Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NorCal":tpacxcaj said:
Scottemojo":tpacxcaj said:
pehawk":tpacxcaj said:
I'm not expecting any agreement from Hawks or 49er fans, but I'm no longer buying Kap. He'll di great given the wealth of offensive line beef, and the luxurious playcalling that allows Harbaugh n friends to make. But, I personally have abstract concerns over Kap.

He doesn't scare me as he once did. That sounds odd considering how he played last night, but, its my gut on him. We'll see...
So you are finally listening to the sense I have been making? Good.

Kaep is a sham. His success is predicated on max protect with two targets to choose between. He will pull it off for a while, there are some good weapons there, but his game is built on the same strong arm punchers chance Cutler has, and his physical skills are miles ahead of his comprehension.

I think time will expose some diva in the young man too.

Honestly, I don't think you are paying attention. Kap routinely runs through multiple progressions while in the pocket. Even NBC had a short segment on it last night before the game. And he makes throws into tight windows without turning the ball over much. He is very smart. But, your saying its your gut feeling. Fine, I guess time will tell.

Oh and I also think you are definitely wrong about LJames. He looks good. He has a 3.8 ypc average last night. Thats not bad for only his second game.

The great thing is we all get to see Kap v RW this week. And for the foreseeable future. They will settle it on the field
That they will.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
You know, the real reason I wanted NE to win was so we wouldn't have to deal with all the 49er fans showing up here.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm not wrong about LaMichael. I hope Harbaugh keeps it up with him.

NorCal

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":28kcbecg said:
You know, the real reason I wanted NE to win was so we wouldn't have to deal with all the 49er fans showing up here.

We were going to show up anyways bc it is Niners v Seahawks week.

pehawk

Reaction score
What was the issue vs Rams, Norcal? Was it good DB play?

I have bigger arms than your avatar.

amill87

Reaction score
A Pats player said it best, the Niners offense isn't having long sustained drives, they are having 2 or 3 play scoring drives.

How many time has Kaep done a 97 yard drive to tie a game and than an 80 yard drive to win it on the road?

The Niners defense is still carrying the team, the roles in Seattle have reversed and it's actually our offense carrying the team now. And that is what makes us so scary right now

manders2600

Reaction score
pehawk":2uefn5ww said:
What was the issue vs Rams, Norcal? Was it good DB play?

I have bigger arms than your avatar.

The issue was that the Rams D-Line beat the 49ers O-Line. Kaepernick had very little time in the pocket, and RB's got stuffed for little to no gain several times.

amill87

Reaction score
On the topic of Wilson playing at the highest level in the league and since you Niner fans love to talk about how good of QBR that Kaep has (I personally don't like the stat but whatever).

Wilson leads the entire league in total QBR since week 6. Yep that's right, he has a better qbr than Brady, Manning, and Rodgers.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
amill87":2nztugq4 said:
On the topic of Wilson playing at the highest level in the league and since you Niner fans love to talk about how good of QBR that Kaep has (I personally don't like the stat but whatever).

Wilson leads the entire league in total QBR since week 6. Yep that's right, he has a better qbr than Brady, Manning, and Rodgers.

To me QBR overvalues running too much. Just think about it, the one week Wilson scrambles for a career high in yardage and TD's he gets the best score ever. Also, Kaep somehow keeps getting these great QBR scores that it just doesn't look like he deserved.

Anyways, I hope we really make Kaep have his worst game of the season next sunday. Make Kaep perform badly, we will win.

Shaz

Reaction score
Lol I don't get it, why can't both teams have legit and awesome QB's?

No one thought these two would be in the conversation of QBOTF at the start of the season, and yet here they are, lighting up the league

drdiags

Reaction score
Come on Shaz, get with the hate program! Hee hee ...

9ers are a division rival, they are now the gold standard for the division and looked upon as one of the top teams in the NFL. Our guys need to see cracks in the foundation.

