Pete just commented on the fake punt

BillHawks

Reaction score
Could you clarify for me?

Does he mean that it was scripted and that it was always going to happen, or does he mean that he called it, but didn't want Robinson to run as long as he did?

OP
OP
sc85sis

sc85sis

Reaction score
BillHawks":1sea85xz said:

Does he mean that it was scripted and that it was always going to happen, or does he mean that he called it, but didn't want Robinson to run as long as he did?
It was a scripted play in the game plan based on what they saw on film. The situation matched so they went with it. Pete didn't think about how it would come across, he was just trying to get the first down. After they ran it he realized how it looked and therefore he's taking the heat for not calling the play off.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":3v8vdaij said:
BillHawks":3v8vdaij said:

It was a scripted play in the game plan based on what they saw on film. The situation matched so they went with it. Pete didn't think about how it would come across, he was just trying to get the first down. After they ran it he realized how it looked and therefore he's taking the heat for not calling the play off.
Pretty damned classy of Pete taking the bullit for the team on this instance, that way, the players can feel good about executing the play to perfection.
Pete knows all about how the fake punts / fieldgoals can work, for or against you.
Some will probably be pissed because the Bills didn't think of doing it first.
Screw the laying down on games, it sucks when you don't win, the Seahawks know all too well about letting your opponent back in the game.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":3bba5kl1 said:
BillHawks":3bba5kl1 said:

Is this gleened from the post game presser? I won't catch that till later tonight.

OP
OP
sc85sis

sc85sis

Reaction score
Yes. Mike Rob also just told Jen Mueller it was planned for and they (the Bills) finally showed the look, so off the Hawks went. He also mentioned he liked that it's out there and now teams have to plan for it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1pj8pqsm said:
I still think it was a head game for the 49ers. One more thing on the mind of their special teams.

This right here. Punt coverage will be much better because the 49ers will be thinking about thast fake punt.

Plays in the current game effect play in subsequent games. Good call by the punt team.

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on:

I thought I read somewhere that Jeff Fisher said he was sorry & begged forgiveness
for running that fake FG in St Louis in week 4.......damn nice of him. :34853_doh:

:sarcasm_off:

....payback comes in week 17 ~ I'm sorry to say !! :th2thumbs: