Wilson throwing

Renohawk

Reaction score
Does anyone else see Wilson's throwing on the run, similar to that of a baseball player fielding a ball and throwing to a base. I think his baseball career and talents have helped him develop throwing on the run and his accuracy.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
When he is under center it looks like a 2nd baseman ready to field a ball.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
It is really evident when he throws right to left cross body. His accuracy is uncanny while doing so. He is even more effective when we let him move in the pocket like yesterday

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Colin Kaspernick also played Baseball ... do you think Jim Harbaugh looked at Pete Caroll's Russell Wilson decision and said... I can also throw a baseball player at you !!! Take that NFL !!!

Here are some more similarities between the decisions by Pete Caroll and Harbaugh ... ?

Caroll thought ..."The hell with tradition, Matt Flynn is a good thrower, but I'm throwing the QB onto the field, who gives me the better chances to win long term, even if it means losing a few games early". Just ask the Diamonbacks, the Bills, the Patriots, the Jets, the Bears, ...
Harbaugh countered ... "The hell with tradition. I'm throwing aside conventional thinking and throwing Alex Smith under the Bus. I want the guy who gives me better changes to win long term". Just ask the Patriots, the Dolphins, ...
Is the traditional QB ... on the way out? Should QBs be asked to know how to run as well?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
So, now he's no longer a 'Point Guard' QB..... he's a 2nd Baseman QB?? Geesh....To me, he's just a really good QB.

kjreid

Reaction score
Did you notice how Wilson "steps' into his throws. It's like stepping into a fastball and hitting it over the fence. Baseball has be REAL GOOD to Wilson.

Hawker

Reaction score
It's not that far of a reach to say there is probably some small connection between throwing off-balance in both sports. Hell I can stand still during both my baseball and golf swings, I think one compliments the other, so sure, why not.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
And he takes off like he's running to first base!

And when the play is broken, he runs for the first like he's stealing a base!

Oh yeah! Oh yeah!

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
...and when he runs out of bounds, he slows up like he just ran a ball out to first base.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.