The party is on in Toronto

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I've been in Toronto since Monday. Awesome city. Just got back from a side trip over to Montreal. Also a very cool city. Wasn't able to meet up with the guys. But I did track down good ol' BFS at the tail end of tonight. Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. GO HAWKS!

PS - CANHawk, Canadian beer is weak. Sorry.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If you guys don't bring back a Seahawks victory I will never allow any of you to buy me drinks ever again.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly. (I hope I didn't need a winky icon when I wrote that, lol).

The Radish

Reaction score
JonRud":2aoyshb7 said:
Tech Worlds, bestfightstory, mystermatt, a couple of the girls and i are drinking in downtown Toronto reppin the twelves and prepping for tmrw. Big game baby!!!! Toronto is a cool city.

Thank God there are enough of you to carry Tech Worlds back to his hotel when he gets drunk on his ass again!

Matt, don't forget you're cheering for all Shadle Park High grads over here.

:les:

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
If you think American beer is better, or Canadian beer is better, you are not thinking about the problem correctly. The answer is CRAFT beer is better. Another acceptable answer is Belgian beer.

Anyway, rep the 12 hard gentlemen. We are with you in spirit!

OP
OP
JonRud

JonRud

Reaction score
The beer here is very good but they dont know how to do spirits. Cannot get a decent martini. Drinks are small and expensive. Thx to mystermatt for buying me the house special which was something like whiskey, applejuice, and maple syrup with cranberries. Should come with a side of pancakes.

OP
OP
JonRud

JonRud

Reaction score
Didnt get any pics last night but i can prove we were out. Bestfightstory was wearing four hats at the same time. Does that prove it?

I will get pics today and post when i get home.

BeerHawker

Reaction score
Just got through security at the airport in Montreal. 6 people in line. 4 of us were wearing Wilson jerseys. This will not be much of a home game for the Bills.

grizbob

Reaction score
JonRud":b63c8s8c said:
The beer here is very good but they dont know how to do spirits. Cannot get a decent martini. Drinks are small and expensive. Thx to mystermatt for buying me the house special which was something like whiskey, applejuice, and maple syrup with cranberries. Should come with a side of pancakes.

You sure it's Matt, could be John Schneider out slumming :mrgreen: :thirishdrinkers:

MysterMatt

Reaction score
JonRud, it was great to meet you and your lovely wife!

Here's a quick update: it turns out that the team is staying in the same hotel as I. Last night I ran into a bunch of their corporate friends, who invited me to hang a bit and have a drink. That was neat, but when a certain coach popped in to say hi, shit got real. I'll drop names later, but I just want to also point out that I got to hold Marshawn's shoes for today. Very surreal.

Oh, and Toronto is AWESOME!

Largent80

Reaction score
Sweet bro. I remember when you climbed that outdoor sign in SF to slap Hawk stickers over a 49er bill board.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":9z2lwk3u said:
If you think American beer is better, or Canadian beer is better, you are not thinking about the problem correctly. The answer is CRAFT beer is better. Another acceptable answer is Belgian beer.

This is very true. When I was knocking Canadian beer, I wasn't so much knocking the beer itself. But the selection at the average bar here. You'll find some bars with good craft beers on tap. Just seems a lot less common than in Seattle, where craft beers are found everywhere.

Alright, folks. Let's do this. GO HAWKS!

mich83

Reaction score
MysterMatt":2s6aq59o said:

Here's a quick update: it turns out that the team is staying in the same hotel as I. Last night I ran into a bunch of their corporate friends, who invited me to hang a bit and have a drink. That was neat, but when a certain coach popped in to say hi, shit got real. I'll drop names later, but I just want to also point out that I got to hold Marshawn's shoes for today. Very surreal.

What hotel is this? Royal York, SoHo, Rennissance Hotel

VaporHawk

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3w2nbf4x said:

Did someone pull the fire alarm or something this morning?