Superstition?

skater18000

Reaction score
When my mom watches the games with us or is in the house...

The hawks are: 6 - 5 and haven't won a ROAD GAME...

when she isn't here...

The hawks are 2 - 0 with wins @ Carolina and Chicago....

So... the question is does my mom need to leave... (hawks need the win at all costs!!!)

drdiags

Reaction score
Give Mom the boot! Lovingly and respectfully but promptly. j/k, it's just a football game.

Nah, give Mom the boot!

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
hahaha sounds like my dad. His girlfriend watched the Chicago game with us, now she's not even allowed to leave her seat.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Don't worry, she can stay or go, I figured out the problem. I can't wear my light blue underwear on game days anymore.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Man i hate superstition. I have to wear my hawks hat backwards at an angle and ALWAYS have my laptop on my lap with the chat open, or we wont win. that laptop gets hot man..

Dismas

Reaction score
If I wear a jersey while watching the game, the hawks suck awfully.

If I wear my lime green tee, or my really cool seahawks tie dye, they do better . .

I was wearing a jersey at the start of the Bears game, finally, in the 3rdquarter, gave in and changed to the lime green

Needless to say, the jerseys are retired for the season

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Until the Chicago game, I thought I had to be present at the road game for them to win. I was either going to have to hit the lottery or the hawks were only going to get 1 road win a year.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Hmm. I don't keep track of what i might have been wearing during our wins and losses, or who may have stopped by during a game outside of the regulars that may have tipped the scales one way or the other, superstitiously.

Btw, where are all the "well 13 games is too small of a sample size" guys? Dern wet blankets anyhow.

Anyway, lets have some fun here. I can only go as far back as last week's 58-zip drubbing of the Cards to draw on since any longer term memories just don't exist much anymore, wait, this is December correct? if so, I know there's something i'm supposed to do. No worries, it'll come to me. Anyway back to last week's game. You see my golfing buddies and i play four round tournaments and of course we name them, last sunday being the final round of the "Sphincter open" gratiously sponsored by Vagisil. Well i'm one shot back with five to go and take a #^*% triple bogey on 15. How in the hell do you lose a ball in the middle of the fairway? oh yeah, i forgot, the golfing gods hate me. So i end up losing by two strokes.

The good news is, when i have to miss the first half of one of our game's due to the final round of one of our tournaments we always win 58-0
The bad news is, is there is snow everywhere now and i only play with white balls. Although i did play with a couple of blue balls once, but i don't wanna go there...ever again.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
I once had a friend that came over to my house to watch a few road games. Everytime he was there, we never won. I haven't talked to him since the Miami game....he is dead to me.

May Tanzania's glorious power shine on our Hawks in the Roger's center today!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Got my scruffy facial hair ready for game day, then after the game it'll be gone, thats my superstition

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1oamhfaz said:
Got my scruffy facial hair ready for game day, then after the game it'll be gone, thats my superstition

I haven't shaved since the day before the Chicago game, so I approve of this. I am starting to look like a Yeti.

Throwdown

Reaction score
tacomahawk":3nfx2v46 said:
Throwdown":3nfx2v46 said:

I haven't shaved since the day before the Chicago game, so I approve of this. I am starting to look like a Yeti.

That. Is. Awesome!!!