Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:32 pm
  • I think not. He's gonna fold in the 4th
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:33 pm
  • No chance. Wilson never throws the pick in the end zone.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:34 pm
  • I'm SO not sold on him. As I said in the other thread, I see a lot of flaws masked by that wealth of talent across their line.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:34 pm
  • Like a house of cards. Or Cardinals.

Both equally incapable of withstanding the DangeRuss.
    Pete Carroll + John Schneider = Always Compete
    PGunning101
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:49 pm
  • Yep...he sure folded. Pats losing now.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:49 pm
  • FUUUUUUUUU....
    Pete Carroll + John Schneider = Always Compete
    PGunning101
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:20 pm
  • foot in mouth thread
    GeorgeKush
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:51 pm
  • LOL lets put it this way OP, if all the QBs sat at lunch tables like in middle school the popular kids wouldn't let Kap sit with them even if he shared his oreos
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:16 pm
  • Kaep throws 4 TD passes. Last time a 49er QB did that? 2003.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:16 pm
  • Kap just beat NE in Foxboro in December, where NE hasn't lost in December in ten years, and oh, threw 4 tds. You guys nervous?
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:25 pm
  • NorCal wrote:... You guys nervous?

Nope, just getting our usual hate on.

Nothing to be nervous about. Win and the team is in, lose out and the team gets to watch. Division title is not a strong possibility, so first things first. Glad to see you guys are back, must have won or something? Though I wish our guys would just give up the complex with the 9ers. But that is what they like to do. Personally, congrats on the win. Shows your team is built to play deep into the post season but doesn't mean they will. That goes for everybody.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:27 pm
  • Wilson>Kaepernick.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:32 pm
  • NorCal wrote:Kap just beat NE in Foxboro in December, where NE hasn't lost in December in ten years, and oh, threw 4 tds. You guys nervous?

You think the Seahawks defense is gonna just lay an egg like NE's? You guys pulled off a pretty impressive win but you just about choked it away by giving up 28 (!!!!) unanswered points in less than a quarter.

We just put up 50 points in back to back games, when have the Niners ever done that? Oh not to mention, we have a QB who may be playing at the highest level in the entire league now.

So let me ask you, are you nervous?
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:40 pm
  • I'm not nervous about Kaep at all.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:57 pm
  • amill87 wrote:
    NorCal wrote:Kap just beat NE in Foxboro in December, where NE hasn't lost in December in ten years, and oh, threw 4 tds. You guys nervous?

You think the Seahawks defense is gonna just lay an egg like NE's? You guys pulled off a pretty impressive win but you just about choked it away by giving up 28 (!!!!) unanswered points in less than a quarter.

We just put up 50 points in back to back games, when have the Niners ever done that? Oh not to mention, we have a QB who may be playing at the highest level in the entire league now.

So let me ask you, are you nervous?

It's nice to beat the Bills and all.

Earlier this season the 49ers beat them 45-3 and amassed a franchise-record 621 yards of offense, without needing a fake punt to do it.

Wilson is playing well, but he's not playing at the highest level in the league. C'mon.

As with the last time these two teams matched up, this game will come down to physical line play, and who makes the fewest mistakes.
    manders2600
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:22 pm
  • Da champs are coming.
    Young2Rice
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:27 pm
  • Weird how you guys all funnel back after wins....
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:32 pm
  • manders2600 wrote:It's nice to beat the Bills and all.

Earlier this season the 49ers beat them 45-3 and amassed a franchise-record 621 yards of offense, without needing a fake punt to do it.

Wilson is playing well, but he's not playing at the highest level in the league. C'mon.

As with the last time these two teams matched up, this game will come down to physical line play, and who makes the fewest mistakes.

Actualy he just put up the best QBR that any QB has scored in any game this season. So he just might be playing at the highest level in the league.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:46 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    manders2600 wrote:It's nice to beat the Bills and all.

Actualy he just put up the best QBR that any QB has scored in any game this season. So he just might be playing at the highest level in the league.

He's also the first QB in league history to have 3 rushing TDS and a passing TD in a half.

Keep denying it, I said it in my post in the main forum but you guys better enjoy this season because it's the last time you win the division for awhile.
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:49 pm
  • Oh and by the way, we beat NE too.

And we gave up less points in the whole game than you guys did in one quarter.
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:58 pm
  • Not on the road you didn't
    heyu123
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:12 am
  • Being on the road doesn't excuse giving up 24 points in one quarter.
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:31 am
  • Happens to everyone. You guys gave up 17 in one to the Dolphins
    heyu123
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:36 am
  • heyu123 wrote:Happens to everyone. You guys gave up 17 in one to the Dolphins

And we were all worried to death about our defense. Pretending that it's no big deal to blow a 28 point lead is foolish. You guys pulled it out in the end but that has to be some concern there, if it was the Hawks instead of the Niners in that game tonight, I would be loving that we won but I would be pretty concerned that our bad ass defense almost blew it. I definitely wouldn't be going and trying to trash talk the Niners...
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:48 am
  • Yeah, and see how much your worriness was misplaced? Lo and behold the Hawks still have a really good D despite a little hiccup.

