Bryon Maxwell/Jeremy Lane. Next great Seahawk CB?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Just wondering, how do you think Lane and Maxwell will do against Buffalo?

I bring up one scenario, and that is Richard Sherman rose to a starting spot. Everyone thought he would suck, and he turns out to be a superstar! Our FO is great at drafting CB's, and we acquire great ones, so why would Lane or Maxwell be any different?

Just hoping the best for these guys, and it's possible one of them takes advantage of their time to shine by playing admirably and seizing the job from Thurmond/Browner. Hopefully!
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• I've got really high hopes for Lane as a CB. Maxwell not so much. I think Max is destined to be not much more then a special teams stud, fringe of the roster type guy.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:I've got really high hopes for Lane as a CB. Maxwell not so much. I think Max is destined to be not much more then a special teams stud, fringe of the roster type guy.

I kinda want Maxwell to succeed though. He looks big and bulky, the kinda guy who can throw around opposing receivers like Browner can.

But yeah, I guess it's okay if Lane becomes a superstar too :)
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Wasn't Lane kicking ass in preseason? I know it's just preseason, but still, I've got a good feeling about this kid.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• If Lane turns into another Richard Sherman...I don't know what to say, except that I will literally be in awe of our front office. I am not expecting great things from either of them, though; and I don't mean that as a slight against them.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Only so many roster spots for starting corners, Browners spot will come up sooner then Shermans baring injury or excessive salary demands. He's our oldest CB outside of Trufant,I also think that the nickel position is going to be wide open if Thurmond can't stay healthy.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• RolandDeschain wrote:If Lane turns into another Richard Sherman...I don't know what to say, except that I will literally be in awe of our front office. I am not expecting great things from either of them, though; and I don't mean that as a slight against them.

You're not in awe already?
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• It's hard to tell, I could see Lane being the next great thing in Carroll's system, but you just never know. Maxwell is a big physical guy, he's dealt with injuries, and has been a solid special teamer. I agree I don't think his future is as bright as Lane's, but he can be solid depth and shouldn't be an issue against Buffalo who is going to have to max protect tomorrow.
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie

• I keep on thinking back to when Maxwell was ahead of Sherman on the depth chart before he went down with an injury last year.

Hopefully he blows it up.

Go Hawks!
    King Dog
    NET Starter

• King Dog wrote:I keep on thinking back to when Maxwell was ahead of Sherman on the depth chart before he went down with an injury last year.

Hopefully he blows it up.

Go Hawks!

No I don't think he was. Sherm got so far up that on 3rd downs they moved Thurmond to the slot and Sherman to the outside.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• hawksfan515 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:If Lane turns into another Richard Sherman...I don't know what to say, except that I will literally be in awe of our front office. I am not expecting great things from either of them, though; and I don't mean that as a slight against them.

You're not in awe already?

Well said, my friend
    "If I were Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Flynn, I'd be leery of this kid because if you give him a chance, if you give him a chance and look past his 5 foot 11 or 5-10 and a half or whatever it is, if you give this kid a legitimate chance to win the job, he'll win it" - John Gruden
    mjwhitay
    NET Rookie

• hawksfan515 wrote:You're not in awe already?

Well. I guess not. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely impressed, but I don't think it's quite to the point of jaw-on-the-ground just yet. It will be if we have another stellar draft next spring, though; or if Lane turns out to be a stud CB.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:You're not in awe already?

Well. I guess not. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely impressed, but I don't think it's quite to the point of jaw-on-the-ground just yet. It will be if we have another stellar draft next spring, though; or if Lane turns out to be a stud CB.

Not even after the selections of Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner, Russell Wilson, and Robert Turbin?

:|

Dude, that was an amazing draft, even thought their rookie seasons aren't over the results look very promising..... Much better than Ruskell....
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Lane does so many things well, but in terms of his coverage and physicality he's very similar to late career Trufant (I mean that in a bad way). He's easy to push around and can be beat for a short reception pretty damn easily. Even at roughly six feet tall, he still doesn't look quite big enough for Carroll's defense. That said neither is Thurmond, but Thurmond makes up for it with outstanding athleticism and anticipation. I'd like to see Seattle add at least one if not two more mid-to-late-round corners in the 2013 draft, and I suspect that Seattle might just do exactly that. What else are they going to spend those 9 or 10 draft picks on?

Byron Maxwell is great on special teams, but just doesn't look the part as a corner. He seems like a bit of a loner in the locker room and always gives off a negative vibe on the Real-Rob report as well. Might be resentful knowing that his status on the roster isn't as secure as he'd like it to be.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:Lane does so many things well, but in terms of his coverage and physicality he's very similar to late career Trufant (I mean that in a bad way). He's easy to push around and can be beat for a short reception pretty damn easily. Even at roughly six feet tall, he still doesn't look quite big enough for Carroll's defense. That said neither is Thurmond, but Thurmond makes up for it with outstanding athleticism and anticipation. I'd like to see Seattle add at least one if not two more mid-to-late-round corners in the 2013 draft, and I suspect that Seattle might just do exactly that. What else are they going to spend those 9 or 10 draft picks on?

Byron Maxwell is great on special teams, but just doesn't look the part as a corner. He seems like a bit of a loner in the locker room and always gives off a negative vibe on the Real-Rob report as well. Might be resentful knowing that his status on the roster isn't as secure as he'd like it to be.

Maxwell's gonna prove you wrong! :)

But for some reason Derek Stephens was very fond of Maxwell, one of the reasons I like him. Not sure why......
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• I looked at the play of Phillip Adams against the Broncos/Manning for the Raiders the other night. Very impressed with his press skills and the Seahawks let him walk (Thomas was out though, so the WR was 2nd string going against him). I am thinking they have a decent stable of DBs to allow Adams to walk as well as releasing Gorrer (#29, inside joke). The DB coach must be pretty good at coaching up his guys.

I would not be surprised to see one or the other show well while filling in. Maxwell seems better to me of the two. I think Fitzgerald will be winging it around so they will have to be up to the task in the short term.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• kearly wrote:Byron Maxwell is great on special teams, but just doesn't look the part as a corner. He seems like a bit of a loner in the locker room and always gives off a negative vibe on the Real-Rob report as well. Might be resentful knowing that his status on the roster isn't as secure as he'd like it to be.

Dude, I think your reading too much into what you see on the Real Rob Report.
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote:Lane does so many things well, but in terms of his coverage and physicality he's very similar to late career Trufant (I mean that in a bad way). He's easy to push around and can be beat for a short reception pretty damn easily. Even at roughly six feet tall, he still doesn't look quite big enough for Carroll's defense. That said neither is Thurmond, but Thurmond makes up for it with outstanding athleticism and anticipation. I'd like to see Seattle add at least one if not two more mid-to-late-round corners in the 2013 draft, and I suspect that Seattle might just do exactly that. What else are they going to spend those 9 or 10 draft picks on?

Or it could be because Mike Rob is a d#%* to him on camera lol. Can't read too much into that, who knows how they really are.
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie

• BAllenHawk wrote:Or it could be because Mike Rob is a d#%* to him on camera lol. Can't read too much into that, who knows how they really are.

I kind of think this is what we are seeing on those videos. It doesn't matter though. They either show it when given the chance or they don't.

They aren't better than the guys they are replacing, or they would have been starting before this.
    Idle vaporings of a mind diseased
    VaporHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information