We're better off as the #5 seed

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
We're better off as the #5 seed
Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:34 am
  • Anything to avoid the Packers in Green Bay until the NFC Championship. Playing at the NFC East champ then at Atlanta doesn't scare me as much as playing in Green Bay.
    PhillySeahawk
    NET Rookie

Re: We're better off as the #5 seed
Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:39 am
  • We are going to have to do this on the road, which is a very difficult task. However, the team that beat us in the SB did exactly that.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:40 am
  • This is assuming the 6th seed doesn't win their first game as well. Then we'd end up playing at GB/San Fran in the second round, regardless. Agreed that our opening round game would be better in this situation though.
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:05 am
  • Largent80 wrote:We are going to have to do this on the road, which is a very difficult task. However, the team that beat us in the SB did exactly that.

I thought it was Carolina that were the road warriors during those playoffs?
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:48 am
  • Playing in Green Bay might actually favor us. The weather should be bad, which favors the pound it out on the ground type of football we accel at and they don't.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:49 am
  • I have a feeling if NE would have won, you wouldn't have posted this. I'll take a home game any day of the week against any team over an away game in the playoffs.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:51 am
  • taz291819 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:We are going to have to do this on the road, which is a very difficult task. However, the team that beat us in the SB did exactly that.

I thought it was Carolina that were the road warriors during those playoffs?

On the NFC side, maybe. They weren't feeling much like road warriors when they left Qwest Field. The 'Stealers,' I believe, were the sixth seed in the AFC that year. If I remember right, they whipped Denver and the highly favored Colts along the way. The Colts had HFA througout, so they were well rested for the game.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:25 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:I have a feeling if NE would have won, you wouldn't have posted this. I'll take a home game any day of the week against any team over an away game in the playoffs.

Actually not true. I've been saying it for a couple of weeks now. Once the Bears lost to Green Bay and I knew the #2 seed was out of the question, I was rooting for New England. IMO, easier road to the NFC Championship as the #5 seed than the #3.
    PhillySeahawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:57 am
  • NFC #5 - Only 6 of 18 teams have advanced past the Wild Card round (33.3%) and only two teams (11.1%) have ever reached the Conference Championship. But only one NFC#5 seeded team has reached the Super Bowl, the 2007 New York Giants. And in that year they won it all.

NFC #6 - has to play at the minimum the #3 and #1 NFC seeded teams in the playoffs. However, unlike their AFC counterparts the NFC #6 seed tends to see a slightly greater amount of success. 9 NFC #6 seeded teams (50%) have advanced past the Wild Card round. No NFC #6 seeded team has ever advanced past the divisional playoff round.

http://voices.yahoo.com/a-look-nfc-team ... 7014.html/
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:59 am
  • lets just make the playoffs, im still worried about that. could care less who we play it'll be a tall task either way
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:03 am
  • GoldenIsThyTate wrote:lets just make the playoffs, im still worried about that. could care less who we play it'll be a tall task either way

All we have to do is win one of our two remaining home games.......one in which is against the Rams who will already have their golf clubs out and bags packed for Hawaii.

If we lose the next two home games we don't deserve to go to the playoffs.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:05 am
  • Correct about the Stealers. That was the year the Bungles won the division and they took out Palmer and Kitna came on to lose the game.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:06 am
  • PhillySeahawk wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:I have a feeling if NE would have won, you wouldn't have posted this. I'll take a home game any day of the week against any team over an away game in the playoffs.

Actually not true. I've been saying it for a couple of weeks now. Once the Bears lost to Green Bay and I knew the #2 seed was out of the question, I was rooting for New England. IMO, easier road to the NFC Championship as the #5 seed than the #3.

If we beat SF the GB will be #2 and the #3 team will have to go to Green Bay if they beat #6. Of all the playoff teams GB and Seattle would be the two biggest homefield advantages in the NFC. If we lose to SF they could end up #2 and GB #3 meaning we are almost assured the #6 seed if we get in at all as we'd lose the tie breaker with NYG and WAS.

That is the worst case scenario. A win vs SF is huge for our confidence and playoff positioning. i'd much rather Have SF be #3 seed and even if we lose to Rams and get #6 seed I know we can win at candelstick, we almost did it on thursday night playing as carppy as we did.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:15 am
  • PhillySeahawk wrote:Anything to avoid the Packers in Green Bay until the NFC Championship. Playing at the NFC East champ then at Atlanta doesn't scare me as much as playing in Green Bay.

I do not fear playing in Green Bay; I look forward to it. Our boys will make fondue out of those cheese dicks and shut that haters up forever.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:21 am
  • Our best scenario is to Win!!!
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:46 am
  • At this point, the Seahawks just need to win. They have the luxury of playing their last two games at home. I feel that the way this team is playing, that they can win both of those games. They are all big and the best thing for the Seahawks is to give themselves the best seeding possible. Do the best they can to keep the pressure on.

This team is on a serious roll right now, they just need to keep that energy and they can beat anyone regardless of their seeding.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:56 am
  • Wenhawk wrote:NFC #5 - Only 6 of 18 teams have advanced past the Wild Card round (33.3%) and only two teams (11.1%) have ever reached the Conference Championship. But only one NFC#5 seeded team has reached the Super Bowl, the 2007 New York Giants. And in that year they won it all.

