Christian Ponder - worst non-Arizona quarterback

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • This guy just finds new ways every week to look awful. Even today - Vikes blowing out the Rams. It's 3rd and 29. He nearly throws a ridiculous pick six. How on EARTH did this guy go in the top half of round one? How? If anything he's getting worse since Florida State... and he was shocking in college anyway. The Vikings have got a legend playing running back and will be 8-6 tonight in spite of Ponder. The Vikings should do whatever it takes to upgrade at QB this off-season. They'll be a contender if they can get a QB.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7926
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


  • Lets give them Flynn for someone we want.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5211
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


  • I was thinking the opposite - Vikings on the list of teams I DONT want Flynn to go. AFC only, please.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9924
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • He beat the niners. Any given sunday people.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2950
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:This guy just finds new ways every week to look awful. Even today - Vikes blowing out the Rams. It's 3rd and 29. He nearly throws a ridiculous pick six. How on EARTH did this guy go in the top half of round one? How? If anything he's getting worse since Florida State...


    He definitely seems to be regressing. I thought he was doing some good things as a rookie but I don't know what he is thinking anymore. At least he's got a hot girlfriend :229031_shrug:
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 332
    Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm


  • Good thing for AP (if you are a Vikings fan).

    Lot of teams that need a signal caller. So glad we have finally found ours.
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 943
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:23 pm
    Location: Marysville, WA


  • Actually that award goes to Mark Sanchez. LOL does he suck!
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 7883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm


  • Christian Ponder is dating the hottest babe on ESPN: Samantha Steele ... google her.
    I live in ACC Country and watched C. Ponder play here at FSU... Nothing special about him. He has a few intangibles (size, athleticism and such...), he is a hard worker, but nothing to write home about. Journeyman written all over him. In two years in the league, he still can't really run an offense. Some players just don't have it.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*
     
    Posts: 867
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm


  • Thing is, I dont remember ANYONE saying it was a good move for the Vikes to pick him there. Like, no one. It was the epitome of reach and Schneiders mantra of "dont panic at the QB position". It was none of the most BAZAAR draft picks I've seen in a long time.

    Any other year, he's a 3rd or 4th rounder. But, so many needed QB's that year.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9924
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • pehawk wrote:Thing is, I dont remember ANYONE saying it was a good move for the Vikes to pick him there. Like, no one. It was the epitome of reach and Schneiders mantra of "dont panic at the QB position". It was none of the most BAZAAR draft picks I've seen in a long time.

    Any other year, he's a 3rd or 4th rounder. But, so many needed QB's that year.


    Didn't bestfightstory have a Ponder boner?
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5211
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


  • Sanchez disagrees with you tonight
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8688
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


  • AbsolutNET wrote:Sanchez disagrees with you tonight


    I feel pretty bad for Sanchez. Not only are they hurt, they're scheme's are retarded and anytime he completes a pass, Tebow and his beautiful lips trot in.

    I'd totally hump Tebow's mouth - he's got nice lips.

    To this day, BFS is convinced Ponder just needs new scenery. But, BFS said that about Charlie Ward, Nix, any FSU QB. He grew up in Florida.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9924
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • Sanzchez is not a good QB. He makes really bad decisions
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8688
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


  • Nevermind - that was dumb. He's getting out played by Locker, with all 5 of his Olineman hurt.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9924
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • Sanchez is the reason they suck. Look at his completion percentage and turnovers. What a fool.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 7883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm


  • Holy crap that was a bad pass...that's something I would throw as a weekend warrior. He's supposed to be an NFL QB. Wow is he bad
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6864
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • -The Glove- wrote:Holy crap that was a bad pass...that's something I would throw as a weekend warrior. He's supposed to be an NFL QB. Wow is he bad


    Not according to @ryanadamdavis. Apparently he just needs a change of scenery.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8688
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


  • "They look like they're solving a calculus equation on the sideline. I dont know what they're doing" - Gruden upon seeing Sporano, Tebow and Sanchez
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9924
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • AbsolutNET wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:Holy crap that was a bad pass...that's something I would throw as a weekend warrior. He's supposed to be an NFL QB. Wow is he bad


    Not according to @ryanadamdavis. Apparently he just needs a change of scenery.

    I think his confidence is shot


    Hahahahahhahaha...the Jets are hilariously bad. You get gifted the ball at the opponents 25 on what would be a final drive for the win and bobble the very first snap. Lol. I've never seen a team look so bad
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6864
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • Jake Locker isn't any better than Sanchez. He can't throw, and he can't outrun anyone in the NFL. I'm not sure he will be around in a couple of years.

    Sanchez, Ponder, Tebow, Locker were all first round picks.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*
     
    Posts: 867
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm


  • pehawk wrote:To this day, BFS is convinced Ponder just needs new scenery. But, BFS said that about Charlie Ward, Nix, any FSU QB. He grew up in Florida.


    Where is BFS?

    He's disappeared since Russell Wilson started owning the NFL.

    Surely he's not too proud to enjoy that?
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7926
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    pehawk wrote:To this day, BFS is convinced Ponder just needs new scenery. But, BFS said that about Charlie Ward, Nix, any FSU QB. He grew up in Florida.


    Where is BFS?

    He's disappeared since Russell Wilson started owning the NFL.

    Surely he's not too proud to enjoy that?


    Banned, from what I understand.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7913
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


  • Let's not get carried away on Locker. I admit, I love his skills, and can only compare him to Elway. He hasn't played well, but with a 4th string center and 4/5's of his OL out. I think its too early to say one way or another.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9924
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    pehawk wrote:To this day, BFS is convinced Ponder just needs new scenery. But, BFS said that about Charlie Ward, Nix, any FSU QB. He grew up in Florida.


    Where is BFS?

    He's disappeared since Russell Wilson started owning the NFL.

    Surely he's not too proud to enjoy that?

    BFS got banned. And I miss him.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 10610
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • I wondered where the bad man went. That sucks.

    Almost as bad as ponder sucks, but....
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    User avatar
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4543
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:20 pm
    Location: UT


  • Jake Locker is making a real, remarkable effort for this title...
    User avatar
    GCrow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 678
    Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:05 am
    Location: Canada




It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online