What name to get

Who is the best guy to get on the back of a new Seahawks jersey?

• Marshawn Lynch

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 44 53.0%
  • Earl Thomas

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • 12th Man

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Any one else (please describe in responses)

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
H

HearUsROAR

Reaction score
I have a 12th "fan" Nike cotton shirt that has the seahawk logo on the front and the name and number on the back. I do like the idea of getting my own name with our immortal 12 on it though

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Gotta go with #60 Unger. Don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon. He's nasty, gritty, a team captain, and it would be a fairly uncommon selection. And isn't he a PNW guy? Added bonus for people who care about things like that.

Close second - A #1 Hawk Finn.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'd go with any player jersey. I think 12 is hokie and corny, but thats just my opinion.

Who cares if the player is not a Seahawk for life. I still wear Hasselbeck, Alexander, Tatupu and Hamlin jerseys occasionally and wear them proudly. Hell, i even own a Julius Jones jersey which I bust out occasionally (though not in public :D ).

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2p4aaf8o said:
Hell, i even own a Julius Jones jersey which I bust out occasionally (though not in public :D ).

Bro...

I'm glad though that I'm not the only one that see's the 12 jersey as kinda corny, I thought I was just a jerk.

Sac

Reaction score
You should get a #12 with RolandDeschain on the back. Then go around being a dick to people just for fun.

madbohem

Reaction score
I have jerseys from various players over the years. Sure, none of them last forever. But its also a bit of the history of the team. Largent won't play another down, but he will always be a Hawk... Same with Krieg, Easley, Cortez, Tatupa, etc...

Yes there are players you just want to remember for what they brought to the Hawks. And yes some never measure up to the hope you had for them. Then there are guys like Kitna, who never was a true star in the NFL, spent a lot of time in other places, but he is back in the Northwest teaching math, raising the 12th man flag, or Moon who spent most of his time elsewhere... or Jerry rice who made a short appearance, but honestly I will never think of him as a Hawk...

I think that is what should be the criteria, does this guy represent being a Hawk, because its a business out there and players can move around from team to team, retire, or get hurt.

People who think the 12 is silly, I don't understand that whatsoever. 12 is a big part of the identity of this team and I can remember when the number was retired. This team wanted to honor its fans in a special way. While the business side makes NFL tickets expensive, the heart and tenacity of the fans makes the Hawks special. Talk about a cross generation tradition that goes beyond who owned the team and who coached the team, back when the Kingdome made the noise famous, and Paul Allen's reason for making sure the new stadium kept that identity intact when looking for a design that kept the acoustic integrity behind our Northwest tradition.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have hanging, Tatupu, Hasselbeck, old school Watters and Kennedy. The only player I have actually with the Hawks that is playing is Trufant.

I'm going with 12 and MY name this time.

usc17hawk

Reaction score
I can't help wondering when I will see the first person around town with a "Gundham Style" jersey...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'd go with Wilson, Sherman, Rice, and Lynch in that order.

Let's add Unger to that list as well... right after Lynch.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
jhball":22owpxd8 said:
I got tired of players leaving after my jersey purchase. I would go with 12 personally.
Imo a specific players jersey should be a true franchise guy (# 8, 80, 71, etc). That said, #3 is on my list as soon as I can find a limited.
Good luck man!

THIS. THIS. THIS.

OP
OP
H

HearUsROAR

Reaction score
Knowing that I have a 12th man screen printed Nike shirt with the hawk logo on the front is going to help make my decision a little easier. I'm going with the popular choice and my personal favorite to be here for a long time ahead, #3 Russell (wolf grey). Even more excited for next Monday now! Thanks for your help guys!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Throwdown":3huy79nm said:
JSeahawks":3huy79nm said:
Hell, i even own a Julius Jones jersey which I bust out occasionally (though not in public :D ).

Bro...

I'm glad though that I'm not the only one that see's the 12 jersey as kinda corny, I thought I was just a jerk.

I think it's corny as well.