Anyone who says there's too many bowl games

pehawk

Reaction score
Sucks bizalls.

I love all the bowl games, especially ones like today. I loved seeing Sharks (he calls his mule "The Aggie") boys Utah State and Kearly's crew Nevada (he has a Colin Kaepernik tattoo on his neck).

I never understood the whining "there's too many bowl games".

Xoxoxo

Pehawk

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2vft97gn said:
Its football. Thats all that matters. The more the better.

Exactly. And, I like seeing Nevada and USU, ya know?

SEC FAN

Reaction score
I tried to watch but I just can't get into it. I'm glad the kids get that experience and fans of teams get to watch their teams in the bowl games. I'll start watching when the Vegas Bowl kicks off.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
I didn't expect the 2 yesterday to be much of anything, but they were good. Good start for the bowl season.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The worst thing about the Idaho Potato Bowl is that it's played at Boise State and that blue turf is almost unwatchable on TV.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I like all the bowl games and I like the BCS. I guess the plus one game will be fine, but I think what the Bowl system needs more than anything else is to stop with the conference tie-ins and go for match-ups. That's where the BCS is flawed. The National Championship game is good, but they should continue with the idea. Go 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 or at least something similar for their other bowl games. Other than the Oregon-KState game, all of the other games look like crap.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":1bd4deur said:
I like all the bowl games and I like the BCS. I guess the plus one game will be fine, but I think what the Bowl system needs more than anything else is to stop with the conference tie-ins and go for match-ups. That's where the BCS is flawed. The National Championship game is good, but they should continue with the idea. Go 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 or at least something similar for their other bowl games. Other than the Oregon-KState game, all of the other games look like crap.

Exactly. Hell, they could expand the playoff system and use the lessor bowls as tournament games.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
What did you think of Chuckie Keeton? The guy just seems to improve every week. He's a good QB and that Aggie defense is awesome. Gary Anderson is a great coach. I hope he stays at Utah State for a long time and builds them into a legitimate power like they were 50 years ago when they had dudes like Merlin Olsen.

Gary is a very smart coach, and has shown that he wasn't riding anybody's coattails while the DC at Utah. It was all about him, and don't you guys forget it! :) But seriously, remember when I said Bobby Wagner was going to be good, and my "proof" was that Gary Anderson trusted Bobby to call the defense. I'm not saying Bobby was relaying the signals, I'm saying he was actually CALLING the defense at times because Gary had that much trust in him. My point being that if a genius like Gary Anderson trusts you to take on that responsibility then you're no dummy and you're going to be a good player. Gary also was very supportive of Robert Turbin going pro, and I feel that showed a great deal of confidence in Robert, a great deal of confidence in his successor (who had like 285 yards rushing in the game), and a great deal of confidence in himself as a coach to support guys who want to head to the NFL and wish them luck and reload with new talent.

I do love the bowl games. I like it when a guy like Chuckie gets a night for the nation to watch him and see that he's a special player. I don't know if he'll ever play in the NFL, but I do know that when a guy has a season like that, he deserves to be rewarded with a bowl game and to get some national exposure. Those college kids do a lot. The bowl games are their day in the sun, and it is a chance for them to get "paid" because the bowls are allowed to give them gifts, and frequently they are very nice gifts. My friend who played in the "Pioneer Las Vegas Bowl" was able to take his wife and kids with him to the game, they got a vacation, lots of free food, a Pioneer GPS system, a couple of full on Nike outfits with shoes, pants, jackets, hats, shirts, and the works, an X-Box system with a couple of extra controllers and a bunch of games, an engraved iPod, and all kinds of other stuff. It is a great thing for them and they've earned it. It's different when you look at it from the player's perspective, and having talked with many of them they feel it is a nice reward, especially the seniors who will never play a down of football again. It helps them to move forward, because if it were a tournament you're never sure what your last day is. But in the bowl system, you prepare... you go out there and play your last game and hope it goes well... and you walk away and life starts with a new focus.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Shit... I go and post that and now Anderson takes the job at Wisconsin. I'll be a son of a bitch. I really believed for once that he meant it when he said he was here for the long haul, and was going to build it into a huge program. He was more Urban Meyer than Kyle Whittingham. I guess I thought he was the opposite. Oh well. Hopefully the Aggies snipe a coach from another school on the rise, and around the merry go round goes again.

Latest posts