how did Lane play?

endzorn

Reaction score
Tough to tell on regular TV as far as coverage, but he can definitely tackle.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Stevie Johnson on slants is nearly impossible to stop...Sherman praised him leading up to the game that should say something

SonicHawk

Reaction score
He almost jumped a route and took one to the house. Otherwise he played well.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
The first ball they threw at him he was 1 inch away from the guy and batted it away. They never did much better after that. He played very well in coverage. He was right on his man the whole time.

drdiags

Reaction score
Sherman tweeted that Lane and Maxwell played well for what it is worth. I agreed with the broadcast, the Seahawks DB coach is pretty good. He has these guys coached up. Maybe Pete is helping out since he is an old DB coach but those 2 DB coaches seems to have the guys prepared well.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
You know what's funny Doc Diags? You probably remember Kris Richard playing for us as well as I do, and he really sucked. I guess it goes to show that you don't have to be a great player to be a great coach, because I was bummed when they hired him as a coach. I thought the guys wouldn't respect him since many had played with him and beat him out on the practice field, but he seems to be a terrific coach and did a great job at USC as well. He has turned from a player to a soon to be highly sought after coach in a very short period of time. Much like Mel Tucker who wasn't playing all that long ago and is up for a ton of head coaching jobs now.

I think our coaching staff is very interesting. At DB coach we have Richard who was just not a very good pro player, but at LB coach we have Ken Norton, who was probably one of the top 20 LB's to play in the last 10-15-ish years. Just goes to show you that a coach is just somebody who communicates technique and understanding and helps others reach their best. It doesn't matter if you were a good or "bad" (and I use the term bad loosely, because the fact that Richard made the NFL says he is one of the top 1% of athletes on earth), all that matters is that you can get the important stuff across to the players. So good on Kris. He's done really well and I'm proud to see him back with the Hawks and doing such a terrific job. It probably feels like some really strong redemption for him.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Stevie is underrated. Maybe he's not a true #1, but the dude can ball. He seems to be the one guy who is able to find a decent amount of success against Revis, even if he's not a truly elite talent, his floor doesn't seem to be very low.

canzag

Reaction score
Stevie is a very good WR-give him props for his effort.Look at what Sherm did to Steve Smith but Stevie did some good things against him.Plus that one hand grab was impressive.They targeted him 12 times he caught 8,.That is impressive vs our secondary.

On Lane and Maxwell,I thought they were both solid.did thier jobs and got through the game ok.Now onto next week and hopefully Thurrmond is back.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Maxwell I agree with post above looked better in Man. Lane is well coached and uses his body well and plays off a bit more. He looks somewhat like a young Trufant , both use body position a lot.

Overall both did pretty good but did get a fair amount of help.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
canzag":3onr8r75 said:
Stevie is a very good WR-give him props for his effort.Look at what Sherm did to Steve Smith but Stevie did some good things against him.Plus that one hand grab was impressive.They targeted him 12 times he caught 8,.That is impressive vs our secondary.

On Lane and Maxwell,I thought they were both solid.did thier jobs and got through the game ok.Now onto next week and hopefully Thurrmond is back.

But then who do we get to play the second series? Lane or Maxwell? They're going to have to keep an extra DB active even if WTIII is active because of the risk. They are probably wiser to activate Butler at WR and leave WTIII inactive and see if he can make it through training camp next year. If he can't, then you have to make the tough decision and give him the ol' DJ Hackett. Amazing when on the field, but not worth the risk and roster spot week in and week out.