Are you scared of this Niner's Defense?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Largent80 wrote:I think they better be scared of our offense.

How so? I seem to remember the 49ers blowing out the Jets and Bills and then getting a beat down by the Giants. Blowing out the Bills is a weak measuring stick to gauge how great an offence is.
    BayAreafbfan
    NET Practice Squad

• Damn it is easy to hate Niner fans. Ughh....
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• BayAreafbfan wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:I think they better be scared of our offense.

How so? I seem to remember the 49ers blowing out the Jets and Bills and then getting a beat down by the Giants. Blowing out the Bills is a weak measuring stick to gauge how great an offence is.

And who asked you to do that? If you're going to continue to just find arguing points forever you might find yourself in the short stay unit here.

:141847_bnono:

Oh yeah, getting tied and then beaten by St. Louis might be the same on your side of the ball.
    Please God, give us some football,,,quickly!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote:
    BayAreafbfan wrote:

And who asked you to do that? If you're going to continue to just find arguing points forever you might find yourself in the short stay unit here.

Oh yeah, getting tied and then beaten by St. Louis might be the same on your side of the ball.

No denying that. Those two Rams game were terrible. Just pointing out that blowing out two bottom feeder teams in a row doesn't mean you have a top tier NFL offence. They are good wins and I credit you that but we have all seen this time and time again in the NFL over the years.
    BayAreafbfan
    NET Practice Squad

• your point is pointless... good teams beat bad teams badly.... good offenses score on good defenses, case in point last night...good offenses destroy bad defenses, case in point yesterday and last week...

this game is going to come down to dicipline, taking care of the ball, and executing and making plays....

niners will make their plays , hawks will make their plays, whoever makes the key plays will win..

point is you barely beat us at your place, when we had a rookie qb under center and backs and recievers who couldn't catch a cold... guarentee that offense will not be on the field come sunday... and i also guarentee the 12th man will be raging, this is a playoff game for us... you will get our best.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• The niners are overrated.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• T-Sizzle wrote:The niners are overrated.

Don't let your hatred for them get in the way of common sense.
    They are one of the best teams in the league and we will need to bring our A game this week in order to beat them.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• BayAreafbfan wrote:
    The Radish wrote:
    BayAreafbfan wrote:How so? I seem to remember the 49ers blowing out the Jets and Bills and then getting a beat down by the Giants. Blowing out the Bills is a weak measuring stick to gauge how great an offence is.

No denying that. Those two Rams game were terrible. Just pointing out that blowing out two bottom feeder teams in a row doesn't mean you have a top tier NFL offence. They are good wins and I credit you that but we have all seen this time and time again in the NFL over the years.

Actually, it kind of does. Seattle is top 5 in point differential and point differential is a better predictor of future wins than won/loss record.

Although, an interesting thing about that. SF beat the Pats but the Pats were overrated, as I said far and wide before the game. I expected this win. The Patriots run up the score against every team they can. They play an aggressive passing offense to the very end and usually tack on 1 or 2 extra touchdowns. Then the media builds them up like they're the best team in 10 years. Point differential is a great predictor EXCEPT when compared to a couple other elite teams like Seattle[1] and SF, who don't run up the score. When the Patriots play truly elite teams, they're exposed as only elite, and not all-timer status.

[1] Seattle has finished two games this season on long time eating drives. In the last two games when they've "run up the score" according to the media because of specific single plays they've highlighted, Seattle has put a tiny handful of extra points on the board, I think 10 total out of over 100. They could have easily scored 70+ each game. These point differentials were legit indicators of quality.
    formido
    NET Starter

• BayAreafbfan wrote:

How so? How about we were just beginning with a new quarterback and instibility on the oline. When we played you the first time. This team resembles that one in uniform only.

Argue all you want but this offense is clicking and confident, and if sf tries that trap shit on us this game they are in for a long day
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Tanzania.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• BayAreafbfan wrote:Blowing out the Bills is a weak measuring stick to gauge how great an offence is.

Agreed, but all we have to do is look back to week 5 to see how a large number of Niner fans had annoited themselves the offensive juggernaut.

Pretty typical though, Its only OK if the Niners do it, just like with everything else.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Throwdown wrote:
    49elite wrote:
    bryantology79 wrote:never scared, but more worried about their offense with the added element of kap's legs. would love to see chancellor catch him by surprise and light him up

I know what u mean..I would love to see Goldson catch that little #3 slipping :D

You know... As soon as that happened Kaepernick would have the biggest target on his head from our head hunters right? Y'all don't want that kind of problem, do you?

Lol yea and we're gonna blow bubbles at RW if you guys try to take out Kap
    49elite
    NET Bench Warmer

• We can argue and argue and argue and argue and argue and argue...

But let Sunday do the talking. Go Hawks!
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie

• No.
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• Not really.

But I am scared, terrified really, of their running game. They destroyed us in San Francisco and that was with Alan Branch, who could miss next weekend.

I still think Seattle wins. If Carroll has any sense he will blitz Kaepernick into brain death, he's not a good QB under pressure but give him time and he might as well be Brett Favre.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:Not really.

But I am scared, terrified really, of their running game. They destroyed us in San Francisco and that was with Alan Branch, who could miss next weekend.

I still think Seattle wins. If Carroll has any sense he will blitz Kaepernick into brain death, he's not a good QB under pressure but give him time and he might as well be Brett Favre.

My thoughts exactly, Kearly. What i got to think the gameplan for the Hawks is to get up early. This is really the only way to really beat the niners, like the Vikings and Giants showed. Their running game is deadly, but if you are up a few scores that neutralizes it.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Niners D is obviously damn good. However, so is our Offense right now, and we are in OUR HOUSE. Not scared one bit. We are as good as the Niners, time to show it on Sunday.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information