Are you scared of this Niner's Defense?

49elite

Reaction score
bryantology79":24hq5ge6 said:
never scared, but more worried about their offense with the added element of kap's legs. would love to see chancellor catch him by surprise and light him up

I know what u mean..I would love to see Goldson catch that little #3 slipping :D

drdiags

Reaction score
Right now, the 9ers are better in the trenches than the Seahawks in my opinion. Not afraid of them, since the past 4 yrs it has been a given that the rival 9ers had more talent than the upstart, retooling Seahawks.

I think they are physically stouter in the trenches but that is just based on the second half of the game from earlier this year. Time to see how things have progressed.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe the great equalizer will be the best home field advantage in the NFL.

Doesn't guarantee victory but it sure as Hell helps.

BayAreafbfan

Reaction score
I know this thread is based on the Niners second half performance on defence, but take into consideration having one their best pass rushers (Justin Smith) out for the second half. Losing Smith diminished the pass rush to an extent.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I respect their defense and they are a good team. They even score points. But this time around will be a pay back whoopin' at our house. Not no whoopin' like these past two but a convincing win nontheless. I have faith.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The best thing about this game is that it's the NFL's best team versus the NFL's hottest team. I don't care who you are, if you are a fan of the NFL, you are watching this game.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Nope.

Seattle is playing lights out right now. A lot of confidence and swagger coming into this game, and Russell has just taken off. He's on another realm of existence right now. I keep expecting to see him levitate above the field, in the lotus position, and shoot the football from his mind's eye in a perfect laser spiral right into the hands of Rice, in the back of the endzone.

SF hasn't played this team yet. That game in San Fran was against another squad. And it was in SF. This will be in the Clink. This is for more than playoffs. It's a pride thing. It's for BB. It's for us. The Hawks are gonna bring it.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
Yeah. They are very good and fast. They were handling the Pats until they switched up to a cover 2 zone. They create turnovers and they blitz pretty well too. They play physical and I like their swagger. They play like they think they are the best and I can appreciate that.

We have the makings but I think we are a little young and we don't have that swagger (Sherman and Thomas do). I'm curious to see if we can stop the runs up the middle. We also don't put pressure on the QB like they do. Both teams should be well prepared. We have similar QB's, run the zone read, and both coaches are familiar with each other.

Throwdown

Reaction score
49elite":f24n8luq said:
bryantology79":f24n8luq said:
never scared, but more worried about their offense with the added element of kap's legs. would love to see chancellor catch him by surprise and light him up

I know what u mean..I would love to see Goldson catch that little #3 slipping :D

You know... As soon as that happened Kaepernick would have the biggest target on his head from our head hunters right? Y'all don't want that kind of problem, do you?

The Grouch

Reaction score
If the Hawks can keep the SF ground game in check they should be in good shape... like somebody else said, this isn't the same offense that played in San Fran earlier in the season. That being said SF has a great D and it should be a great game. I don't think it's the D we need to worry about, it's the running game... and maybe a close second of keeping Vernon Davis out of the end zone.

:49ersmall:

strohmin

Reaction score
No I am not scared of the defense and neither is our team. Can't wait for this game, but I would have been more excited if the patriots weren't full of chokers.

Zowert

Reaction score
We will see how Kaepernick does under the noise of the 12th man. He played in a quiet collegiate conference and hasn't really been under the kind of pressure that we're about to pound him with.

themunn

Reaction score
Aros":2v3heahp said:
The best thing about this game is that it's the NFL's best team versus the NFL's hottest team. I don't care who you are, if you are a fan of the NFL, you are watching this game.

I don't think the 49ers are the hottest team in the league right now though, do you?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
sammyc521":1vixp6j9 said:
They gave up 30+ point to this Patriots offense.

Yes, an offense that had been averaging 43 points per game over the last 6 games. For perspective, despite your back to back 50-burgers, your team has only averaged 35 over the last 6 games (and several of those scores were by your defense). This offense was playing at a historical level when we came in and held them to 3 by halftime. And considering Justin Smith played all of one play in the second half, we weren't even at our best from then on on defense (if I were you I'd pray that his injury keeps him out next week. Last season when he went out against St. Louis the Rams had 7 points going into the 3rd quarter, and with him out they managed to take that to 27. He is the key to our D, and I promise if he had not been hurt NE wouldn't have passed 30).

The Grouch":1vixp6j9 said:
If the Hawks can keep the SF ground game in check they should be in good shape... like somebody else said, this isn't the same offense that played in San Fran earlier in the season. That being said SF has a great D and it should be a great game. I don't think it's the D we need to worry about, it's the running game... and maybe a close second of keeping Vernon Davis out of the end zone.

:49ersmall:
And neither are we playing with the same offense. New quarterback, remember?

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
SEC FAN":5vgg7r9j said:
Yeah. They are very good and fast. They were handling the Pats until they switched up to a cover 2 zone. They create turnovers and they blitz pretty well too. They play physical and I like their swagger. They play like they think they are the best and I can appreciate that.

The score would indicate that but really the Pats O was stopping themselves with fumbles and drops ALL GAME. Their D is very good but can be scored on. Good luck and beat the 9ers on Sunday..

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":2d5dsl7e said:
SEC FAN":2d5dsl7e said:

The score would indicate that but really the Pats O was stopping themselves with fumbles and drops ALL GAME. Their D is very good but can be scored on. Good luck and beat the 9ers on Sunday..

And the 49ers, with their 4 or so fumbles on snaps, including on a key 4th down, the missed fg, and the Delanie Walker fumble didn't hurt us either... Quit making excuses. You got BEAT despite every advantage, including a critical b.s. PI call late in the game (note that ever single commentator said it was a bad call, and note that every single one said the PI on Crabtree was a good call, because your guy didn't turn around for the ball despite pats fans whining about it). We caused both OUR fumbles (except the Walker one) AND YOURS by knocking the crap out of your players, and Brady's second interception was caused by how badly we knocked the crap out of your TE Herndandez earlier and putting the fear of God in him (that 15 yard penalty for #38 rocking Hernandez' world earlier). He was scared because we hurt him. Your running backs fumbled because we knocked the crap out of them. Admit your defeat without making excuses.

volsunghawk":2d5dsl7e said:
5_Golden_Rings":2d5dsl7e said:
And neither are we playing with the same offense. New quarterback, remember?

That new QB sure put the ball on the ground a lot. Here's to seeing that trend continue. :th2thumbs:

Pray for rain, my friend. But of course, I'm sure Harbaugh will have Kaep putting in some extra practice on the snap this week. The issue should be resolved by Sunday night.