Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Are you scared of this Niner's Defense?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:37 am 
NET Practice Squad

Largent80 wrote:
I think they better be scared of our offense.

How so? I seem to remember the 49ers blowing out the Jets and Bills and then getting a beat down by the Giants. Blowing out the Bills is a weak measuring stick to gauge how great an offence is.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:42 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Damn it is easy to hate Niner fans. Ughh....

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:44 am 
* NET Radish *

BayAreafbfan wrote:
Largent80 wrote:

How so? I seem to remember the 49ers blowing out the Jets and Bills and then getting a beat down by the Giants. Blowing out the Bills is a weak measuring stick to gauge how great an offence is.

And who asked you to do that? If you're going to continue to just find arguing points forever you might find yourself in the short stay unit here.

:141847_bnono:

Oh yeah, getting tied and then beaten by St. Louis might be the same on your side of the ball.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:50 am 
NET Practice Squad

The Radish wrote:
BayAreafbfan wrote:
Largent80 wrote:

And who asked you to do that? If you're going to continue to just find arguing points forever you might find yourself in the short stay unit here.

Oh yeah, getting tied and then beaten by St. Louis might be the same on your side of the ball.

No denying that. Those two Rams game were terrible. Just pointing out that blowing out two bottom feeder teams in a row doesn't mean you have a top tier NFL offence. They are good wins and I credit you that but we have all seen this time and time again in the NFL over the years.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:00 am 
NET Veteran

your point is pointless... good teams beat bad teams badly.... good offenses score on good defenses, case in point last night...good offenses destroy bad defenses, case in point yesterday and last week...

this game is going to come down to dicipline, taking care of the ball, and executing and making plays....

niners will make their plays , hawks will make their plays, whoever makes the key plays will win..

point is you barely beat us at your place, when we had a rookie qb under center and backs and recievers who couldn't catch a cold... guarentee that offense will not be on the field come sunday... and i also guarentee the 12th man will be raging, this is a playoff game for us... you will get our best.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:01 am 
NET Veteran

The niners are overrated.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:35 am 
NET Veteran

T-Sizzle wrote:
The niners are overrated.

Don't let your hatred for them get in the way of common sense.
They are one of the best teams in the league and we will need to bring our A game this week in order to beat them.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:57 am 
NET Starter

BayAreafbfan wrote:
The Radish wrote:
BayAreafbfan wrote:

No denying that. Those two Rams game were terrible. Just pointing out that blowing out two bottom feeder teams in a row doesn't mean you have a top tier NFL offence. They are good wins and I credit you that but we have all seen this time and time again in the NFL over the years.

Actually, it kind of does. Seattle is top 5 in point differential and point differential is a better predictor of future wins than won/loss record.

Although, an interesting thing about that. SF beat the Pats but the Pats were overrated, as I said far and wide before the game. I expected this win. The Patriots run up the score against every team they can. They play an aggressive passing offense to the very end and usually tack on 1 or 2 extra touchdowns. Then the media builds them up like they're the best team in 10 years. Point differential is a great predictor EXCEPT when compared to a couple other elite teams like Seattle[1] and SF, who don't run up the score. When the Patriots play truly elite teams, they're exposed as only elite, and not all-timer status.

[1] Seattle has finished two games this season on long time eating drives. In the last two games when they've "run up the score" according to the media because of specific single plays they've highlighted, Seattle has put a tiny handful of extra points on the board, I think 10 total out of over 100. They could have easily scored 70+ each game. These point differentials were legit indicators of quality.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:16 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor

BayAreafbfan wrote:
Largent80 wrote:

How so? How about we were just beginning with a new quarterback and instibility on the oline. When we played you the first time. This team resembles that one in uniform only.

Argue all you want but this offense is clicking and confident, and if sf tries that trap shit on us this game they are in for a long day

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:18 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

Tanzania.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:41 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

BayAreafbfan wrote:
Blowing out the Bills is a weak measuring stick to gauge how great an offence is.

Agreed, but all we have to do is look back to week 5 to see how a large number of Niner fans had annoited themselves the offensive juggernaut.

Pretty typical though, Its only OK if the Niners do it, just like with everything else.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:41 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Throwdown wrote:
49elite wrote:
bryantology79 wrote:
never scared, but more worried about their offense with the added element of kap's legs. would love to see chancellor catch him by surprise and light him up

I know what u mean..I would love to see Goldson catch that little #3 slipping :D

You know... As soon as that happened Kaepernick would have the biggest target on his head from our head hunters right? Y'all don't want that kind of problem, do you?

Lol yea and we're gonna blow bubbles at RW if you guys try to take out Kap

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:27 am 
NET Rookie

We can argue and argue and argue and argue and argue and argue...

But let Sunday do the talking. Go Hawks!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:42 am 
NET Veteran

No.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:25 am 
* Mr Random Thought *

Not really.

But I am scared, terrified really, of their running game. They destroyed us in San Francisco and that was with Alan Branch, who could miss next weekend.

I still think Seattle wins. If Carroll has any sense he will blitz Kaepernick into brain death, he's not a good QB under pressure but give him time and he might as well be Brett Favre.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:38 am 
NET Veteran

kearly wrote:
Not really.

But I am scared, terrified really, of their running game. They destroyed us in San Francisco and that was with Alan Branch, who could miss next weekend.

I still think Seattle wins. If Carroll has any sense he will blitz Kaepernick into brain death, he's not a good QB under pressure but give him time and he might as well be Brett Favre.

My thoughts exactly, Kearly. What i got to think the gameplan for the Hawks is to get up early. This is really the only way to really beat the niners, like the Vikings and Giants showed. Their running game is deadly, but if you are up a few scores that neutralizes it.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 am 
NET Veteran

Niners D is obviously damn good. However, so is our Offense right now, and we are in OUR HOUSE. Not scared one bit. We are as good as the Niners, time to show it on Sunday.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]