SNF wants ideas of Seattle

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
How about the Woodinville wineries... like Ste. Michelle and Columbia.

Mount Si is another.

taz291819

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3on2wgio said:
They can make it look 90's outside during the game if they want to. I know this first hand. I was the judge at the finish line of the 100 yard dash during the 1980 Special Olympics in Los Angeles. The day was terrible weather. It didn't rain, it poured. Nothing but clouds and it was as dismal and gray as any day in Seattle.

On the television was Bob Griese "coming to you from Los Angeles for the Special Olympics" and the skies were sunny and blue, looked like you should be on the beach tanning. There I was at the finish line of the race as the wheel chairs sped past, signalling the winner. No rain, no clouds, beautiful day.

So they can show whatever they want.

The technology is not quite there yet to do something like that live. It can be done in post, though not easily.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
A shot of the shipyard at Bremerton, from the water? Probably a lot safer than trying to film Bangor... Plus there's lots of carriers parked next to each other.

Snoqualmie Falls?

Boeing Field, with all the half-painted planes?

A shot of Seattle while arriving on a ferry, showing the giant ferris wheel?

TheHawkster

Reaction score
The whole time lapse starting and stopping while driving and showing local sites would be cool.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Instead of a shot of the Space Needle, how about a shot back toward the stadium from the Space Needle's observation deck.

homerun1970

Reaction score
There was a Christmas light special on last night with a beautiful display out of Seattle. I dont know where it is but im sure some of the locals do.

jhball

Reaction score
Blake island tillicum village with all the native american culture would be pretty sweet.
No twitter for me either.

Chapow

Reaction score
Snoqualmie Falls, pretty spectacular this time of year. Plus, you guys know why these mountains are called the Cascades right? If you don't and you live here, look it up.

Mt. Si is also quite spectacular this time of year when it's all covered with snow.

The Mt. Rainier gondola at Crystal Mt. The view of Mt. Rainier from the top of the gondola is amazing. I think it would be pretty cool if they filmed the whole ride from the bottom to the top in the gondola and then sped it up so the whole ride was shown in ten seconds (or whatever). Hope that makes sense.

The view of Seattle from, Alki, Queen Anne hill, Gasworks park, a ferry, etc.

Because the game is two days before Christmas, some footage of the Snowflake Lane show in Bellevue.

A montage of Christmas lights/Christmas scenes from downtown or other areas. Leavenworth is pretty cool all lit up and snowy.

Mt. St. Helens was a pretty big deal about 30 years, some aerial footage of that.

The Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibit is really frickin cool. http://www.chihulygardenandglass.com

Museum of Flight, Experience Music Project.

I don't have Twitter...

Psychobabbler

Reaction score
Not sure what day the NBC crew arrives, but I would imagine they could contact KING5 for some awesome local shots they have archived through the years.

Just a thought, NBC. Use the resources you have at your disposal.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't get the dislike for the Market, Ferries, Space Needle, they are cultural landmarks here just like the St Louis Arch, and the Beaches in Miami. We can throw some of the other things in sure, but it's about indentity here and Recognition. Our area secrets in my opinion let them stay that way, don't need anymore migrations up here.

rideaducati

Reaction score
They should go to an area where they can see where the Seahawks get the green in their uniforms.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jimi Hendrix

Military Bases

Local institutions of higher learning

Some of the lesser famous people that come from the PNW.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Yeah, just taking shots of the city from different angles, directions etc. would do wonders. Always the same damn city shots over and over. Been that way for years and years.