Hypothetically...who would you rather face in the playoffs?

lukerguy

Reaction score
As the #5 seed we would have play Washington, but our 1st round opponent would most likely be from the NFC East. A possible scenario could be @Dallas, and then @ ATL...

If the 49ers would have won last night, and we would have won next week we would have had a home game vs WSH, Dal, NYG, Min, but then gone to GB.

I would personally rather have the #5 seed than the #3 seed even though it means two road games instead of one. I don't think there is a much better match up for us than ATL.

Which 2 game schedule would you prefer:
Scenario #1:
vs #6 (WSH, NYG, Dal, Min)
@ GB

Scenario #2:
@ #4 (WSH, NYG, Dal, Min)
@ #1 ATL

chawx

Reaction score
Yup. I want a Playoff home game against anyone in the world (aka. a huge win)... and then Green Bay... and then San Francisco... and then anyone in the AFC.

We'll beat 'em all!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I agree with OP, playing at DAL or WAS I could see us being favored if we win out. I also could see us destroy either team and roll into Atlanta and stomp them cause they are soft.

I cannot see us in any scenario walking into GB and do anything other than give it our all and hope to squeak out a victory. Would it be awesome, heck yeah, I'd love to take the pack down but realistically GB and SF need to be super bowl favorites without wearing my seahawks colors glasses I'd expect that to be the NFC championship game. so if we have an opportunity to let them knock each other around then I'm for it. I'd love for SF vs SEA NFC championship more than anything even if it was at SF. NFC West Guarenteed a SB spot.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I figure we will be the 5 seed.. I kind of hope Chicago or Minnesota get the 6 seed, because that would probably mean SF and GB face each other in the divisional round, while a Wild Card win sends us to Atlanta for a much more favorable second-round matchup. (I'm sorry, but the Falcons are not the 49ers or Packers).

The Giants getting the 6 seed opens up a very real possibility that they upset the Niners or Packers (two teams they've already smoked) and get the trip to Atlanta leaving us to face the 2 seed on the road.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":36bw422h said:
I want RG3!!! Rookie battle

Playoff wishlist:

Smack down RG3, end the hype fest for him.

Smack down Green Bay in the wildcard round, end all the talk of the fail mary game.

Smack down the 9ers in the NFC championship, cause THEY F*CKING DESERVE IT.

Win the Superbowl over the Steelers, cause payback's a b*tch.

The Grouch

Reaction score
hawksfan515":39rfwght said:
425HawkSpark":39rfwght said:

Playoff wishlist:

Smack down Green Bay in the wildcard round, end all the talk of the fail mary game.

:13: couldn't have said it any better... too bad the Steelers won't make it that far...

bellingerga

Reaction score
any scenario would be fine with me. I want our team to anyone, no matter how hot or cold they are, and make a huge statement. I have a great feeling about the rest of the year from here on out. Like they can beat anyone. Not saying they will, but I think they can.

IowaSeahawk

Reaction score
Beating RGIII in the wild card round and then beating Luck and the Colts in the SB, that's my wish. Shut up all these lovers of the top two picks overall. That, would cement RW as a stud, not that he isn't already. I am just sick of the love fest of those two...it is nice to see Russell getting more appreciation, though I believe he deserves more.

Waterhawk1

Reaction score
Or beating Mr. you aren't good enough for me Petyon Manning in the Superbowl with a rookie quarterback who broke your
rookie touchdown record(assuming he does).

QuahHawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1bchk9is said:
425HawkSpark":1bchk9is said:

Playoff wishlist:

Love the idea only problem is i don't think the logistics would work I don;t think there is any scenario where we could play GB and SF the #2 and #3 seeds. If we are the 5th seed we could play #4 and #1(unless 6th seed beat #3) , if we are the 6th seed we can play #3 and #1

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Green Bay for sure, w/all the whining about the "failed Mary" blah blah blah. It would be incredible to just knock them out in their own stadium. I can't say I wouldn't love to do that exact same thing to the Niners on their turf though. My hatred for the Niners runs very very deep.

60niners

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3fbjki08 said:
Why exactly is this?

60niners

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1z0vmc6a said:
60niners":1z0vmc6a said:
hawksfan515":1z0vmc6a said:
Why exactly is this?

because it's the niners? I can't tell if this is a serious question....
Just wondering if there was some substance behind such a statement... silly me.

At any rate; really excited for this Sunday's game. Should be a death match... just hoping my team comes out healthy!

hawker84

Reaction score
anyone anytime, if i could hand pick a team, i'd say dallas then atlanta. but with sherm probably out this week, and two games into the playoffs, gonna be tough to beat anyone on the road IMO.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Almost every scenario has us at the #5 seed at this point. If we win 1 game, we are pretty much getting the 5 seed no matter what. With 2 losses the situation becomes either 6th seed or out completely...

Our first opponent is still very much in the air - assuming we are the 5th seed it will be the NFC east winner, but that has yet to be determined.

Our second round opponent will almost certainly be Atlanta, if we make it that far. There are very few scenarios where Atlanta is NOT our second round opponent, but they include Atlanta losing out and GB winning out.

Our third round opponent will most likely be SF or GB. The chances of us playing both of them in the playoff is VERY small. One of them will knock the other off. I think whoever sneaks in at the 6th seed will likely be out in the first round, I mean you never know but its a safe bet that if we make it that far, the NFC championship will be vs SF or GB. I suppose one possible scenario is Redskins win the division, and NY becomes 6th seed. I could see the giants making a little run.

One thing for sure - root like heck for the 6th seed. The best thing possible would be for the 6th seed to catch fire and take care of GB and SF for us. Guess what that means? NFC championship at the CLINK.

Given this, my ideal scenario?

Go to Washington, RG3 vs Wilson, battle of rookie QBs.
Go to Atlanta, be the team that continues Matt Ryans one and done legacy
Go to Green Bay, and settle the golden gate thing once and for all (no need to prove we can beat SF, if we do it next week)
Play the Colts in the Superbowl, Wilson beats the OTHER rookie QB and is the undisputed ROTY, having beat both others in the playoffs.

:)

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":6ddls4yw said:
Play the Colts in the Superbowl, Wilson beats the OTHER rookie QB and is the undisputed ROTY, having beat both others in the playoffs.

Aren't the regular season awards, like OROY and DROY voted on before the Playoffs start?

I believe that they are.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":1qj65bmj said:
Go to Washington, RG3 vs Wilson, battle of rookie QBs.
Go to Atlanta, be the team that continues Matt Ryans one and done legacy
Go to Green Bay, and settle the golden gate thing once and for all (no need to prove we can beat SF, if we do it next week)
Play the Pittsburgh in the Superbowl, to get revenge from XL

I'd rather wash away all the sour taste and just beat down Pittsburgh and get the trophy we deserved years ago.

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
Dream scenario for me goes like this:
1) ATL
2) GB
3) SF
4) DAL
5) Seattle
6) NYG