Dont give up on division and Hawks offense

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
mikeak":2zuwdofp said:
Kap is a future great qb but he is going through his first few games as starting qb. Mistakes will happen. Also shots downfield have a higher chance of getting picked off than shorter passes. Alex Smith is very good at playing mistake free football but slower to get to the goalline. With Kap the 49ers can win games they are leading but also make up points quickly when they are down. With Alex Smith they had more of an issue when they would be down 1-2 touchdowns and I think that is why the switch happened.

So with that said - if they are going to loose against AZ I think it is becuase of a few untimely picks that turns into Cardinal points. I don't think those points would happen with Alex Smith. Kapernick is playing to win games like last night - if every game was like teams like AZ then Alex Smith would still be the starting qb.....

+1

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think Kap is good and a whole lot of fun to watch (if you're not preoccupied with hating him because he's a damn dirty 49'er) but I think he's probably prone to wild swings of inconsistency that Alex Smith is not. Smith would never be the sole reason they won, but he'd never poop the bed and give one away either. Dictionary definition of a Steady Eddie. Kap looks like he could go all "gunslinger" at a moments notice and throw half a dozen picks (or half a dozen TD's). Assuming we beat SF at home (because this whole discussion is moot if we don't) our chances at the division depend entirely on which Kap shows up to play Arizona.

I too am holding out hope at this point, but it's more of a Lloyd Christmas "so you're saying there's a chance" type of hope as opposed to anything I'd put money on.

NorCal

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2lkwh4cm said:
Kap is an average QB at best.

His 4th TD pass was a terribly thrown ball to a wide open man. He overthrows constantly, he's inaccurate and he makes a few poor decisions. He has a gun for an arm and obviously very mobile, but if he wasn't playing on a great team he would look like Brandon Weeden more than Tom Brady.

This is patently false. He is accurate and rarely makes poor decisions. He takes care of the ball. Sounds like your bias is blinding you on Kap. Even the analysts who watch tape on him say he makes his progressions and is accurate. And, he is staying in the pocket more and more with his eyes downfield.

But don't take my word for it. See for yourself on Sunday

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
NorCal":1nzrnjge said:
SonicHawk":1nzrnjge said:

His 4th TD pass was a terribly thrown ball to a wide open man. He overthrows constantly, he's inaccurate and he makes a few poor decisions. He has a gun for an arm and obviously very mobile, but if he wasn't playing on a great team he would look like Brandon Weeden more than Tom Brady.

This is patently false. He is accurate and rarely makes poor decisions. He takes care of the ball. Sounds like your bias is blinding you on Kap. Even the analysts who watch tape on him say he makes his progressions and is accurate. And, he is staying in the pocket more and more with his eyes downfield.

Boooooo!

Largent80

Reaction score
The n.e. defense is a sieve. Ours is not. Also, our offense is on fire. Too bad fo the whiners. They have a multifaceted team to defend this time

mikeak

Reaction score
Dreo":1195yjzr said:
This link shows the 49ers holding the #2 playoff spot and lists the reason as "NFC West Champ".

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type ... rder/false

Did I miss something?

Yes the X over on the left side stating clinched playoff unlike a Z which says clinched division. They hold the 2 ranking as currently West Champs / leaders - once a team locks that spot they get the Z

Dreo

Reaction score
mikeak":2aok3jq3 said:
Dreo":2aok3jq3 said:
This link shows the 49ers holding the #2 playoff spot and lists the reason as "NFC West Champ".

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type ... rder/false

Did I miss something?

Yes the X over on the left side stating clinched playoff unlike a Z which says clinched division. They hold the 2 ranking as currently West Champs / leaders - once a team locks that spot they get the Z

Ah gotcha, right. Though I would prefer if they listed the reason as "NFC West Leader". :x

zhawk

Reaction score
NorCal":16692su3 said:
SonicHawk":16692su3 said:

some of the same analysts have detracted from seattles accomplishments as well. I liked kap coming out for the draft and never thought we could get Wilson. kap scares me a little, but I believe in dangeruss.

Latest posts