Will the obsession with Wilson's height ever end?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think this is going to be the most annoying thing to the more than casual Seahawks fan for the entire length of Wilson's career. Media dolts are going to be pointing out his height like he overcame some major handicap every time he does well, and the ignorant few will continue to point it out as a reason for failure until he wins it all.

What say you?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
He's always going to be short. Get over it. The media will always mention it, they just won't ding him for it at all once he hoists the next Lombardi to be handed out.

Also, it'll be used as a compliment after that point. "He did all of <huge list of accolades> despite being 5'10"! Amazing."

hawksfan515

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":jdb2l3i7 said:
He's always going to be short. Get over it. The media will always mention it, they just won't ding him for it at all once he hoists the next Lombardi to be handed out.

Also, it'll be used as a compliment after that point. "He did all of <huge list of accolades> despite being 5'10"! Amazing."

Agreed.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Galen96":10h85tbp said:
did they ever get over flutie's height?

No, because he was never any good. How often do you hear about Drew Brees' height? Not very much.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3mntx6mv said:
I think this is going to be the most annoying thing to the more than casual Seahawks fan for the entire length of Wilson's career. Media dolts are going to be pointing out his height like he overcame some major handicap every time he does well, and the ignorant few will continue to point it out as a reason for failure until he wins it all.

What say you?

I'm afraid that his height will always be an issue while people keep talking and discussing it.
The only way it goes away, if it is ignored and it then becomes a non-issue.

I have never discussed it as an issue and this wll be my only time and then this will be my last time.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Let me get this straight: The OP started a thread about RW's height, so folks can bitch about folks talking about RW's height?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1swbgrsm said:
Let me get this straight: The OP started a thread about RW's height, so folks can bitch about folks talking about RW's height?

Welcome to this thread.

Amount of sense made: 0

:lol:

bellingerga

Reaction score
yeah it's never going to end. I'm getting used to just ignoring it, though every single time Wilson has a pass batted down its going to be "HERE COMES THE SHORT TALK" hah

chris98251

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1mw7umwd said:
Galen96":1mw7umwd said:
did they ever get over flutie's height?

No, because he was never any good. How often do you hear about Drew Brees' height? Not very much.

Actually Flutie did pretty well considering, he sure kicked our ass regularly when he played in Buffalo, he was the player that truly fought the height stigma, Wilson we hear about it, Flutie was constantly battleing it with coaches on his own team. Ditka for one was really down on him for no other reason then that.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
LymonHawk":18c7ne38 said:
Yes, yes he did. You should write congress a strongly worded letter. this shit has got to end.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3rmha0bx said:
In the end his career will be measured not in inches but in wins.

That depends on who's measureing, male or female.

Man

i had a fish on that was this big.

(__________________________________________)

Women

He had a fish on that was this big.

(_______________)

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":jnd6v6x5 said:

What say you?
I say....you just brought it up. Why?

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":j3r6riq5 said:
Scottemojo":j3r6riq5 said:

What say you?
I say....you just brought it up. Why?
I was over at NFL.com and they had that hobbit/Wilson video on the front page. It was annoying. As is the constant mention during broadcasts. I am guessing it will be a topic of discussion during tomorrow's broadcast.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
chris98251":qtuk0qvz said:
Hawkstorian":qtuk0qvz said:
In the end his career will be measured not in inches but in wins.

That depends on who's measureing, male or female.

Man

i had a fish on that was this big.

(__________________________________________)

Women

He had a fish on that was this big.

(_______________)

haha

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I pay very little attention to it, I figure it's no big deal. People will always sell him short, but in the end, it's just a small annoyance. People overlooking him due to his height is such a small issue - it's dwarfed by the issues of ongoing east coast bias, refs cheating us out of games or schedules that are unfair to us.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The biggest problem is that most these folks are taking the wrong measurements.
They're still trying to fit Wilson into the conceptual mold that they created in their limited minds.
Pete Carroll and John Schneider aren't wasting time trying to fit the square pegs into the round holes, they're too buisy high fiveing with each other over their good fortune :lol:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
scutterhawk":268sk296 said:
they're too buisy high fiveing with each other over their good fortune :lol:

I take issue with your use of the word "fortune"; I think "fortune" implies a certain amount of luck. Carroll had to talk Schneider down from grabbing Wilson in the 2nd round. Schneider knew what Wilson could do.

They are doing high-fives over how mother-freakin' SKILLED they are! :D :lol:

Man, I love Papa Pete & Uncle John.