Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Question on OL
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:41 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:53 pm
Posts: 352
Location: Reno, Nevada
I guess i'm supersticious, as the Hawks have been on a roll of lately, I've not watched their games, for one, they are not on TV often in Reno and two, don't jinx whats working. I have to admit, being a fan since 76, there have only been a handful of joy seasons and this is setting up to be one.

Now, since I've not watched many games, I have to ask, how is the OL performing? It seems everything starts up front and the numbers i'm seeing are eye popping and I could only assume it's Cable and CO. that are setting the way.

Thanks.

_________________
"A superstar can win any game; however, a team can win every game".


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on OL
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:44 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10236
Location: Vancouver, WA
Good run blocking. Quite good. Marshawn ain't #2 in the NFL in rush yds. on his own. Decent pass pro. Russ has to scramble around a bit too much on straight dropbacks to my eyes, but it isn't horrible either.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on OL
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:03 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:26 am
Posts: 325
Location: Cashmere, WA
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
Good run blocking. Quite good. Marshawn ain't #2 in the NFL in rush yds. on his own. Decent pass pro. Russ has to scramble around a bit too much on straight dropbacks to my eyes, but it isn't horrible either.



Agree. Although I do think we will pick up another OL in the early draft again next year. Now that we have something special running the offense , The FO are going to want to make him as "comfortable" as possible and protect their investment.

_________________
______________________________

Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

GO HAWKS!! OUR SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on OL
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:11 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:17 am
Posts: 2231
Location: St George, UT
Cable guy :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers: :0190l:

_________________
Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on OL
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:35 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:56 pm
Posts: 1746
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
nwgamer wrote:
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
Good run blocking. Quite good. Marshawn ain't #2 in the NFL in rush yds. on his own. Decent pass pro. Russ has to scramble around a bit too much on straight dropbacks to my eyes, but it isn't horrible either.



Agree. Although I do think we will pick up another OL in the early draft again next year. Now that we have something special running the offense , The FO are going to want to make him as "comfortable" as possible and protect their investment.


I really hope you are right. RW has taken a few frightening hits this year.

_________________
"I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on OL
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:16 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Posts: 8923
I love Breno's nastiness, but RT and RG seem to be the weeknesses on the line. Not bad, but not our strength. Unger and Okung are solid if not very good in all areas. Moffitt has been good when in at RG, but with all the injuries at RG, it hasn't been a strength either. Overall, the more they are together, the better they are (duh). Run blocking seems to be quite a bit ahead of pass blocking at this point.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on OL
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:23 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm
Posts: 1840
Overall they look pretty good. Unger is doing very well and seems to get into the 2nd level on a regular basis. He is a very powerful man and helps others a lot.

Russell - I had concerns in the early season with him in fast rushes , he seems to have solved it. He is excellent at both pass and run plays and considering his injury history he is quick for a big man. Can be a technical blocker and is a great pass blocker in the Cable system. When he cuts someone , they are down. Really playing at a high level, great use of leverage and his big body

The right side is average, better as run blockers and get some nice holes. Breno is a powerful guy that could be better of he used more technique. He can wear down as a result of a lot of Mano e Mano in his game.

Paul does a good job, he is good at walling off pash rushers and has good technique in run blocks. Not a real powerful guy , uses a lot of technique , not a bad thing just different. A very steady player, not flashy but seldom screws up

John Moffitt. The weak link I hate to write it he's a great guy and funny in Mike Robb's videos. He screws up a lot, by keeping his center too high and lacking in both technique and power. To beat him bull rush him he backs up right away due to his tendency to get on his heels. Not powerful in run blocks , he likes to hit at an angle and slide along the D Lineman walling them off. If it works it works well, the problem is if he misses the block the hole is crushed.
He needs some more work and like Unger when a Rookie some gym time. Long term I think he will be fine.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on OL
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:28 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Posts: 8923
Happypuppy wrote:
Overall they look pretty good. Unger is doing very well and seems to get into the 2nd level on a regular basis. He is a very powerful man and helps others a lot.

