Hawks Sign Deon Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Adding some speed and a guy that can catch is never bad.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
I had a feeling we had not seen the last of Deon Butler. Welcome home my man! :th2thumbs:

CANHawk

Reaction score
Yay! Super glad to see Deon back. Dude is a nice consistent target who can (um, should?) take the top off a defense. Was pissed when they kept martin over him.

kearly

Reaction score
As someone that never liked Deon Butler much, I'm 100% fine with him signing with us again. Seattle's depth situation at WR went from very good to very bad in just a few weeks. Adding another WR with familiarity makes a ton of sense, especially after all the Sidney Rice scares we've had in recent weeks.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Like many, I too have always liked Butler and never fully understood why he didn't have a bigger impact than he did. Seemed capable of a blue-collar, respectable numbers kind of receiver like a Butler or Branch. Hope he sticks this time.

rightbench

Reaction score
so Deon becomes Samwise Gamgee in this little unexpected journey i take it?

" I wasn't droppin' no eaves sir"

mikeak

Reaction score
We need him but let's face it he was worked out by two teams since we cut him and didn't stick. A few catches would be more than expected.

Seafan

Reaction score
He's a slight built WR. He has skills and speed. We are hurting so bad right now at DB and WR he'll probably see some action on special teams. We needed a guy who could play STs, WR and knows the offense. He was the prefect choice.

warden

Reaction score
I met Deion once

Can't get an image out of my mind, holly chit, he is smaller then me

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Butler was one of my favourite players on the team, and I was upset when they cut him this year and kept Edwards and Martin instead. I was hoping the Hawks would come to their sense and sign him again when injuries mounted up. He's a good backup slot receiver in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.