I would give both QBs another season before deeming them the truth. The interception yesterday by Kaep was a hiccup, but he seemed to have kept his cool pretty well. And I am not sure whether a TD took 2 to 3 plays or 18 makes a big difference. Shows more that you can make the big play consistently. Sure, if you score 31 and have milked most of the clock, maybe Brady cannot do the 28 pt comeback but who would turn down the scores?

I like our guy, seems the 9ers like theirs. Also looks like Harbaugh navigated a potential landmine with his decision to go to Kaep. Just makes his fans that much more confident in his leadership.

Young2Rice

Reaction score
Seahawks are cocky after putting up 50 against the Cardinals and Bills.

49ers defense isn't kidding around. Wilson needs to have the game of his life to beat the niners.

And oh, its not like your last game against the rams is a walk in the park either. They will be looking to knock you out of the playoffs. So are we

Game on!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Young2Rice":207atddc said:

Unlike the 49ers who were so humble when they beat the snot out of the Jets and Bills earlier this year.

NorCal

Reaction score
amill87":11n2k5rc said:

You'll never hear me touting QBR (such a contrived stat mess).

Its about wins and losses. If Kap throws for 150 and wins, I don't care.

amill87

Reaction score
NorCal":2z86ii64 said:
amill87":2z86ii64 said:

You'll never hear me touting QBR (such a contrived stat mess).

Its about wins and losses. If Kap throws for 150 and wins, I don't care.

I agree with you there but it think it is a stretch to say Kaep is winning you games. He is helping but your defense is still the shining star.

Whereas for the Hawks, excluding the Cards game, Wilson has been taking over games lately. Our defense has actually let him down in two of our losses. He won the Chicago game pretty much by himself. He completely took over the game yesterday.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Scottemojo":380z9t24 said:
pehawk":380z9t24 said:
I'm not expecting any agreement from Hawks or 49er fans, but I'm no longer buying Kap. He'll di great given the wealth of offensive line beef, and the luxurious playcalling that allows Harbaugh n friends to make. But, I personally have abstract concerns over Kap.

He doesn't scare me as he once did. That sounds odd considering how he played last night, but, its my gut on him. We'll see...
So you are finally listening to the sense I have been making? Good.

Kaep is a sham. His success is predicated on max protect with two targets to choose between. He will pull it off for a while, there are some good weapons there, but his game is built on the same strong arm punchers chance Cutler has, and his physical skills are miles ahead of his comprehension.

I think time will expose some diva in the young man too.

I doubt it about the diva thing. He's one of those Youth Group attending Christian fanatics, hell bent on trying to live like Jesus.

Dismas

Reaction score
Young2Rice":r7hp0wkt said:

49ers defense isn't kidding around. Wilson needs to have the game of his life to beat the niners.

And oh, its not like your last game against the rams is a walk in the park either. They will be looking to knock you out of the playoffs. So are we

Game on!

The beautiful part of it is this:

Every week, Russell has anewgame of his life. He has improved every.single.week. Every week! Of course, a time will come when hr DOESN'T get better the next week, but until I see it, I will continue to be confident that no matter how good he looked last week, next week is gonna be even better!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NorCal":23w8vvuy said:
Kap just beat NE in Foxboro in December, where NE hasn't lost in December in ten years, and oh, threw 4 tds. You guys nervous?

You don't even want to know what Wilson would be doing to opposing defenses if he had the best O-line in the NFL to stand behind. It'd certainly be a lot more than what Tattoo McSleeves has done thus far.

NorCal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":14eguhc1 said:
NorCal":14eguhc1 said:
Kap just beat NE in Foxboro in December, where NE hasn't lost in December in ten years, and oh, threw 4 tds. You guys nervous?

You don't even want to know what Wilson would be doing to opposing defenses if he had the best O-line in the NFL to stand behind. It'd certainly be a lot more than what Tattoo McSleeves has done thus far.

Oh come on. The Niners Oline is not the best in the league. Probably the best at run blocking but definitely not at pass blocking. They are like one of the worst at sacks allowed and holding calls.

If Kap outperforms RW this week, will you give credit where credit is due? I will if RW outperforms Kap. Actually, I am pretty excited that these two guys get to play each other twice a year for the foreseeable future. Should really help the budding rivalry