Toronto Trip Report with Photos

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Toronto Trip Report with Photos
Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:51 pm
  • Last week I attended my first game of the season, a 58-0 destruction of Arizona. On Friday night the wife [aka Amy] and I flew up to Toronto for the first time. I passed through customs in my Lynch jersey and when the agent asked why we were visiting Canada I replied simply 'We are here to see the Seahawks win.'

On Saturday we spent a few hours doing a city bus tour, then walking around the Distillery Area / Xmas Village. It was setup with all kinds of outdoor shops and was nice, though it was a little chilly. Eventually we made our way into some bar where we ran into 6 Seahawks fans including Dan the Marine and his girlfriend. We spent a few hours drinking Canadian beer and talking. I tried to get the bartender to let me mount a 12th man flag on the bar but he wouldn't go for it.

Saturday night we had dinner at a nice bistro, then around 10pm hooked up with Mr. & Mrs. Tech Worlds, bestfightstory and mystermatt. I was a few drinks behind them and couldn't really catch up. The drink special was a mixture of canadian whiskey, apple juice and maple syrup garnished with cranberries. A funny moment was when Matt bit into one thinking it was a cherry. I was also impressed by bestfightstory who wore 4 hats at the same time.

We turned in around 12:30...and headed down to the Rogers Centre around 10am on Sunday. There were plenty of Hawks fans out on the street. I went into the hotel that is part of the stadium and got a great view of the cheerleaders warming up on field.

Around 11:30am we hit the Fox & Fiddle with the crew from the day before as well as seatown81, beerhawk, Shawn P. from Toronto and special guest the Hawkblogger [kudos for flying all night to make it]. We had a great time watching the early games and getting ready.

I headed into the stadium early as I had never been there. It was a typical dome, seats were very small and not much going on stadium wise. Lots of Blue Jays stuff around...and then put in the Bills stuff for the game.

I would say the fans in the stadium were 70% Bills 30% Hawks. Kind of hard to tell since the Hawks fans had 10x as much to cheer about. In general the crowd was dead - nobody stood at all though there obviously wasn't much drama in the game. the Hawks fans were great everytime we scored or got another turnover.

You all saw the game so no need for a recap. I thought the wolf grey jerseys looked great and Wilson is just a super stud. I also got to see Flynn play for the 2nd time this year...though he didn't have much to do this week.

Some of the excitement of the day was obviously subdued by the 49ers game that night, but it was still a great trip and a great win. Hawks are now winning 108-17 in games I attend this season. If only I had any money left and no kids I might just keep flying to all these games.

Here are some pics from Sunday.

Here are some degenerates we ran into on the trip.

Group shot of the Twelves before the game.

Shot of the field from inside the hotel.

Seahawks fans down on the rail pre-game.

Game shot.

Halftime show - Gangham Style.

Nice sign.

Amy and I celebrating the victory!

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

Re: Toronto Trip Report with Photos
Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:55 pm
  • Thanks JR

Especially like the picture of you and your lovely wife.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:57 pm
  • Well done my friend!
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:08 pm
  • Judging by field position and alignment on the game shot photo, I think that play was the where the Hawks did something really good and Buffalo looked ridiculous.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:12 pm
  • I'm randomly in one of your pictures even though i didn't meet you, I'm in the wolf grey earl Thomas elite jersey beside my gf...small world
    arghawkfan
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:19 pm
  • ya jon it was nice meeting u and your wife that game was awesome and so where the hawks gatherings before and after.
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:19 pm
  • On second look I noticed that Leif planted a small victory tree on top of Seatowns head.

:D
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:01 pm
  • well look at this...my boy and I in the front row are forever enshrined with 'hawk fans in Toronto!

wish we stayed but my son wanted to check out the 'tailgate'. If you can believe it this year was the first time one could drink on the streets of Toronto!

it was awesome to see all seahawk fans in Toronto but I can't wait for the day that I make it out to century link...
    silverss
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:19 pm
  • So.... when you go to Seahawks games they score at least 50?

who has tickets to give this guy for Sunday?
    madbohem
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:10 pm
  • The big story that no one is talking about...

The .net Road Crew finally saw a victory! Yay!!
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:16 pm
  • Thank for the great pics, and glad you had fun.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:23 pm
  • i got to be part of that road crew and man would do it again in a heartbeat. all the banter and info was really great that and dom is a nut.
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:39 pm
  • Great pics man! But let me be the first to state the obvious... You are seriously over-chicking man... Way to go! :twisted: :229031_cheers: :th2thumbs:

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:03 pm
  • IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Judging by field position and alignment on the game shot photo, I think that play was the where the Hawks did something really good and Buffalo looked ridiculous.

Well, that narrows it down.

Great pics, by the way! And what a game to go to.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:40 pm
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355809255147.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355809255147.jpg (74.76 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
    uploadfromtaptalk1355809207803.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355809207803.jpg (63.77 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:48 am
  • Sadly the rumor I heard is true,,,,,what rumor?

That JR will stand next to anyone for a free picture.

:D
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:13 am
  • Great report, sir.

And a million bonus points for bringing a Tanzania flag with you! :)
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:02 am
  • Great stuff Jon! Awesome pics and a great writeup too. Lovin the Tanzania scarf too, I've gotta get myself one of those!

I'm in agreement that the team just needs to send you tickets and airfare for every game. Not many people can say that they witnessed back to back 50 point performances. You witnessed history my friend. Seriously, do we know of any other fans that were at both the 'Zona and Buffalo game?

And what a lucky man you are... you get to go to back to back 50 point pastings and now you get to come down to NYC and hang with me for the Niners game! Seriously looking forward to it my friend. There's a drink waiting for you with my name on it!
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:30 am
  • Wow, great pics. Really cool you guys had the chance to see the beat down in person.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:03 am
  • Awesome time. Awesome city. Always fun seeing the Hawks win on the road (my 3rd out of 11 games), even better seeing them absolutely throttle the Bills.

Great meeting everyone. Thought it was cool how many showed up at the Fox just from reading this site. Posters, lurkers alike. Everyone is invited back to Seattle for a game. ;)

Go Hawks!
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:10 am
  • I was surprised how many Hawks jerseys I saw. I'm sure Hawks jerseys outnumbered Bills jerseys. We had a great time and loved the result, but the venue and the atmosphere was brutal and could not sustain an NFL team. Can't wait to make the trip out west in the next year or two for a home game. Go Hawks!
    ottawahawkfan
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:56 am
  • Looks like an awesome trip guys! I asked this question in the SHACK but im hopin for a quicker response here- Is prostitution still legal in Canada? The last time I was in Vancouver, must have been almost 20 years ago the girls were hanging outside of bar district with health cards around their necks showing they were clean of stds. Is that still going on?
    largenutz
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:08 am
  • Am I the only one who wants to hear about this magical drink? Whiskey, syrup, apple juice, but in what ratios! Hows is this magical sounding thing prepared?!
    ParisPC07
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 am
  • ParisPC07 wrote:Am I the only one who wants to hear about this magical drink? Whiskey, syrup, apple juice, but in what ratios! Hows is this magical sounding thing prepared?!

She shook it up in a cocktail shaker and served it in a stemless martini glass on the rocks. It was garnished with cranberries and maybe there were a few twigs in there as well. Extremely sweet.

Toronto was not a good place for mixed drinks...they are extremely expensive and everything is measured down to the ounce. I ordered a Jameson and soda which was about 1 oz. of Jameson and 4 oz. of Soda...just the opposite of my preferred ratio!

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information