Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?

amill87

Reaction score
Being on the road doesn't excuse giving up 24 points in one quarter.

heyu123

Reaction score
Happens to everyone. You guys gave up 17 in one to the Dolphins

amill87

Reaction score
heyu123":3bv8ycwc said:
Happens to everyone. You guys gave up 17 in one to the Dolphins

And we were all worried to death about our defense. Pretending that it's no big deal to blow a 28 point lead is foolish. You guys pulled it out in the end but that has to be some concern there, if it was the Hawks instead of the Niners in that game tonight, I would be loving that we won but I would be pretty concerned that our bad ass defense almost blew it. I definitely wouldn't be going and trying to trash talk the Niners...

heyu123

Reaction score
Yeah, and see how much your worriness was misplaced? Lo and behold the Hawks still have a really good D despite a little hiccup.

You make way too much of one half vs the best offensive team in the NFL. It's a comical sample size not even worth discussing. Especially since no other team has a QB as good as Tom Brady.

manders2600

Reaction score
amill87":3jf0s2oj said:
JSeahawks":3jf0s2oj said:
manders2600":3jf0s2oj said:
It's nice to beat the Bills and all.

Earlier this season the 49ers beat them 45-3 and amassed a franchise-record 621 yards of offense, without needing a fake punt to do it.

Wilson is playing well, but he's not playing at the highest level in the league. C'mon.

As with the last time these two teams matched up, this game will come down to physical line play, and who makes the fewest mistakes.

Actualy he just put up the best QBR that any QB has scored in any game this season. So he just might be playing at the highest level in the league.

He's also the first QB in league history to have 3 rushing TDS and a passing TD in a half.

Keep denying it, I said it in my post in the main forum but you guys better enjoy this season because it's the last time you win the division for awhile.

Against the Bills. You can certainly be justified in saying that Wilson had the best game of any QB this week, but saying that he is playing at the highest level of any QB in the league because he blew the doors off the Bills and the Cardinals is a bit much.

To be a contender you have to be able to beat playoff teams on the road, either to get home-field advantage or to survive in the playoffs without it. As it stands today, Seattle has played exactly one playoff team on the road (the 49ers) and lost. Until Seattle can beat good teams without that great home-field advantage, they aren't taking the division.

Throwdown

Reaction score
heyu123":18xr8y3g said:
Yeah, and see how much your worriness was misplaced? Lo and behold the Hawks still have a really good D despite a little hiccup.

You make way too much of one half vs the best offensive team in the NFL. It's a comical sample size not even worth discussing. Especially since no other team has a QB as good as Tom Brady.

Man our defense isnt what it was in the beginning still, CJ Spiller was cutting us up.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
mistaowen":3cx36mru said:
Weird how you guys all funnel back after wins....
I was thinking the same thing. Almost every last post on my tapatalk was from a Niners fan. Kind of funny actually.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Look who decided to finally come crawling back after being silent for weeks....

I'll be honest; this is the game I've wanted since our loss to you earlier this season.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":1687ufnt said:
Look who decided to finally come crawling back after being silent for weeks....

I'll be honest; this is the game I've wanted since our loss to you earlier this season.

Last time I spent significant time here, you guys were 4-4 and completely irrelevant. Now you're 9-5 and knocking on the playoff doors. There was no reason to be here a few weeks ago.

Largent80

Reaction score
Regardless of who we have beat, it is HOW we have beaten them that matters. I would like to think that at this point teams really don't want to be playing us.

And Wilson is way cool.

:49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm not expecting any agreement from Hawks or 49er fans, but I'm no longer buying Kap. He'll di great given the wealth of offensive line beef, and the luxurious playcalling that allows Harbaugh n friends to make. But, I personally have abstract concerns over Kap.

He doesn't scare me as he once did. That sounds odd considering how he played last night, but, its my gut on him. We'll see...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":1400u3nq said:
I'm not expecting any agreement from Hawks or 49er fans, but I'm no longer buying Kap. He'll di great given the wealth of offensive line beef, and the luxurious playcalling that allows Harbaugh n friends to make. But, I personally have abstract concerns over Kap.

He doesn't scare me as he once did. That sounds odd considering how he played last night, but, its my gut on him. We'll see...
So you are finally listening to the sense I have been making? Good.

Kaep is a sham. His success is predicated on max protect with two targets to choose between. He will pull it off for a while, there are some good weapons there, but his game is built on the same strong arm punchers chance Cutler has, and his physical skills are miles ahead of his comprehension.

I think time will expose some diva in the young man too.

pehawk

Reaction score
Agreed, scott. And, my opinion changed, he used to scare me.

I'm liking how stubborn Harbaugh is. LaMichael had no business being out there last night, or ever, really.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Scottemojo":bz9otftv said:
pehawk":bz9otftv said:

Kaep is a sham. His success is predicated on max protect with two targets to choose between. He will pull it off for a while, there are some good weapons there, but his game is built on the same strong arm punchers chance Cutler has, and his physical skills are miles ahead of his comprehension.

I agree with the first two paragraphs. I don't agree with the final line, though, as much as I want to. I just can't buy the diva notion when Kaepernick wanted to play college ball so bad he accepted the only offer he had from Nevada (the football powerhouse). I hope you're right, but I don't see it, unless Harbaugh really has an effect on him.

manders2600

Reaction score
Largent80":2jvxgpdg said:
Regardless of who we have beat, it is HOW we have beaten them that matters. I would like to think that at this point teams really don't want to be playing us.

And Wilson is way cool.

:49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

Teams don't want to play Seattle . . . in Seattle.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":16lim2s5 said:
Scottemojo":16lim2s5 said:
pehawk":16lim2s5 said:

I agree with the first two paragraphs. I don't agree with the final line, though, as much as I want to. I just can't buy the diva notion when Kaepernick wanted to play college ball so bad he accepted the only offer he had from Nevada (the football powerhouse). I hope you're right, but I don't see it, unless Harbaugh really has an effect on him.

It has nothing to do with Harbaugh, it is an opinion of him that I formed during the week of the Senior Bowl 2 years back. I don't question his love of ball, I think there is a lot of I in team for him. Not saying it will define him, just that it will be a factor in some key moments. There are going to be some times when he puts more faith in his athletic talents and his arm than in his scheme and his team.

NorCal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":x7ic65wj said:
pehawk":x7ic65wj said:

Honestly, I don't think you are paying attention. Kap routinely runs through multiple progressions while in the pocket. Even NBC had a short segment on it last night before the game. And he makes throws into tight windows without turning the ball over much. He is very smart. But, your saying its your gut feeling. Fine, I guess time will tell.

Oh and I also think you are definitely wrong about LJames. He looks good. He has a 3.8 ypc average last night. Thats not bad for only his second game.

The great thing is we all get to see Kap v RW this week. And for the foreseeable future. They will settle it on the field