settle the golden gate thing once and for all (no need to prove we can beat SF, if we do it next week)
    Play the Pittsburgh in the Superbowl, to get revenge from XL

I'd rather wash away all the sour taste and just beat down Pittsburgh and get the trophy we deserved years ago.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• Dream scenario for me goes like this:
    1) ATL
    2) GB
    3) SF
    4) DAL
    5) Seattle
    6) NYG

NYG defeat SF
    SEA defeat DAL

NYG defeat ATL
    SEA defeat GB

SEA hosts NYG for NFC championship.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• Good post Luker. Realistically the only #6 seed that can win two road games would be the Giants [no way Chicago, Minny, Wash or Dal are doing that].

Realistically I think we would have a better chance in Round 2 playing at Atlanta than at GB. I think the Dome/Turf would help us bigtime and Atlanta would be nervous as hell if we got up on them early.

But if we want to host a playoff game, the Giants as the #6 seed is our best option.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• 60niners wrote:[quote="peachesenregalia] Smack down the 9ers in the NFC championship, [u]cause THEY F*CKING DESERVE IT.
    Why exactly is this? quote

because it's the niners? I can't tell if this is a serious question....[/quote]
    Just wondering if there was some substance behind such a statement... silly me.

At any rate; really excited for this Sunday's game. Should be a death match... just hoping my team comes out healthy![/quote][/quote]

The reason is we hate your coach (should be self explanatory), we hate the fact that you guys have kicked our butts the last few times, we hate most of your fans (sorry you appear to be one of the few exceptions to the rule, but you guys have a lot of fans who are uneducated jerks), and we pretty much hate anyone who is standing between us and the Lombardi at this point (and the fact that your team will be a thorn in our greatness for the foreseeable future makes us hate them all the more).

That said, I really hope both teams can get through this game with no injuries. My hate for the Niners ramped up in 2010 when you guys put out what seemed like 1/2 our team (including Hass) in one game. Thankfully, we have gotten a lot younger and tougher siince then, but I know how hard both teams will be hitting and we will both be lucky to escape with just minor injuries.
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• I want to face @Dallas @Atlanta and @ greenbay
    On twitter @Blazenhawks

New Era of Seahawks football Starts Now!!!!
    Blazenhawks
    NET Starter

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information