You make way too much of one half vs the best offensive team in the NFL. It's a comical sample size not even worth discussing. Especially since no other team has a QB as good as Tom Brady.
    heyu123
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:29 am
  • amill87 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    manders2600 wrote:It's nice to beat the Bills and all.

He's also the first QB in league history to have 3 rushing TDS and a passing TD in a half.

Keep denying it, I said it in my post in the main forum but you guys better enjoy this season because it's the last time you win the division for awhile.

Against the Bills. You can certainly be justified in saying that Wilson had the best game of any QB this week, but saying that he is playing at the highest level of any QB in the league because he blew the doors off the Bills and the Cardinals is a bit much.

To be a contender you have to be able to beat playoff teams on the road, either to get home-field advantage or to survive in the playoffs without it. As it stands today, Seattle has played exactly one playoff team on the road (the 49ers) and lost. Until Seattle can beat good teams without that great home-field advantage, they aren't taking the division.
    manders2600
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:39 am
  • heyu123 wrote:Yeah, and see how much your worriness was misplaced? Lo and behold the Hawks still have a really good D despite a little hiccup.

You make way too much of one half vs the best offensive team in the NFL. It's a comical sample size not even worth discussing. Especially since no other team has a QB as good as Tom Brady.

Man our defense isnt what it was in the beginning still, CJ Spiller was cutting us up.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:16 am
  • mistaowen wrote:Weird how you guys all funnel back after wins....

I was thinking the same thing. Almost every last post on my tapatalk was from a Niners fan. Kind of funny actually.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:57 am
  • Young2Rice wrote:Da champs are coming.

No, we don't play the Giants this season, unless it's in the playoffs.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:03 am
  • Look who decided to finally come crawling back after being silent for weeks....

I'll be honest; this is the game I've wanted since our loss to you earlier this season.
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:13 am
  • FortWorthSeahawk wrote:Look who decided to finally come crawling back after being silent for weeks....

I'll be honest; this is the game I've wanted since our loss to you earlier this season.

Last time I spent significant time here, you guys were 4-4 and completely irrelevant. Now you're 9-5 and knocking on the playoff doors. There was no reason to be here a few weeks ago.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:31 am
  • Play it off however you want.
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:32 am
  • Regardless of who we have beat, it is HOW we have beaten them that matters. I would like to think that at this point teams really don't want to be playing us.

And Wilson is way cool.

:49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:02 am
  • I'm not expecting any agreement from Hawks or 49er fans, but I'm no longer buying Kap. He'll di great given the wealth of offensive line beef, and the luxurious playcalling that allows Harbaugh n friends to make. But, I personally have abstract concerns over Kap.

He doesn't scare me as he once did. That sounds odd considering how he played last night, but, its my gut on him. We'll see...
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:07 am
  • pehawk wrote:I'm not expecting any agreement from Hawks or 49er fans, but I'm no longer buying Kap. He'll di great given the wealth of offensive line beef, and the luxurious playcalling that allows Harbaugh n friends to make. But, I personally have abstract concerns over Kap.

He doesn't scare me as he once did. That sounds odd considering how he played last night, but, its my gut on him. We'll see...

So you are finally listening to the sense I have been making? Good.

Kaep is a sham. His success is predicated on max protect with two targets to choose between. He will pull it off for a while, there are some good weapons there, but his game is built on the same strong arm punchers chance Cutler has, and his physical skills are miles ahead of his comprehension.

I think time will expose some diva in the young man too.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:13 am
  • Agreed, scott. And, my opinion changed, he used to scare me.

I'm liking how stubborn Harbaugh is. LaMichael had no business being out there last night, or ever, really.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:14 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I'm not expecting any agreement from Hawks or 49er fans, but I'm no longer buying Kap. He'll di great given the wealth of offensive line beef, and the luxurious playcalling that allows Harbaugh n friends to make. But, I personally have abstract concerns over Kap.

Kaep is a sham. His success is predicated on max protect with two targets to choose between. He will pull it off for a while, there are some good weapons there, but his game is built on the same strong arm punchers chance Cutler has, and his physical skills are miles ahead of his comprehension.

