So ET got his first career Pick 6 today

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
So ET got his first career Pick 6 today
Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:20 pm
  • I think he may have just locked up an All Pro Season. Guy has been an unsung hero all year. He doesn't have the eye popping stats, but hes the glue that holds the secondary together.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Not meaning to sound greedy, but he should have had two. Great job just the same and he also studded out against the run.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Indeed! The kid is a baller. Who knew with his size he would be a huge run stopper? Love the kid
    "Somebody needs to work some Photoshop magic and put Harbaugh in the car with Pete handing him a nice warm glass of Shut the F*ck Up"
    SlimHawk80
    NET Veteran

• He's one of the best in the biz but again playing in Seattle keeps him out of the spotlight.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• That's amazing. Seems like it's his fifth. He's had some excellent plays.

Well deserved pick six today.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• I was not happy when he was compared to Polamalu after his TFL where he shot through the gap.

ET is a completely different player than Polamalu, and John Lynch (I think it was him that made the comment) should know that.
    Follow me on Twitter: @realchrisbrown5
    Backpack Rich
    ChrisB Bacon
    NET Veteran

• This is his 2nd career TD, right?

I think he had a special teams punt return for a TD in his rookie year.
    VancitySeahawk
    NET Veteran

• ChrisB Bacon wrote:I was not happy when he was compared to Polamalu after his TFL where he shot through the gap.

ET is a completely different player than Polamalu, and John Lynch (I think it was him that made the comment) should know that.

He's much more Ed Reed than Polamalu
    red grenadine
    NET Bench Warmer

• I believe this was his first career regular season TD. He has had two pick 6s in preseason, one off of Favre his rookie year and this past preseason against KC.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• red grenadine wrote:
    ChrisB Bacon wrote:I was not happy when he was compared to Polamalu after his TFL where he shot through the gap.

i think those comparisons talk more about his range, field vision and speed more than anything. He's not the same type of player as polamalu is, but those traits are shared by both guys.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• DUDE, that run back was SICK! I was LMAO when Earl was juking and running around all the way to the endzone! FILTHY!
    largenutz
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, you could tell Thomas wanted the points by the way he was running. Badly. :D It was great.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I fully endorse this thread.

I cannot recall who wrote it, but there was a thread recently (last week I think) about how Earl wasn't playing as good as he should. I couldn't believe it had even been written. Earl, by the nature of his position, has to be everywhere, and somehow he really is. I love this guy.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• red grenadine wrote:
    ChrisB Bacon wrote:I was not happy when he was compared to Polamalu after his TFL where he shot through the gap.

Ed Reed can't tackle very well.

I'm pretty sure Earl ran about 150 yards on his way to the endzone. It's amazing he didn't get gassed going sideline to sideline.
    bmorepunk
    NET Starter

• Yesterday was also K.J. Wright's first career interception.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• VancitySeahawk wrote:This is his 2nd career TD, right?

I think he had a special teams punt return for a TD in his rookie year.

Not that I remember. He has had two interceptions returned for TDs in the pre-season. Farve - Vikings rookie year and Cassel(?) - Chiefs this year.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• The Legion Of Boom was in full effect. I swear i seen ET have a pick 6 during the season before. I remember him flying down the field endzone to endzone. The anouncers where like dudes got some wheels on him. Not in those words of course. Very nice couple of games we have had on D for TO's , hope we keep it up. GO WIN SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!12 :icon_new:
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

• That was a pretty impressive play by Earl and the run back was awesome.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• kidhawk wrote:I fully endorse this thread.

I cannot recall who wrote it, but there was a thread recently (last week I think) about how Earl wasn't playing as good as he should. I couldn't believe it had even been written. Earl, by the nature of his position, has to be everywhere, and somehow he really is. I love this guy.

He went to the Pro-Bowl last Year, probably going to go again this coming Year, so I don't think he's gone un-noticed :16:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

ET phone home
    PAT206
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:I believe this was his first career regular season TD. He has had two pick 6s in preseason, one off of Favre his rookie year and this past preseason against KC.

No he had a punt that was blocked and he scooped and scored against KC in 2010. We got our arses handed to us in that game, but we kept it close through halftime because of that play.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301128026

"Their only touchdown in the first half came when Kennard Cox went untouched to block Dustin Colquitt's punt and rookie Earl Thomas returned it 10 yards for a touchdown."
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information