Russell - I had concerns in the early season with him in fast rushes , he seems to have solved it. He is excellent at both pass and run plays and considering his injury history he is quick for a big man. Can be a technical blocker and is a great pass blocker in the Cable system. When he cuts someone , they are down. Really playing at a high level, great use of leverage and his big body

The right side is average, better as run blockers and get some nice holes. Breno is a powerful guy that could be better of he used more technique. He can wear down as a result of a lot of Mano e Mano in his game.

Paul does a good job, he is good at walling off pash rushers and has good technique in run blocks. Not a real powerful guy , uses a lot of technique , not a bad thing just different. A very steady player, not flashy but seldom screws up

John Moffitt. The weak link I hate to write it he's a great guy and funny in Mike Robb's videos. He screws up a lot, by keeping his center too high and lacking in both technique and power. To beat him bull rush him he backs up right away due to his tendency to get on his heels. Not powerful in run blocks , he likes to hit at an angle and slide along the D Lineman walling them off. If it works it works well, the problem is if he misses the block the hole is crushed.
He needs some more work and like Unger when a Rookie some gym time. Long term I think he will be fine.


Good description of what's going on. Tho, I think Moffitt has been slightly better, but I don't feel strong enough about it to try and prove my point. Just a feeling. Anyway, your description of McQuistan makes me think of him as 'Chris Gray 2.0'.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on OL
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:33 am 
US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
Posts: 1454
Location: Smokey Point
As a unit, I would rate them at average or barely above average.
A healthy Carp will help a lot IMO. Some of the guys just need more reps and as continuity increases, so does their results.
Depth is improved and I do not quake in fear if Sweezy, Omiyale, or Jean Pierre have to come in as a backup.
Overall health of the unit seems better now than in the recent past.
No old men on this line and I look for improvement next year.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on OL
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:08 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10236
Location: Vancouver, WA
Jazzhawk wrote:
Happypuppy wrote:
Overall they look pretty good. Unger is doing very well and seems to get into the 2nd level on a regular basis. He is a very powerful man and helps others a lot.

Russell - I had concerns in the early season with him in fast rushes , he seems to have solved it. He is excellent at both pass and run plays and considering his injury history he is quick for a big man. Can be a technical blocker and is a great pass blocker in the Cable system. When he cuts someone , they are down. Really playing at a high level, great use of leverage and his big body

The right side is average, better as run blockers and get some nice holes. Breno is a powerful guy that could be better of he used more technique. He can wear down as a result of a lot of Mano e Mano in his game.

Paul does a good job, he is good at walling off pash rushers and has good technique in run blocks. Not a real powerful guy , uses a lot of technique , not a bad thing just different. A very steady player, not flashy but seldom screws up

John Moffitt. The weak link I hate to write it he's a great guy and funny in Mike Robb's videos. He screws up a lot, by keeping his center too high and lacking in both technique and power. To beat him bull rush him he backs up right away due to his tendency to get on his heels. Not powerful in run blocks , he likes to hit at an angle and slide along the D Lineman walling them off. If it works it works well, the problem is if he misses the block the hole is crushed.
He needs some more work and like Unger when a Rookie some gym time. Long term I think he will be fine.


Good description of what's going on. Tho, I think Moffitt has been slightly better, but I don't feel strong enough about it to try and prove my point. Just a feeling. Anyway, your description of McQuistan makes me think of him as 'Chris Gray 2.0'.

Was gonna say the exact same thing. Beat me to it. :D

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on OL
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:16 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5209
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
McQuistan kinda sucks. Okung is a boss, seriously, a total boss.

Giac has his bad moments.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on OL
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:49 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm
Posts: 1047
Hey Reno, I am headed down to Reno next Sunday to visit family, have you found any good bars that are Seahawk friendly? I know when I lived there it was all 9ers all the time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.