Xbox 360, I hate you.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
If anyone's looking for a deal; Best Buy is rumored to be running a "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" promotion starting this Sunday (Oct 25th). The promotion says that all PS3, 360 and Wii games are included.

http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/1849.html

Toys R Us ran the same promotion last week. I told the guy that I wanted game coming out this week and he said I could return any unopened game in 45 days. Came back this week and was denied by the manager said the promotion only works for releases at the time of the promotion. BS if you ask me...

Snohomie

Reaction score
Wow. That's a nice deal.

Since I'm sure Trav could use this list, being a new PS3 owner, what are some games everyone feels must be had on the PS3 that are out now?

Sammy, how do you like Borderlands?

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
I just got a PS3, I have MLB The Show (Awesome), Little Big Planet (Awesome), The Club (Pretty good, got it at Fred Meyer for 7 bucks in the bargain bin yesterday), and Metal Gear Solid (Awesome)

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Snohomie":36j641sm said:
Wow. That's a nice deal.

Since I'm sure Trav could use this list, being a new PS3 owner, what are some games everyone feels must be had on the PS3 that are out now?

Stupid Toys R Us wouldn't let me return my games b/c their manager is a tool. He said that Borderlands came out after the promotion so he wouldn't honor it even though an employee told me to do it.

I bought a copy of Madden 10, NHL 10 and Brutal Legends (intending to return the latter two and keep Madden). So I bought a copy of Madden at Costco so I am now returning all copies and waiting until Sunday to buy them. I'm hoping to pick up FIFA 10, Demon Soul and Borderlands at Best Buy.

So far I'm hearing that Borderlands is stupid fun and that once you get a party going it really gets going. The down thing I've heard is that the looting system is first-come-first-serve. So you gotta party with some good people.

PSN: sammyc521

TestMo1337

Reaction score
SundayNiteBlackout":3a2uf0we said:
I just got a PS3, I have MLB The Show (Awesome), Little Big Planet (Awesome), The Club (Pretty good, got it at Fred Meyer for 7 bucks in the bargain bin yesterday), and Metal Gear Solid (Awesome)
Uncharted 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, Ratchet & Clank, InFamous, Demons Soul, KillZone 2, Gran Turismo ProLogue, MLB: the Show 09, and Valkyria Chronicles. These are all the exclusives that are rated pretty well.

Then there's the multi-system games on both 360 and PS3.

Smurf

Reaction score
sammyc521":8u4fotgw said:
Snohomie":8u4fotgw said:
Wow. That's a nice deal.

Stupid Toys R Us wouldn't let me return my games b/c their manager is a tool. He said that Borderlands came out after the promotion so he wouldn't honor it even though an employee told me to do it.

I bought a copy of Madden 10, NHL 10 and Brutal Legends (intending to return the latter two and keep Madden). So I bought a copy of Madden at Costco so I am now returning all copies and waiting until Sunday to buy them. I'm hoping to pick up FIFA 10, Demon Soul and Borderlands at Best Buy.

So far I'm hearing that Borderlands is stupid fun and that once you get a party going it really gets going. The down thing I've heard is that the looting system is first-come-first-serve. So you gotta party with some good people.

PSN: sammyc521

Fifa 10 is a quality game, currently my game of choice.

What TRU did you go to Sammy? I'm curious as i happen to work at one.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Bellevue.

The manager was a turd. Instead of helping me out they now lost out on a sale and probably a customer.

Smurf

Reaction score
sammyc521":2ab4p4se said:
Bellevue.

The manager was a turd. Instead of helping me out they now lost out on a sale and probably a customer.

Yeah, Bellevue is a bitchy store in general, I hate having to deal with them.

OP
OP
TravTex

TravTex

Reaction score
I rented Demon's Souls the other day... it's quite a bit more fun than I expected what's basically a hack 'n slash to be. I'm generally leaning more toward the ROLE in RPGs -- Love things with tons of conversation, interplay between characters, etc. It can be wicked hard at times, though... My last runthrough with a thief had me end up charging in up against the Phalanx demon with no fire... I had a freaking dagger. Somehow pulled a victory out of my butt, but it took damn near thirty minutes of scampering around poking at the stupid things.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Going to pick up Demon's Soul today down in Tukwila.

Got about 2-3 hours of Borderlands in last night. Everything I expected it to be. Stupid fun. Gonna try and play some online with a friend tonight.

Snohomie

Reaction score
I think I am going to try to rent the game tomorrow, assuming I survive 4 straight hours of midterms. I'll hit you up if this happens.

I hope that Best Buy deal goes til Dragon Age comes out. Borderlands + DA = Failing out of school, but it'll be a very happy way to fail.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
The Best Buy deals runs until Saturday I think.

There's a good deal on Amazon.com for Dragon Age. Buy at regular price (which is less than $59.99) and get $10 off your next Amazon order. I checked last week and they were offering $20 bucks off your next Amazon order if you bought COD: MW2.

Let me know if you wanna play a game of Madden too.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Thanks. And I might take you up on that Madden offer, though I'm not playing it much this year. Or the year before. Madden seems to have really fallen off the face of the planet the past couple of years. I HATE that man coverage blows chunks, that the CPU is hellbent on blitzing, and that blocking still sucks. Actually, blocking is okay with me because I understand that's tough to program, it may even be beyond the talents of EA. But there's no excuse for man coverage (cause at one point it was alright) or the blitzing problem (cause it's stupid).

I can honestly say the only thing I like is the whole QB-throwing-motion. That's cool.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Kay. Just played some Borderlands with my buddy. It's awesome.

Let me know if you end up renting a copy Kyle.

Snohomie

Reaction score
This shows my willpower:

"I don't know if I will like Borderlands, I'll spend 5 bucks to rent it first."
Check all local rental stores. Nope, none have it. *sigh*

"Fine, I'll buy it as part of that Best Buy deal IF I can get Dragon Age to count for that 3 for 2 deal,"
They didn't tell me it would, they just told me it might.

I now own Borderlands (and Tekken 6 (roommate) and the soon-to-be-returned Flashpoint 2... looks cool, actually, I just can't afford to keep buying games (NCAA/Madden/NBA2k/Borderlands/Dragon Age) at this rate.

Yeah, this is why I go to college :).

Anyways, I'm going to find someone to scout, then I'll be busting out Borderlands.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Cool. Let me know if you wanna party with me and my friend Bryan (BZA78) in Borderlands.

Snohomie

Reaction score
I'll be on tonight if you want to. Didn't have much time last night... Level 7 soldier (Roland) is all. Tons of fun though.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Going to the Sounders game tonight. If I see you on late tonight I'll make sure to send an invite.

Snohomie

Reaction score
I'd have invited you tonight, Sammy, but it wouldn't let me :(.

Also, you're 17 levels above me. Might have something to do with it.