Russell Wilson's QBR today...

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Hitting on all 8 cylinders at the right time. Definition of greatness right there.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2p2gob0z said:

That's the best game for ANY QB this season. Whether you put stock in that 'stat' or not, that's still pretty freaking awesome.

I prefer the eyeball test to stats. It's that heart and mind and confidense which is displayed thats stats only comment on afterwards.

Steve2222

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":b3bsgwjc said:
peachesenregalia":b3bsgwjc said:

That's the best game for ANY QB this season. Whether you put stock in that 'stat' or not, that's still pretty freaking awesome.

I prefer the eyeball test to stats. It's that heart and mind and confidense which is displayed thats stats only comment on afterwards.

This. Nothing phases this guy. When plays were breaking down at the beginning of the year you saw a little hesitation in him. Not anymore. Everytime you see him getting pressured I think something great is on the verge of happening now.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Howie Long raised the idea of RW being ROTY today and idiot Bradshaw could only talk about RG3...even after Long said "what if RW wins out"? That question stumped the swampman and he just rambled on into something else.

With RG3 out the past 2 weeks combined with Cousins stepping in and the team looking as good or better, I don't see how RG3 is still in the discussion. It's down to RW and Luck, IMO, and with two more wins added to a more impressive list of victims, I don't see how RW loses the award.

chawx

Reaction score
Sweet! This is a stat ESPN loves and are pimping it all the time... Russell's 99.3 score will get them talking about us.

If you care about that or not....whatever

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think it was so high because he ran at the right time and converted on crucial downs, most of his incompletions were throwaways not errant passes, and besides that he was perfect

scutterhawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":241hga1l said:
Well, I'm gonna say this. If Wilson has two great games at home to end the season, and both are wins, I'm not sure how you DON'T give him ROY. Luck hasn't looked good the past couple of weeks, RG3 got hurt and Doug Martin disappeared today. Wilson has gone from strength to strength all season long. SO glad he's our QB.
Most media pundits have Luck as the real deal, because he came in as a rookie to a team that only had 3 wins last Season and is making a huge difference, never mind that the Colts sucked on perpose to get Mannings replacement.

The Colts were set on doing whatever it took, but loseing 13 on perpose?

BEFORE someone tries to dismiss my asertion, last Season was the only Season in a long time that they had such a terrible drop off, and then back in it again ??, I believe in coincidences as much as the next guy, but this is just too much a reach for the Colts IMHO
Wilson was overlooked and under valued because he didn't fit with all the Media experts criteria of what a sensational Quarterback is supposed to look like.
They don't have a way to measure the Football intelligence of a player, nor can they comprehend Wilsons uncanny ability to read and react at such a high % of success.
He's already my OROY :th2thumbs:

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Look at it this way... This was a manning team, then they lost him and lance painter was their QB. You don't win with a shit QB. Insert a good QB and get similar results. Luck is good, but he's not the second coming of Christ.

mikeak

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3ov1je4k said:
I think it was so high because he ran at the right time and converted on crucial downs, most of his incompletions were throwaways not errant passes, and besides that he was perfect

And this is where the qbr has value. I value a qb throwing it away over into triple coverage. Heck I like a 4th down int more than incomplete if it puts the other team on the 10 yard line and the qb rating never looked at any of that...

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
And having a great QBR in limited action or a loss is so meaningful, right? Either way the NFL won't be adopting it anytime soon no matter how much ESPN pimps it.

Sorry Mike.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Not referring to RW's QBR from yesterday. Just thinking about its value in some past games--notably Tebow games.
Either way this was by no means Wilson's best game IMO.

12thMan1

Reaction score
Well we know if it were up to Jon Gruden Wilson would be a shoe in for ROTY!

Latest posts