Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Russell Wilson's QBR today...
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:55 pm 
* NET Starfish *

That's the best game for ANY QB this season. Whether you put stock in that 'stat' or not, that's still pretty freaking awesome.

Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's QBR today...
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:58 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Awesome. He's good.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:59 pm 
NET Veteran

The youngster is flat out amazing. Our QBOTF is the QB of NOW. I love not having to worry about that anymore.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:01 pm 
NET Veteran

Hitting on all 8 cylinders at the right time. Definition of greatness right there.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:02 pm 
* NET Starfish *

Well, I'm gonna say this. If Wilson has two great games at home to end the season, and both are wins, I'm not sure how you DON'T give him ROY. Luck hasn't looked good the past couple of weeks, RG3 got hurt and Doug Martin disappeared today. Wilson has gone from strength to strength all season long. SO glad he's our QB.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:14 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

peachesenregalia wrote:

That's the best game for ANY QB this season. Whether you put stock in that 'stat' or not, that's still pretty freaking awesome.

I prefer the eyeball test to stats. It's that heart and mind and confidense which is displayed thats stats only comment on afterwards.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:16 pm 
NET Starter

he's my choice :th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:19 pm 
NET Veteran

400WattHPSHawk wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:

I prefer the eyeball test to stats. It's that heart and mind and confidense which is displayed thats stats only comment on afterwards.

This. Nothing phases this guy. When plays were breaking down at the beginning of the year you saw a little hesitation in him. Not anymore. Everytime you see him getting pressured I think something great is on the verge of happening now.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:20 pm 
NET Veteran

Howie Long raised the idea of RW being ROTY today and idiot Bradshaw could only talk about RG3...even after Long said "what if RW wins out"? That question stumped the swampman and he just rambled on into something else.

With RG3 out the past 2 weeks combined with Cousins stepping in and the team looking as good or better, I don't see how RG3 is still in the discussion. It's down to RW and Luck, IMO, and with two more wins added to a more impressive list of victims, I don't see how RW loses the award.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:20 pm 
NET Veteran

Sweet! This is a stat ESPN loves and are pimping it all the time... Russell's 99.3 score will get them talking about us.

If you care about that or not....whatever

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:58 pm 
NET Veteran

I think it was so high because he ran at the right time and converted on crucial downs, most of his incompletions were throwaways not errant passes, and besides that he was perfect

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:37 pm 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Well, I'm gonna say this. If Wilson has two great games at home to end the season, and both are wins, I'm not sure how you DON'T give him ROY. Luck hasn't looked good the past couple of weeks, RG3 got hurt and Doug Martin disappeared today. Wilson has gone from strength to strength all season long. SO glad he's our QB.

Most media pundits have Luck as the real deal, because he came in as a rookie to a team that only had 3 wins last Season and is making a huge difference, never mind that the Colts sucked on perpose to get Mannings replacement.

The Colts were set on doing whatever it took, but loseing 13 on perpose?

BEFORE someone tries to dismiss my asertion, last Season was the only Season in a long time that they had such a terrible drop off, and then back in it again ??, I believe in coincidences as much as the next guy, but this is just too much a reach for the Colts IMHO
Wilson was overlooked and under valued because he didn't fit with all the Media experts criteria of what a sensational Quarterback is supposed to look like.
They don't have a way to measure the Football intelligence of a player, nor can they comprehend Wilsons uncanny ability to read and react at such a high % of success.
He's already my OROY :th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:01 pm 
NET Veteran

Look at it this way... This was a manning team, then they lost him and lance painter was their QB. You don't win with a shit QB. Insert a good QB and get similar results. Luck is good, but he's not the second coming of Christ.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:37 pm 
NET Veteran

Wenhawk wrote:
I think it was so high because he ran at the right time and converted on crucial downs, most of his incompletions were throwaways not errant passes, and besides that he was perfect

And this is where the qbr has value. I value a qb throwing it away over into triple coverage. Heck I like a 4th down int more than incomplete if it puts the other team on the 10 yard line and the qb rating never looked at any of that...

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:46 am 
NET Veteran

And having a great QBR in limited action or a loss is so meaningful, right? Either way the NFL won't be adopting it anytime soon no matter how much ESPN pimps it.

Sorry Mike.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:50 am 
NET Pro Bowler

per ESPN...

Quote:
Russell Wilson posted a 99.3 Total QBR in Sunday's win over the Bills, the highest single-game QBR this season. Also worth noting that the 3 highest single-game Total QBRs since 2011 have all come against the Buffalo Bills.

LOL. Poor Bills.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321216002 (in the game notes under all the stats)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:53 am 
NET Veteran

Not referring to RW's QBR from yesterday. Just thinking about its value in some past games--notably Tebow games.
Either way this was by no means Wilson's best game IMO.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:08 am 
NET Veteran

Well we know if it were up to Jon Gruden Wilson would be a shoe in for ROTY!

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]