Micheal Irvin....how do you like us now???

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Well, in his defense according to the screen there the question was "who will win a wildcard spot".

We've got a division to win!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Irvin in a nutshell:

I believe it was an Orange bowl. Perhaps against Oklahoma (too long ago). Miami down by a score and very little time on the clock, it's their ball, 4th and 10.

Irvin catches the 4th down pass and is immediately tackled. He jumps up, folds his arms in look at me!! fashion. He then bows back and raises his arms to the heavens...in triumph. He did this until a team mate informed him he was a yard short. Game over, Miami lost.

Forget the crack, forget the hookers, that play and his subsequent reaction is how I will always remember Michael Irvin aka the dipshit.

madbohem

Reaction score
Think you can hear him on tonight/today saying "that's my team right there" although I am not sure because they had the highlights going while that was said. After which, Deion is laughing

drdiags

Reaction score
madbohem":2656lfjh said:
Think you can hear him on tonight/today saying "that's my team right there" although I am not sure because they had the highlights going while that was said. After which, Deion is laughing

Yeah, he mentioned a couple times that he has been on the Seahawks bandwagon all year. That they are his team. He of course was eating crow but probably had caught so much flak from his Thursday night comments that he knew he had to own up. It made me laugh. He is still an oaf but at the end of the day, it is nothing but talk anyway.

bellingerga

Reaction score
drdiags":2vkbtmpd said:
madbohem":2vkbtmpd said:

Yeah, he mentioned a couple times that he has been on the Seahawks bandwagon all year. That they are his team. He of course was eating crow but probably had caught so much flak from his Thursday night comments that he knew he had to own up. It made me laugh. He is still an oaf but at the end of the day, it is nothing but talk anyway.

Yeah I heard him tonight say "They been my team all year" hahah

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Here's the thing.... every one of you is talking about him. Nobody is talking about what Steve Young said. So why do the networks keep guys like Steve around? Because he's smart and can actually give logical pre and post game analysis. Why do they keep people like Irvin around? Because it's funny and people are discussing it, so he obviously is doing his job. They want viewers. They don't care who they are. They just need to prove to the beer companies that they are pulling the numbers they promised when selling them ad time.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
That NFL Gameday stuff was great. Faulk had him eating ALL sorts of crow. It was good stuff. "That's my team right there, I have been blah blah blah all year" When I heard that, then saw the look on his face it was epic. Faulk and Sanders both toasted him. I look at it like this, if Marshall Faulk is praising the play of Seattle, they must be doing something right, because in the past he has really dogged some Seahawk teams. Sanders? Well the Hawks have a lot of talent in the DB department, so you know he values that. I just can't stand Irvin talking, it isn't as bad as Emmitt Smiff was, but I have to sometimes wonder how the others can understand what he is saying. He will be talking, Faulk will just be looking at him like "huh?"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Irvin is the textbook definition of homer hack analyst. The only reason he's hating on the Hawks is because he knows his dumpster fire of a team Cowboys need the Hawks to lose to get into the playoffs.

btw, it's OK to be a homer, but if you're not going to analyze objectively then what are you doing there?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":x9myc5xs said:
btw, it's OK to be a homer, but if you're not going to analyze objectively then what are you doing there?

Capitalizing on your name and not doing any real work. Fair enough I suppose, at the end of the day you're the one who has to look at yourself in the mirror.