Toronto Trip Report with Photos

JonRud

Reaction score
Last week I attended my first game of the season, a 58-0 destruction of Arizona. On Friday night the wife [aka Amy] and I flew up to Toronto for the first time. I passed through customs in my Lynch jersey and when the agent asked why we were visiting Canada I replied simply 'We are here to see the Seahawks win.'

On Saturday we spent a few hours doing a city bus tour, then walking around the Distillery Area / Xmas Village. It was setup with all kinds of outdoor shops and was nice, though it was a little chilly. Eventually we made our way into some bar where we ran into 6 Seahawks fans including Dan the Marine and his girlfriend. We spent a few hours drinking Canadian beer and talking. I tried to get the bartender to let me mount a 12th man flag on the bar but he wouldn't go for it.

Saturday night we had dinner at a nice bistro, then around 10pm hooked up with Mr. & Mrs. Tech Worlds, bestfightstory and mystermatt. I was a few drinks behind them and couldn't really catch up. The drink special was a mixture of canadian whiskey, apple juice and maple syrup garnished with cranberries. A funny moment was when Matt bit into one thinking it was a cherry. I was also impressed by bestfightstory who wore 4 hats at the same time.

We turned in around 12:30...and headed down to the Rogers Centre around 10am on Sunday. There were plenty of Hawks fans out on the street. I went into the hotel that is part of the stadium and got a great view of the cheerleaders warming up on field.

Around 11:30am we hit the Fox & Fiddle with the crew from the day before as well as seatown81, beerhawk, Shawn P. from Toronto and special guest the Hawkblogger [kudos for flying all night to make it]. We had a great time watching the early games and getting ready.

I headed into the stadium early as I had never been there. It was a typical dome, seats were very small and not much going on stadium wise. Lots of Blue Jays stuff around...and then put in the Bills stuff for the game.

I would say the fans in the stadium were 70% Bills 30% Hawks. Kind of hard to tell since the Hawks fans had 10x as much to cheer about. In general the crowd was dead - nobody stood at all though there obviously wasn't much drama in the game. the Hawks fans were great everytime we scored or got another turnover.

You all saw the game so no need for a recap. I thought the wolf grey jerseys looked great and Wilson is just a super stud. I also got to see Flynn play for the 2nd time this year...though he didn't have much to do this week.

Some of the excitement of the day was obviously subdued by the 49ers game that night, but it was still a great trip and a great win. Hawks are now winning 108-17 in games I attend this season. If only I had any money left and no kids I might just keep flying to all these games.

Here are some pics from Sunday.

Here are some degenerates we ran into on the trip.

P1010102 001 zpse2ab7c55

Group shot of the Twelves before the game.

P1010104 zpsbfdd02ca

Shot of the field from inside the hotel.

P1010097 zps049735c5

Seahawks fans down on the rail pre-game.

P1010133 zpsa62f9e47

Game shot.

P1010143 zps6cf69ce3

Halftime show - Gangham Style.

P1010149 zps964b5c80

Nice sign.

P1010168 zpsda5f8e6b

Amy and I celebrating the victory!

P1010153 zps1d55c0b5

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Judging by field position and alignment on the game shot photo, I think that play was the where the Hawks did something really good and Buffalo looked ridiculous.

arghawkfan

Reaction score
I'm randomly in one of your pictures even though i didn't meet you, I'm in the wolf grey earl Thomas elite jersey beside my gf...small world

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
ya jon it was nice meeting u and your wife that game was awesome and so where the hawks gatherings before and after.

silverss

Reaction score
well look at this...my boy and I in the front row are forever enshrined with 'hawk fans in Toronto!

wish we stayed but my son wanted to check out the 'tailgate'. If you can believe it this year was the first time one could drink on the streets of Toronto!

it was awesome to see all seahawk fans in Toronto but I can't wait for the day that I make it out to century link...

madbohem

Reaction score
So.... when you go to Seahawks games they score at least 50?

who has tickets to give this guy for Sunday?

Riley12

Reaction score
The big story that no one is talking about...

The .net Road Crew finally saw a victory! Yay!!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Thank for the great pics, and glad you had fun.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
i got to be part of that road crew and man would do it again in a heartbeat. all the banter and info was really great that and dom is a nut.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Great pics man! But let me be the first to state the obvious... You are seriously over-chicking man... Way to go! :twisted: :229031_cheers: :th2thumbs:

The Radish

Reaction score
Sadly the rumor I heard is true,,,,,what rumor?

That JR will stand next to anyone for a free picture.

:D

uncle fester

Reaction score
Great report, sir.

And a million bonus points for bringing a Tanzania flag with you! :)

NYCoug

Reaction score
Great stuff Jon! Awesome pics and a great writeup too. Lovin the Tanzania scarf too, I've gotta get myself one of those!

I'm in agreement that the team just needs to send you tickets and airfare for every game. Not many people can say that they witnessed back to back 50 point performances. You witnessed history my friend. Seriously, do we know of any other fans that were at both the 'Zona and Buffalo game?

And what a lucky man you are... you get to go to back to back 50 point pastings and now you get to come down to NYC and hang with me for the Niners game! Seriously looking forward to it my friend. There's a drink waiting for you with my name on it!

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Awesome time. Awesome city. Always fun seeing the Hawks win on the road (my 3rd out of 11 games), even better seeing them absolutely throttle the Bills.

Great meeting everyone. Thought it was cool how many showed up at the Fox just from reading this site. Posters, lurkers alike. Everyone is invited back to Seattle for a game. ;)

Go Hawks!