So, if we unthinkably went 0-2 to finish the season....

Jiggy

Reaction score
I did some poking around at the ESPN playoff machine. If the Eagles and Cardinals win this coming Sunday, the Seahawks are in the playoffs no matter if they lose the next two.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Jiggy":kqz51qe6 said:
I did some poking around at the ESPN playoff machine. If the Eagles and Cardinals win this coming Sunday, the Seahawks are in the playoffs no matter if they lose the next two.

Not quite..

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Clinch playoff berth with:

1) SEA win OR
2) SEA tie + NYG loss + WSH loss + MIN loss or tie + CHI loss or tie OR
3) SEA tie + NYG loss + WSH loss + MIN loss or tie + DAL loss or tie OR
4) SEA tie + NYG loss + WSH loss + CHI loss or tie + DAL loss or tie OR
5) SEA tie + NYG loss + MIN loss or tie + CHI loss or tie + DAL loss or tie OR
6) SEA tie + WSH loss + MIN loss or tie + CHI loss or tie + DAL loss or tie OR
7) NYG loss + WSH loss + MIN loss + CHI loss + DAL loss

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1c6kdbqo said:
The OP ought to "BE HANGED" for bringing up last year!

Ehh, I'd rather be prepared for this scenario so I know which teams to root for.

Now here's a question I've been wondering..... Can you win the #2 seed but not win your division? Like, if the top team goes 16-0, gets the #1, and the next best team goes 14-2, but they are both in the same division and the two losses came to the 16-0 team, can they then claim the #1 if they have the second best record???

kearly

Reaction score
Cool. So if the Seahawks win, they clinch. It also means that they still fully control their destiny even if they lose to SF. I'm kind of surprised by that given the enormous number of potential 10-6 teams.

Jiggy

Reaction score
volsunghawk":309xn023 said:
hawksfan515":309xn023 said:
mikeak":309xn023 said:

Lame! But thanks.

Not lame. If you can't win your division, you don't deserve one of the top 4 seeds. And no home game for you.

Unless you're the #5 seed and by some weird alignment of the stars you and the 6 seed win out :)

BocciHawk

Reaction score
There are a variety of scenarios where the Seahawks lose the next two and still get in, but it requires that teams we don't have tiebreakers with lose games as well.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":2cgjuipy said:
Cool. So if the Seahawks win, they clinch. It also means that they still fully control their destiny even if they lose to SF. I'm kind of surprised by that given the enormous number of potential 10-6 teams.

Its because we have the tie breaker with so many of them.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1ljrbey3 said:
Bigpumpkin":1ljrbey3 said:
The OP ought to "BE HANGED" for bringing up last year!

Ehh, I'd rather be prepared for this scenario so I know which teams to root for.

Now here's a question I've been wondering..... Can you win the #2 seed but not win your division? Like, if the top team goes 16-0, gets the #1, and the next best team goes 14-2, but they are both in the same division and the two losses came to the 16-0 team, can they then claim the #1 if they have the second best record???

Just root for the Hawks, because after we beat the Niners this week, we are in and won't have to bother with any of these scenarios anymore. Then, the only scenario that will matter is whether the Cardinals can beat the Niners or if we are a wild card team.

Let's just take care of business this week and not have to worry anymore.

Latest posts