NFC #6 - has to play at the minimum the #3 and #1 NFC seeded teams in the playoffs. However, unlike their AFC counterparts the NFC #6 seed tends to see a slightly greater amount of success. 9 NFC #6 seeded teams (50%) have advanced past the Wild Card round. No NFC #6 seeded team has ever advanced past the divisional playoff round.

http://voices.yahoo.com/a-look-nfc-team ... 7014.html/

Not true - Green Bay won the Super Bowl year before last as the #6 NFC team (same year we were 7-9 and beat NOLA).
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:13 am
  • Green Bay doesn't scare me in the slightest
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:42 am
  • PhillySeahawk wrote:Anything to avoid the Packers in Green Bay until the NFC Championship. Playing at the NFC East champ then at Atlanta doesn't scare me as much as playing in Green Bay.

After Seattle beats the whiners, Green Bay will be the #2 seed.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:46 am
  • Shaz wrote:Green Bay doesn't scare me in the slightest

They should. They've won 10 of their past 11 games, should have beat us at home, and would have the most extra motivation of any playoff matchup against us.

If you don't think they'd be licking their lips at playing the Hawks at home in the playoffs, then you're fooling yourself.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:52 am
  • We embarrassed the Packers once, we can do it twice. They proved after the game against us they aren't mentally stable enough to be able to play us again without spazzing out and falling into a complete spiral. Guarantee they'd cry to the media about it again too.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:57 am
  • ensett wrote:We embarrassed the Packers once, we can do it twice. They proved after the game against us they aren't mentally stable enough to be able to play us again without spazzing out and falling into a complete spiral. Guarantee they'd cry to the media about it again too.

We embarrassed the Packers? I'd hardly call getting a gift TD on the last play of the game "embarrassing" somebody.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:03 am
  • Plus the packers are getting healthy, Clay Mathews is back, Greg Jennings is back, and Jordy will be back soon. Aaron Rodgers is probably the best QB in the league and it would take a miricle for the hawks to go into a disgruntled Green Bay and impose our will on them. I don't expect another 8 sack first half.

I want to play the floundering Giants or Cowboys, or a RGIII vs RW #3 and let the amazing rookies decided who is better. I'd alos love to be the team to knock out the Niners to creat an even more bitter rivialry.

ATL's homefield is nothing compared to the GB's
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:10 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    ensett wrote:We embarrassed the Packers once, we can do it twice. They proved after the game against us they aren't mentally stable enough to be able to play us again without spazzing out and falling into a complete spiral. Guarantee they'd cry to the media about it again too.

We embarrassed the Packers? I'd hardly call getting a gift TD on the last play of the game "embarrassing" somebody.

We sacked them 8 times and they were given gifts of their own, theres no "shouldnt have won" involved.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:40 am
  • Right. Don't pretend a 50/50 call exaggerated by the media into the worst call of all time makes the rest of the game go away. The Packers didn't beat Seattle in an any sort of predictive sense. It was an even game and Seattle was a lot worse back then.
    formido
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:47 am
  • I rather not have a bye.

I just have a bad feeling with bye's because the team gets rusty. Rather be hot!

Look what happened to the Packers last year, and us to Miami this year. Seems like a trend.
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:56 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    ensett wrote:We embarrassed the Packers once, we can do it twice. They proved after the game against us they aren't mentally stable enough to be able to play us again without spazzing out and falling into a complete spiral. Guarantee they'd cry to the media about it again too.

We sacked them 8 times and they were given gifts of their own, theres no "shouldnt have won" involved.

I never said we shouldn't have won (although there's a solid argument for that). I said "embarrassed" is not a word I'd use. 58-0, that's embarrassed. 50-17, that's embarrassed. 14-12 with last second controversial TD? Not embarrassed.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:49 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

None of those sacks in the 2nd half.
    PhillySeahawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:54 pm
  • rideaducati wrote:
    PhillySeahawk wrote:Anything to avoid the Packers in Green Bay until the NFC Championship. Playing at the NFC East champ then at Atlanta doesn't scare me as much as playing in Green Bay.

After Seattle beats the whiners, Green Bay will be the #2 seed.

Exactly my point. Avoid Green Bay in the NFCC semis. Barring a #6 seed upset (Vikes/Giants/Cowboys/Redskins going into San Fran and beating them), the #5 seed avoids the Packers until the NFC Championship.

Despite our publicized road woes, I think they're a thing of the past. I really like our chances at Washington/Dallas then at Atlanta. Green Bay in mid-January scares me. I think we matchup well (especially if Sherman is still playing) and absolutely can win, but now as confident as I am against any other NFC foe. The Russell Wilson coming back to Wisconsin angle is intriguing as well.
    PhillySeahawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:00 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    GoldenIsThyTate wrote:lets just make the playoffs, im still worried about that. could care less who we play it'll be a tall task either way

All we have to do is win one of our two remaining home games.......one in which is against the Rams who will already have their golf clubs out and bags packed for Hawaii.

If we lose the next two home games we don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

If we make it in, we deserve it. That includes if we lose out and get help to get in, though that isn't a likely scenario.

If we don't make it in, we don't deserve it.

This isn't the BCS.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information