Anyone else worried about this game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
MrCarey":1h0ba1d2 said:
Man, I was drunk as hell earlier and trying to spell lackadaisical on Facebook. It did NOT work out. My autocorrect was like, dude, seriously, just stop.

LMAO!! Dude, you seriously made me laugh so hard I think I woke up my kid. Well played sir, well played.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm nervous.

I think there is a lot riding on this game. Honestly, to me it feels like this game is for the division, and maybe our season. I have no confidence in Seattle winning four tough postseason games away from Seattle. Two would surprise me. Four is unthinkable. Seattle hasn't won a road playoff game since... their very first one in 1983?

I also feel like Seattle is destined to win next week and the week after. SF hasn't been the same under Kaepernick and I feel very strongly that the Rams will get destroyed in the finale. They haven't won in Seattle since the 2004 playoffs, and this current Seahawks team is way better than any team they've ever played before, including the one they played earlier this season.

If Seattle does lose, I just hope there isn't a nuclear meltdown around here. I've been shocked at times hearing some of the stupid and dangerous ideas people have floated this Fall while "venting" after losses.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":22evrefe said:
If Seattle does lose, I just hope there isn't a nuclear meltdown around here. I've been shocked at times hearing some of the stupid and dangerous ideas people have floated this Fall while "venting" after losses.

There's a reason a fair number of us are scarce around here the week following a loss. Just sayin'.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kearly":2ddfrstc said:
I'm nervous.

I think there is a lot riding on this game. Honestly, to me it feels like this game is for the division, and maybe our season. I have no confidence in Seattle winning four tough postseason games away from Seattle. Two would surprise me. Four is unthinkable. Seattle hasn't won a road playoff game since... their very first one in 1983?

I also feel like Seattle is destined to win next week and the week after. SF hasn't been the same under Kaepernick and I feel very strongly that the Rams will get destroyed in the finale. They haven't won in Seattle since the 2004 playoffs, and this current Seahawks team is way better than any team they've ever played before, including the one they played earlier this season.

Like I said before, it's perfectly normal to be nervous. In fact, if you're NOT nervous (assuming you've been a fan of the Seahawks for more than 3 seconds) I have to suggest not all of the synapses are doing their jobs. I would love nothing more than to say you are foolish for being nervous, that all of your pause is for not, however, I would be kidding you and myself if I did just that.

Hoping the Seahawks win today is no different than placing all your faith (and money) on black at the roulette table in Vegas.

50/50. Although you think it's better than that or you wouldn't bet.

I still feel 90% confident we win this game. Of course, that and a buck fifty might get you the Sunday morning paper.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Aros":lcf2ah8n said:
Of course, that and a buck fifty might get you the Sunday morning paper.

It won't. Where have you been? $2.00 for a Sunday Times for like, at least 18 months. : /

The Radish

Reaction score
rideaducati":jgvb228f said:
Why worry? There is absolutely nothing "I" can do to change the outcome of this game. I've been granted the serenity to accept the things I can't change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Worrying is not healthy.

lol Rid you are such a liar.

:th2thumbs:

grizbob

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":3kwep6q6 said:
I am never nervous. It has been said that I possess a Zen-like cool about me and many people want to be me.

Never let be said that you don't beat your own drum :mrgreen: :thirishdrinkers:

grizbob

Reaction score
This time of the year with playoff implications, I'm always nervous, home or away :180670:

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm only concerned that we don't shoot ourselves in the foot like almost every road game this year. There have been squeekers that we have lost and it is time that we start winning these. Minimize the penalties, run the ball down their throats and we should come out of there with a victory, a VERY important victory that would likely to a battle for the NFC West crown.

I don't see this as a trap game, I mean c'mon we are a terrible road team and have been since the first game ever played in Hawks colors (save 2005). It is a game that we should take advantage of because we have better overall players/depth at most of the skill positions. But, that is why they play the games.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Sure there's worry. I give us about a 70% chance of winning this game, so most of the time things will go fine, but that other 30% is pretty damn scary. If we lose, the division title is all but dead to us and suddenly the wildcard will get a lot more precarious too. That, and beyond the bad reaction that will be totally warranted, people here will overreact also and start spewing lines such as "season is over, we don't deserve the playoffs" as if such irrational emotional swings from week to week are actually a good idea to submit to. (Note: if you make the playoffs, you deserve it in over 99% of cases. This isn't the BCS.)

When you get this invested it's hard not to worry about the downside. This Buffalo team can absolutely gash us on the ground, and I fear them scoring more than we'd like. I just hope that our offense is up to playing a great game today.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Aros":2eon8fky said:
I've always felt that if your a diehard Seahawks fan, it's in your blood to be nervous before ANY away game. I don't care who the team is, what the circumstances are, if you're not a little bit nervous your either lying or you've developed a keen Zen-like cool that only Russell Wilson seems to possess and if that's the case I want to be you.

I don't care how confident I am about a game, there's always a portion of me, somewhere, deep inside, where the butterflies live.
Russell WilZen.

I like it.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
St. Louis, Arizona, Detroit, Miami. Those are all games we should have won.

Worry we lose to a craptastic Buffalo team? Heck yeah.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
My sphincter is so tight you couldn't get a greased BB up there. Hell yes I am worried!

v1rotv2

Reaction score
rideaducati":33ahw7r9 said:
Why worry? There is absolutely nothing "I" can do to change the outcome of this game. I've been granted the serenity to accept the things I can't change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Worrying is not healthy.

Then obviously you don't worry about home games either. So what your saying is you are unfeeling and have no emotional attachment to the Hawks at all. By having an emotional attachment to something you have to care about it and if you care you will worry. So why are you here?

The answer is because you do truly care and your worried sick. You denial is a way to mask the turmoil raging over your very soul. Right this minute your finger tips are bleeding from the endless nail biting. Your eyes are blood shot from the lack of sleep. Your weak from the inability to keep nourishment down.

Yet you deny!!!!!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yeah, while not worrying about what you can't control is obviously optimal, it's also just not realistic in many cases.

madbohem

Reaction score
I have every belief that this Seahawks team isn't being defined by anything less then how well they are prepared on each day they play. I think they are young, have had a lot of learning on the job, but are at the point now where none of the past matters... they will play, they will dominate, they will rule the world....

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I used to not be worried. Then we lost to Miami.

And last night I had a dream that we lost 11-6, so that's not helping.

Canhawks

Reaction score
We have learned over the years to worry about road games no matter how weak the opponent,one thing we can feel good about is this is far from home game for the Bills.If we can't win this game with so much on the line,we don't deserve the division title.GO HAWKS!!!!

jkitsune

Reaction score
I do NOT guarantee a win this week. I'm worried as well.