Votes: 25 24.0%
  • Russell Wilson - Offensive ROY

Votes: 62 59.6%
  • Bobby Wagner - Defensive ROY

Votes: 17 16.3%

• Total voters

GCrow

Reaction score
Hey all, something i've been pondering lately, and out of curiosity would like to get some more opinion from the 12's.

The work/play of all three of these candidates so far this season lead them to deserve to be in the discussion for their respective end of year awards, and while I would love to see them all get their due credit... if you could pick just one to win who would it be?

For me personally, I would choose Pete. The "5 year plan" and how we are somewhat a year ahead of schedule gets brought up here a lot and I think this would be a testament of everything he has done so far for turning around this franchise so quickly (obviously along with the work of JS and the rest of the front office). That and the decision to start Russell from week 1, which personally I feel you could count on one hand the rest of the coaches in this league would have done as well make him deserving. It to would be great to see Russell and Bobby win however, their play on the field speaks for itself enough and people certainly have taken notice. While Pete is also starting to get his fair credit this could also be like a large F-U to everyone who did not think he could ever be successful coaching in the NFL.

Thoughts?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Going with Wagner.

I love Wilson, but I don't think he's earned OROY. If RGIII wasn't a rookie in the same year, then maybe, but Griffin's been amazing by all measures. Wilson deserves to be on the short list and part of the conversation, but Griffin's the clear winner to me.

Carroll - well, the jury's still out for this particular season, imo. If he can get the team to win out and make it to 11-5, I'd support him for COY. But he's ultimately responsible for some of the miscues we've had, too (notably, the Miami game). Credit for starting Wilson when the conventional wisdom dictated otherwise, but he gets dinged for keeping Wilson too bottled up initially, and making some questionable calls on gameday. I'd probably give this one to Greg Schiano. To have a Bucs team that finished last season SO poorly in the conversation for a playoff spot 13 weeks in is no small feat.

I think Wagner's performance against Arizona should be a clincher for DROY for him. I imagine the Keuchly supporters would argue against it, but it's an easy call in my book.

grizbob

Reaction score
Since you didn't have all of the above, didn't vote :mrgreen:

Chapow

Reaction score
John Schneider for executive of the year.

hawker84

Reaction score
think RGIII has outplayed russ to this point

carroll needs to get us deep into the playoffs and or SB for me to see him as COY, but i think he's doing a fantastic job

wagnor is a rookie playing the second hardest position on the field in my opinion, and not only doing it well , doing it exceptionally well.. he appears to be learning from his earlier mistakes, and is improving ... his ballhawking skills are second to none, just needs more seasoning to become an elite middle backer.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If we win out and RW keeps playing awesome, Pete will be a great candidate. They can focus on the fact he chose to start Wilson over Flynn.

Competition for Coach of the year
Arians
Carroll
Schiano
Fisher
Mike Smith
Harbaugh
Kubiak

Seems this award goes to the coach whos team came out of nowhere or they were the single dominate team of the season

ATL, HOU, NE, DEN, BAL, SF, GB are all about equal an none were really unexpected

Ind, Sea, TB, STL, and Min are all teams that weren't expected to be divison winners or playoff teams. Seattle had recieved the most hype pre season so that does hurt Carroll's chances, but making such a controversial move to start Wilson over Flynn could be his savior. If the Hawks go 11-5 and Carroll doesn't win it better be because the story about Indy's coach getting cancer drew the votes.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cancer - the secret trick in every Coach of the Year's bag. I don't like how so many are assuming the combo in Indianapolis deserve CotY.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Anyone think that the Colts aren't getting the Coach of the year? Although they've had to use a coordinator as coach most of the year, I can easily see with their record and the coaches story this season, getting them the nod for coach of the year.

As for DROY, I love Wagner and think he should be in the discussion, and things can change in three weeks, but right now I think that Kuechly (sp?) is a little more deserving.

and ROY (offensive or overall) - right now, I think it is likely going to Luck, but if I were to vote, I'd give it to RGIII today. Now, with his injury, that could well affect how the rest of the season goes, and with Wilson getting better every week, I could find myself changing that vote to Wilson, because in my mind, he's nipping at the heels of RGIII right now and is basically only behind him because Wilson had a slower start than RGIII

Deixis

Reaction score
Who I would like most to see bring in his respective award is Wagner. Of the three, he would seem most likely to fall off to me (due to the awesomeness of RW and PC rather than a knock on Bobby). Would love to see him get this pat on the back!

rideaducati

Reaction score
I think it would be epic listening to everyone bitch and moan about Pete Carroll winning COY after everyone was talking about some imaginary hot seat Pete was on at the start of the season.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
rideaducati":2rigbztz said:
I think it would be epic listening to everyone bitch and moan about Pete Carroll winning COY after everyone was talking about some imaginary hot seat Pete was on at the start of the season.

Sweet! However, we would have to win the Super Bowl for this to happen.......plus Russell winning the ROY!!!