I agree with the first two paragraphs. I don't agree with the final line, though, as much as I want to. I just can't buy the diva notion when Kaepernick wanted to play college ball so bad he accepted the only offer he had from Nevada (the football powerhouse). I hope you're right, but I don't see it, unless Harbaugh really has an effect on him.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:17 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Regardless of who we have beat, it is HOW we have beaten them that matters. I would like to think that at this point teams really don't want to be playing us.

And Wilson is way cool.

:49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

Teams don't want to play Seattle . . . in Seattle.
    manders2600
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:58 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I'm not expecting any agreement from Hawks or 49er fans, but I'm no longer buying Kap. He'll di great given the wealth of offensive line beef, and the luxurious playcalling that allows Harbaugh n friends to make. But, I personally have abstract concerns over Kap.

I agree with the first two paragraphs. I don't agree with the final line, though, as much as I want to. I just can't buy the diva notion when Kaepernick wanted to play college ball so bad he accepted the only offer he had from Nevada (the football powerhouse). I hope you're right, but I don't see it, unless Harbaugh really has an effect on him.

It has nothing to do with Harbaugh, it is an opinion of him that I formed during the week of the Senior Bowl 2 years back. I don't question his love of ball, I think there is a lot of I in team for him. Not saying it will define him, just that it will be a factor in some key moments. There are going to be some times when he puts more faith in his athletic talents and his arm than in his scheme and his team.
    Last edited by Scottemojo on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:58 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:

Honestly, I don't think you are paying attention. Kap routinely runs through multiple progressions while in the pocket. Even NBC had a short segment on it last night before the game. And he makes throws into tight windows without turning the ball over much. He is very smart. But, your saying its your gut feeling. Fine, I guess time will tell.

Oh and I also think you are definitely wrong about LJames. He looks good. He has a 3.8 ypc average last night. Thats not bad for only his second game.

The great thing is we all get to see Kap v RW this week. And for the foreseeable future. They will settle it on the field
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:01 am
  • NorCal wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:

Honestly, I don't think you are paying attention. Kap routinely runs through multiple progressions while in the pocket. Even NBC had a short segment on it last night before the game. And he makes throws into tight windows without turning the ball over much. He is very smart. But, your saying its your gut feeling. Fine, I guess time will tell.

Oh and I also think you are definitely wrong about LJames. He looks good. He has a 3.8 ypc average last night. Thats not bad for only his second game.

The great thing is we all get to see Kap v RW this week. And for the foreseeable future. They will settle it on the field

That they will.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:09 am
  • You know, the real reason I wanted NE to win was so we wouldn't have to deal with all the 49er fans showing up here.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:23 am
  • I'm not wrong about LaMichael. I hope Harbaugh keeps it up with him.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:31 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:You know, the real reason I wanted NE to win was so we wouldn't have to deal with all the 49er fans showing up here.

We were going to show up anyways bc it is Niners v Seahawks week.
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:36 am
  • What was the issue vs Rams, Norcal? Was it good DB play?

I have bigger arms than your avatar.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:42 am
  • A Pats player said it best, the Niners offense isn't having long sustained drives, they are having 2 or 3 play scoring drives.

How many time has Kaep done a 97 yard drive to tie a game and than an 80 yard drive to win it on the road?

The Niners defense is still carrying the team, the roles in Seattle have reversed and it's actually our offense carrying the team now. And that is what makes us so scary right now
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:47 am
  • pehawk wrote:What was the issue vs Rams, Norcal? Was it good DB play?

I have bigger arms than your avatar.

The issue was that the Rams D-Line beat the 49ers O-Line. Kaepernick had very little time in the pocket, and RB's got stuffed for little to no gain several times.
    manders2600
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:48 am
  • On the topic of Wilson playing at the highest level in the league and since you Niner fans love to talk about how good of QBR that Kaep has (I personally don't like the stat but whatever).

Wilson leads the entire league in total QBR since week 6. Yep that's right, he has a better qbr than Brady, Manning, and Rodgers.
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:55 am
  • amill87 wrote:On the topic of Wilson playing at the highest level in the league and since you Niner fans love to talk about how good of QBR that Kaep has (I personally don't like the stat but whatever).

Wilson leads the entire league in total QBR since week 6. Yep that's right, he has a better qbr than Brady, Manning, and Rodgers.

To me QBR overvalues running too much. Just think about it, the one week Wilson scrambles for a career high in yardage and TD's he gets the best score ever. Also, Kaep somehow keeps getting these great QBR scores that it just doesn't look like he deserved.

Anyways, I hope we really make Kaep have his worst game of the season next sunday. Make Kaep perform badly, we will win.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:27 am
  • Lol I don't get it, why can't both teams have legit and awesome QB's?

No one thought these two would be in the conversation of QBOTF at the start of the season, and yet here they are, lighting up the league
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Next

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information